aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610440 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2015, 09:30:37 pm »
I still need to produce several graphic assets - night ops armor, a couple of guns, targetting system and forcefield for craft, and most of all, the pedia pics for slave researches as they were requested.

Second priority is adding two other new outfits - bikini-style barbarian outfit (you get extra throwing, bravery, voodoo and melee but at a major cost in carrying capacity), and workout outfit (extra stamina & stamina regen but again at the price of capacity and probably some combat ability). Also the training room, it seems inevitable that it has to be added (not early, but as a mid-game upgrade, though - after all, normal workout is not enough and the facility is currently pretty powerful, as you get a chance of a +1 increase on any stat every midnight).

Tertiary priority is some utility weapons - like flashbang grenade, nerve gas grenade, hallucinogen grenade, as well as maybe some sprite-enhancements for the pirate sprites to look cooler - but these can be omitted from this release.

Also probably I finally need to add pedia/inventory pics for the fatman, guild hostess and air sailor which are still missing, it's a bit of a sore spot that went unresolved for so long. Testing-wise, everything is coming together just fine so far other than my crew got stunted by an unexpected effect of trying to curb the super-psi-strength training cheat - and I don't have anyone with Psi Str of above 50. Curiously enough, 50, with close-to-max skill and witch outfit is still enough to MC most enemies - at close range ofc since the VooDoo rod is now capped at Range 13 :)

Oh yeah and if you have any cool pictures for Ship Targetting System (+15% acc on all weapons) and Forcefield (adds damage resistance, probably), I wouldn't mind getting my hands on them, else - I'll just use their analogues from XCom: Apocalypse, after all, what's a better source of graphic resources than another X-Com game? After all, we love them all (well except the 2012 edition which never existed).

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2015, 10:38:28 pm »
...night ops armor...

How about the gear that XOPs has his soldier's wearing?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2015, 11:01:41 pm »
Well, I love these, but the paperdoll simply won't fit - the gals are larger than humans (but it can be just perfect for Spartan officers) :) Alas, the combat sprite of that blue armor looks sooo cool!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2015, 11:18:38 pm »
well, yeah, the blue combat armor is something else...

I do have a copy of XOPs image templates (.psd file), and he has the uppers and lowers of the soldier model in them with the "night vision goggles"  - at least something that looks like them.  Maybe you can use the heads from that to merge with your Night Ops Armor Sprite?  maybe on a metal or leather armor base?

Just some ideas. :)

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2015, 11:55:32 pm »
Dioxine, if you need the original photoshop files for any of my armors (or any other of my graphics for that matter), just ask. They all have the original full colors before the XCom limited color palettes eviscerates it. I have everything layered even if it isn't very neat and organized. Also, i know you can't use the paper dolls, but consider checking out the Nerve Suit in Xeno Ops (Sprites XCOM44 through XCOM49 in the armor folder). They have a really nice NV goggle graphic for the battlescape view.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2015, 03:16:48 pm »
Great stuff! For the gals I actually have something much more primitive in mind, but I'll definitely let you know if I'd like some of this great stuff of yours (already using a bunch). Actually I am also thinking of rebuilding your black/white lasers into a custom Gauss weapons line. :) Not sure if having the source files would be of much help to me - I love the designs, but to make them smooooove enough for my tastes some old fashioned pixel art love is needed :)

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2015, 10:34:21 pm »
By the way, any news on Sectoid and Spartans development?

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2015, 11:58:34 pm »
Great stuff! For the gals I actually have something much more primitive in mind

Leopar, powered bikinis? woooooot!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:37:56 am by pilot00 »

Offline b.o.s domestic disputes

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2015, 01:56:11 am »
Hello dioxine I wanted to ask if you knew about a glitch that crashes the game at the end of every month.  recently updated and I was wondering if that was why. I even made a new game but it still happened. i don't get monthly pogroms either if they are monthly in this mod.  so any help how be appreciated. thanks for reading this if you can't help me

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2015, 02:33:54 am »
Hello dioxine I wanted to ask if you knew about a glitch that crashes the game at the end of every month.  recently updated and I was wondering if that was why. I even made a new game but it still happened. i don't get monthly pogroms either if they are monthly in this mod.  so any help how be appreciated. thanks for reading this if you can't help me

You might want to ensure that you are using the correct nightly.  Its linked in the first post of the PirateZ mod thread here:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1898.0.html

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2015, 06:47:52 am »
By the way, any news on Sectoid and Spartans development?

Not on the next release, but they're being developed and scheduled to appear pretty soon after that.

Like Ivan said; this looks like a wrong Nightly build.

Leopar, powered bikinis? woooooot!

That too, but I meant a more primitive NVGs model :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2015, 02:58:43 pm »
That too, but I meant a more primitive NVGs model :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2015, 03:14:31 am »
A little picture to show that work is being done :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:59:31 am by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2015, 10:29:48 am »
Nice! Night ninja gear :) I'm sure the gals will welcome the additions to their wardrobe :D

One comment on the craft, besides that it looks awesome: Wouldn't it be better to have the weapons on the top row, left and right (since XCom teaches you that there is a weapon system per wing and that's how the range lines are drawn), with the auxiliary systems at the bottom?

Guns first, toys second? ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2015, 11:00:35 am »
Would make sense except these toys go into weapon slots, so you'll have to choose :)

A standard fighter setup has 2 Missiles OR Thrusters and 2 Cannons OR Targeters in any combination. Ditching missiles for thrusters makes your ship faster and increases dodge (2 thrusters increase overall survivability by around 75%). Ditching cannons for targeters increases accuracy and radar range; since the missiles are super-accurate anyway, this setup is less powerful (as intended - missiles are powerful in their own right), but would be much more powerful on a craft that has 2 cannons & 2 heavy guns (like the Bonaventura).