aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3689572 times)

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #8985 on: March 07, 2024, 03:52:48 pm »
On an unrelated note, I keep getting the "Idiot" condemnation for my over reliance on the spikey SMG and I'm feeling a little attacked. It's a great weapon, I swear!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8986 on: March 07, 2024, 05:54:37 pm »
On an unrelated note, I keep getting the "Idiot" condemnation for my over reliance on the spikey SMG and I'm feeling a little attacked. It's a great weapon, I swear!

I also think it is great! So I'm an idiot, too.
Idiot pride!

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: March 07, 2024, 06:18:00 pm »
>idiot pride

Finally, a gender identity that fits me.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: March 08, 2024, 08:12:46 pm »
do you use it for the shooting, the melee stun, or both?
is the chem ammo any good?

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: March 08, 2024, 10:43:19 pm »
So, when do you guys usually get rid of your Menace-class? I have just unlocked the Thunderhorse, the first transport with more crew then my Bonaventura. And now I am a little undecided since the latter is a unique ship.

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: March 08, 2024, 11:05:06 pm »
So, when do you guys usually get rid of your Menace-class? I have just unlocked the Thunderhorse, the first transport with more crew then my Bonaventura. And now I am a little undecided since the latter is a unique ship.

I usually don't get rid of it. Just make a "Shipyard" base (some hangar, some detection and storage) and send it there. I do that for "unique" ship that I don't use as much as I should. Just in case. I do sell ships that can be bought straight from the Contacts. like the Snake, or the AirSpeeders

Hell, I still have the starting AirBus stored

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: March 09, 2024, 02:25:33 am »
do you use it for the shooting, the melee stun, or both?
is the chem ammo any good?

Shooting primarily. It's a surprisingly good reaction weapon, and the high numbered autofire can usually guarantee a kill on most soft targets without drawing reaction fire, which makes it good for clearing your landing area. The bash isn't great, as by the time it starts reliably hitting, your gal will be strong enough to kill people with it, the chief advantage being the higher accuracy over the normal SMG. I usually just use it for knocking down fences tbh.

Chem ammo is niche enough that I usually ignore it. The incendiary ammo is a lot better.

Hell, I still have the starting AirBus stored

In fairness, you actually do need the airbus for a later mission.

Offline BT000

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: March 09, 2024, 04:30:24 am »
I chose gray codex and finally got my first weird gal.
So I'm trying many different wands and cane.
But all of these spend a lot of Freshness.
Could you tell me how to refresh quickly? I have luxury spa already.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: March 09, 2024, 02:58:11 pm »
I chose gray codex and finally got my first weird gal.
So I'm trying many different wands and cane.
But all of these spend a lot of Freshness.
Could you tell me how to refresh quickly? I have luxury spa already.
There's a few Freshness-restoring consumables like the Buddha-X Smokes and Cigar El Commandante, but for the most part what you've got is what you've got. Managing your freshness is a big challenge for voodoo-heavy gals.

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: March 13, 2024, 02:34:00 pm »
So, is there a way (research, manifacturing, etc.) to find the Ninja HQ?

Offline Maur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: March 13, 2024, 05:36:22 pm »
Oh my... Cats! I need to start another run, so cute!

On a more serious note, i was browsing old posts here, and noticed longish elaboration by @Dioxine about Spartan lore (would link but lost it, it was years ago post)

I know most people would probably skip over it, but if you find it fun, Dioxine, i would be gladly read more lore. Could be like LOTR appendices, or Opisanie Wiedzmaka (Wiedzmak chutliwy jest i lasy na dziewki bardzo, hehe) style, accurate or not (i understand some things need to be left unanswered), and likely late in research tree.

Oh a last question. I don't want to spoil myself, but need to ask one thing: What do Cats for Life gate? Wondering whether i should do Peasant Revolution i wanted before and just recruit Cats or there is interesting stuff gated behind the choice.

Oh, and very last question, i was wondering, how would you translate Commander? Przywodca, Dowódca, Komandor or Komodor? :D ;)

EDIT/ Btw, shouldn't it be XBuccaneers? I mean, we are being paid...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 06:48:43 pm by Maur »

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #8996 on: March 13, 2024, 06:49:02 pm »
Cats 4 Life gets recruitable catgirls off the market (same as buying Hands for Gals Are Superior) as well as a unique craft based on xcomfiles' Kitsune. There's also access to the Golden Pistol and the other nekomimi golden weapons. One of the big bottlenecks for Cat Path is that both the unique craft and unique weapon consume Neko Nuclear Batterys which are quite expensive. Catgirls are pretty decent as rare recruits and have a good niche as auxiliaries (and cute mascots) but they struggle as mainline troops due to their low health and low armor. They've got all the speed and killy-ness of a melee gal but all the fragility of a peasant. If you haven't done Peasant Revolution yet, I would recommend doing so. It's especially flavorful if you start in Red Revolution (Venezuela) for the extra revolutionary recruits from that country's starting event.

If you're interested in Cats 4 Life, check out the Everyday Is Caturday thread; Yugian is doing a let's play with this gimmick.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: March 13, 2024, 06:57:22 pm »
Man, nightgown is powerful in shadowrealms, particularly on highly fresh gals powerful in voodoo.

A gal that, thanks to long life and condemnations, has 200 TUs, 200 Freshness, and 100 VooDoo strength can just run around and beat tens of foes to death on turn 1.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: March 14, 2024, 09:12:07 am »
EDIT/ Btw, shouldn't it be XBuccaneers? I mean, we are being paid...

Privateers is a more accurate overarching term for a government-paid Pirate, though Buccaneers, Corsairs and the like are both regional variants with some cultural and/or religious quirks, and the simple synonym for Pirate.

Offline Shaddara

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #8999 on: March 14, 2024, 11:25:26 am »
Hi everyone. Please answer the question. Is it normal that test flight technology has become repetitive? Sorry for my bad english.