Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3690903 times)

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #8940 on: February 10, 2024, 01:14:30 am »
Ok, I just found out/realised that I am locked out of the actual interesting codex stuff because I am playing on easy.

This kind of gate-keeping is really disappointing and probably the first bad thing I can say about the mod.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: February 10, 2024, 03:26:29 am »
Should be incentivizing to play more/get better to handle the higher difficulties to receive and enjoy the unplayed content. I don't believe that should be deemed a bad design choice.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8942 on: February 10, 2024, 12:25:17 pm »
At least the game informs you directly about it (via the "Enjoying The Dream?" event featuring the Night Witch).

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: February 10, 2024, 12:32:19 pm »
At least the game informs you directly about it (via the "Enjoying The Dream?" event featuring the Night Witch).

Not sure how that makes it better. Also, if it wasn't intended to be an insult to people who decide to take it easy, they could have mentioned it somewhere before you start a game.

And before someone says "But...there are forum posts about it!" or something like that: My first reaction to playing a game is not searching every forum on the internet.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: February 10, 2024, 07:05:23 pm »
You get one thing wrong. X-Piratez is not game. It's a mod to existing game. Because of that you should have a different approach and different expectations. Reading about a mod on forums is the expected approach.
John Silver is the easy difficulty. What you are playing now is supposed to be a tutorial. You can change difficulty any time by editing your save file.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: February 10, 2024, 08:38:56 pm »
Not sure how that makes it better. Also, if it wasn't intended to be an insult to people who decide to take it easy, they could have mentioned it somewhere before you start a game.

And before someone says "But...there are forum posts about it!" or something like that: My first reaction to playing a game is not searching every forum on the internet.

Well, I'm just saying that this information was given directly within the game, not some external source. It literally tells you that this is not the full game experience.

You can always change your difficulty manually in the save, it's just one digit near the top of the file.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: February 10, 2024, 11:19:10 pm »
In fact he stated there are planned for xpiratez only two types, large and small, hope that gonna make in the next version..

Seems an 1x1 new type of hangar is planned in a future version; but the hunt party will use it? While expedition is likely to use the vanilla hangar i was wonderin about the party...

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: February 11, 2024, 12:00:44 am »
I would totally make Hunting party use small hangars.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: February 11, 2024, 01:16:03 am »
I would totally make Hunting party use small hangars.

Well actually all the ground vehicles should do that, maybe with the exception of convoy and expedition? Maybe yes maybe not...?

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: February 11, 2024, 01:16:37 am »
Man I cannot wait for the small 1x1 hangars. x.x

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: February 12, 2024, 09:24:51 am »
Well, I'm just saying that this information was given directly within the game, not some external source. It literally tells you that this is not the full game experience.

You can always change your difficulty manually in the save, it's just one digit near the top of the file.

Will that even do anything, after the event (https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_THREAD_OF_PROPHECY) happened?

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: February 12, 2024, 10:33:01 am »
I didn't even knew such event exists. It tells you you are being hand walked through park and you have to wake up ;) The tutorial is complete. Now you have a basic understanding to start a real campaign. Second difficulty has no limitations and still low enemy count. First academy airbuses will have just 4 nurses. If you are not seeking to challenge yourself and just want to finish this mod go with John Silver.
On Blackbeard you'll have about 50% more enemies and things you sell will give you 10% less money. Starting academy Airbus will have 7 nurses on board. This is the highest difficulty I play on.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: February 12, 2024, 11:38:37 am »
Will that even do anything, after the event (https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_THREAD_OF_PROPHECY) happened?

You are correct, it looks like you also need to remove STR_THREAD_OF_PROPHECY from the save, else STR_WASTELAND_PRIESTESS won't be available.

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: February 12, 2024, 09:40:10 pm »
Already regretting my choice to change difficulty.

I can deal with the government invading 2 of my bases and then slapping me with a big point malus for defending myself, but Mercenaries? I struggle against those guys with my main team, no way I can beat them back at any of my secondary bases.

Any tips on how to deal with them?

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: February 13, 2024, 12:34:15 am »
Ok. Mercenaries attacking your base is absolute overkill. Bio is the best way, but it's hard to deliver bio damage from distance. Blow pipe is great because poison darts will disrupt reaction fire. You'll need 2-3 darts per mercenary. Going in to melee with poisoned dagger also works. Dart pistol will deal bio damage at medium range. If you've been doing sea adventure missions and killed some hallucinoids than you have poison tentacle which will absolutely destroy mercenaries.