aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610242 times)

Offline alexander steel wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N1 29-Apr-2022 Every Day Is Caturday
« Reply #8610 on: October 05, 2022, 04:12:49 pm »
Regards, Dioxine and x piratez team

I just finished x-piratez (although I have a lot left to complete), and I would like to share my impressions:

I'm going to be frank: When I saw the aesthetics and dynamics that the mod apparently had, I thought that this was going to be a "pastiche" of some frustrated amateur geek. It seemed that I was going to find a "feminist" x-com, with "otaku" elements out of the question and that it would be an insult to the legacy of x-com.

Fortunately, for me, I decided to continue seeing that it was a cult mod and... I loved it!

To define x piratez in its full dimension would be to define the affection, dedication and talent of a unique vision of the x-com universe itself. It's a combination of a variety of influences so motley and seemingly incompatible that, in a way I can barely comprehend, they fit together seamlessly to the point of practically being a new game (and not a mod, as it actually is).

It is not simply the idealized x com that is part of the collective imagination of the average player, it is the vision of someone who has been able to capture a unique work of its kind, where solemnity, irreverence and absurdity form a single narrative and playable entity. So different and so respectful of the original. X piratez is, in short, x piratez and nothing more (or nothing less).

In conclusion: I can say, without fear of being wrong, that it is currently the best mod for open xcom (yes, it is a dense and very long experience).

Right now I don't feel capable of breaking down things to improve point by point (I'm still recovering). But I would like to repeat and observe the details more thoroughly.

However, there are things that I would like to see in the future (hopefully this will not be the last version):

1º I have nothing against ninjas (I like them to be a challenge), but I wish they didn't raise their bases like rabbits. Maybe some of those bases could be invaded by zombies, or other factions could also do them instead (there is a variety, of course)

2º I have read the post about future plans and I agree that the early game should be a bit longer and that there should also be an arena event.Moreover, there could be a, shall we say, "barbarian" arena, where only primitive weapons could be used. And then another arena that allowed for arena-specific gear (like when you're facing doctor x)

3ºAnd above all, hopefully one day there will be the possibility of taking a path where you are really the bad guy. Ok, you have slaves and all that, but deep down you're an antihero. In this mod you must first of all be a pirate, and although the default path of being an antihero seems fine to me, I would love for you to be a true motherfu...

Being able to do something like in fallout 2, when you did the quests for the slavers and even had to capture children. I would love to see that kind of rawness!

And that's it, I'll keep an eye out for possible future updates. Thanks for everything!

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: October 08, 2022, 12:32:01 am »
Any idea when next version is gonna drop? :D

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: October 08, 2022, 01:28:12 am »
Encountered "surprise" room in UAC vaults. Devs, I love you! (even more than before)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8613 on: October 08, 2022, 03:40:27 pm »
Any idea when next version is gonna drop? :D

According to the Piratez server on Matrix, hopefully within a week!

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: October 09, 2022, 03:05:57 pm »
Sweet! Any links to the matrix forum?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website

Offline alexander steel wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: October 09, 2022, 09:17:51 pm »
I've tried to use Matrix, but I haven't been able to figure it out (I'm a computer buff), because the messages are encrypted or something. Could someone explain to me how to use it?

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: October 09, 2022, 11:38:01 pm »
you won't see older messages if that's what's throwing you off.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8618 on: October 12, 2022, 11:55:25 pm »
Some sneak peek into national armies' units that I'm working on now.

Offline ROFLChicken

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: October 13, 2022, 05:30:20 am »
Please. The patch. I need it.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: October 13, 2022, 04:46:29 pm »
Some sneak peek into national armies' units that I'm working on now.

I'm busy with an Xcomfiles campaign at the the moment, but I can see it getting sidelined for a new X-Piratez game in the near future!

Question, are these enemies or allies?

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: October 13, 2022, 11:52:13 pm »
Nice Stuff keep up the good work dixoine, will it require a new game for missions?

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: October 14, 2022, 02:40:38 am »
perhaps recruitable units (auxiliaries?) available in Male Touch route?

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: October 14, 2022, 08:09:33 am »
My guess is they will gradually replace generic govt ships with generic govt agents. They currently seem somewhat out of place lorewize, considering vast diversity of local governments.
Psyentific, do you not have enough recruitables?  ;D
As for allies option, seems unlikely in generic missions, feels like a ton of work to add them in, say, terror missions. Maaybe friends in government ninja mission can be given some variation relatively easy. In new missions - options are endless  :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N2 Apocalyptic Edition 22-Oct-2022
« Reply #8624 on: October 22, 2022, 02:34:57 pm »
New version up! (See first post for dl link & changelog, as usual).
Enjoy! Hopefully it will take your mind off the impeding nuclear apocalypse :3