Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612745 times)

Offline Warface

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N1 29-Apr-2022 Every Day Is Caturday
« Reply #8550 on: August 07, 2022, 02:07:33 am »
Now I see that I was just missing the canteens to recruit her.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: August 08, 2022, 02:35:07 pm »
Yup, I love the catgirls in the latest version. Great scouts, especially at night.

Offline Vengos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: August 08, 2022, 08:02:22 pm »
Yup, I love the catgirls in the latest version. Great scouts, especially at night.
From what i saw, catgirls are pretty much better than ubers in everything except health and strength

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: August 09, 2022, 10:03:52 am »
And energy, catgirls always lack energy.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #8554 on: August 09, 2022, 07:13:57 pm »
Chiming in late to the "The Harvester is OP" chain of discussion.

One other point to make here:  Yes, you can load 20 Uber Gals onto this craft and have overwhelming battlefield dominance.  But running 20 gals has the same built-in governance that Save Scumming does... it gets tedious really fast.  Personally, I find controlling 8-10 units about right, and more than a dozen too much.  Low initial Peasant abilities beg for more numbers to be effective, and in this the Harvester is on target. However, for me, pushing 20 troops around each turn requires a level of patience that I don't want.
I use my Harvester not to run 20 Ubers, but to get early 2x2 units to the battle.  This is the true strength of the Harvester imo.  Turian with early Hyenas and Harvester?  Sure, super strong.  Later, I run with 3-4 armored cars.  This also trims the troop count down significantly.

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: August 10, 2022, 12:04:33 am »
Hello. Today I would like to complain about how overpowered HARVESTER is.
(...)
Secondly, camping in this craft is too easy because no windows.
And lastly, you can block lifts so melee enemies can never reach you.

Since HARVESTER is not military craft originally it may have fair amount of windows, stairs and ramps I presume.

Offline Ttaogaming

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: August 12, 2022, 04:02:57 am »
I have been trying to get XPiratez to work on android for a few weeks now and I just can't seem to do it.
Downloaded the OXCE android current build (v2022-07-15), downloaded n1.1 and moved mods folder over into the android openxcom mods folder but now luck. Downloaded (v2022-02-07) which I read "OXCE Upgrade to 7.5.3 7-Feb-2022" in the patch notes for v.M5 24-Mar-2022 The Five Captains. and I was able to select xPiratez in the mods dropdown but then when starting the game I sent to the initial setup screen where I would choose where ufo defense files and tftd files are and then I would click save&restart but it wouldn't launch the game and keep me on the that initial setup screen.
Tried clicking on all the boxes to save stuff to cache and I have gotten the the following error screen.
OpenXcom Extended Error VFS::map_common(): failed to map 'common'

I have gotten xcom files and other mods to work and I really enjoy it on Android, and I have played a little bit of XPiratez on PC but can't seem to get it to work on Android. Any help is appreciated. Running Android version 11, on Oneplus 6T. The reason I don't play on PC more is that I have to travel and only have my phone with me for stretches of time.

Offline Garr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: August 12, 2022, 11:09:53 am »
Downloaded the OXCE android current build (v2022-07-15), downloaded n1.1 and moved mods folder over into the android openxcom mods folder but now luck. Downloaded (v2022-02-07) which I read "OXCE Upgrade to 7.5.3 7-Feb-2022" in the patch notes for v.M5 24-Mar-2022 The Five Captains.

I think you did too much work here. You installed "OXCE Upgrade" from 7th of February on the version from 15th of July. I personally used my old updated OXCE from before the v2022-07-15 (should probably work on that version as well) and moved the mod folder from the archive to the mods folder in the OXCE location. That made it work for me perfectly.

Offline firebrandtoluc

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: August 13, 2022, 07:03:06 am »
For at least five years now, every time I come back to pick up Xcom again, I check in here and always find a whole new experience waiting for me. Outstanding effort. So, until next year... Thank you.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: August 16, 2022, 04:06:01 pm »
What is in the works currently,im interested to see what is up next.

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
  • Work hard and play hard lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: August 16, 2022, 06:01:46 pm »
For at least five years now, every time I come back to pick up Xcom again, I check in here and always find a whole new experience waiting for me. Outstanding effort. So, until next year... Thank you.
Agreed- I remember spending weeks to play XPZ fun and time eater lol

Offline Warface

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: August 20, 2022, 11:49:50 am »
Is there any point to developing this base? That's a Star God base right next to it. It looks like I won't even be able to launch a craft without being gang banged by fighters I can't possibly fight for many months. I already have those ninja bases to farm deal with. I know, I know, just let it sit until I'm ready to take it on. Nope, can't even launch a craft. So now I have to move the whole base?

First thought upon entering the base: Are you fucking serious?  >:( Should there really be Star Gods this early? A base? You know, with Sectopods? There's nothing even close to being able to fight them for several more months. My best battlescape weapons are hand cannons, boarding guns, RPGs, etc. CAWS, LC maybe. I guess trying to get M-Lasers before Mutant Alliance was a bad idea? Are 18 brainers too few? How soon should I have started my second base? It sure does take a long time to figure out you're screwing yourself.

For reference, there are at least 8 other bases on the map. That's #5. I checked #8 and it's Mercs, which are also beyond my firepower. My biggest catch so far was a freighter, and that was accomplished with a lot of RPGs. For further reference, I've only seen one church matron so far, and I kill everything that can't shoot me down. Davy Jones.

Let me be clear: If this wasn't a fantastic mod, I wouldn't have this much to say about it because I wouldn't have played it thus far. There are some things that just seem over the top, usually as a confluence of factors including RNG. I'm doing well overall, I think, but that base seems to be boned. I'm sorry that I've only logged on during these moments of dissonance. I'd love to see a more current playthrough similar to Starving Poet's that includes interceptors and missile strikes (I've disabled missile strikes for now because reasons).

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: August 20, 2022, 01:05:03 pm »
You're not in radar range of that base - you can launch the craft. Just gotta move around it.

Star Gods this early? You're 18 months into the game, that's already time for end-game, time to go to Mars~ Btw, the earliest Star Gods base can be 8 months into the game.

Alliance Favors is the most important prize you can get for alliance tokens, yes. Because Library allows you to tech up.
18 brainers is normal for early game until you get more bases.
Your second base should be started once your first base has 3x Extractor. If you play well, that should be about 2 months into the game. Yes, in march.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8563 on: August 20, 2022, 01:26:38 pm »
Star Gods this early? You're 18 months into the game, that's already time for end-game, time to go to Mars~ Btw, the earliest Star Gods base can be 8 months into the game.

I really need to point out that being 18 months in the game is not "time to go to Mars". It's barely midgame.

Still, this base doesn't seem like an actual problem, just make sure to not rattle the cage.

Offline Warface

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: August 20, 2022, 10:45:28 pm »
Star Gods this early? You're 18 months into the game, that's already time for end-game, time to go to Mars~

This isn't even close to true. It's absolutely false.

Your second base should be started once your first base has 3x Extractor. If you play well, that should be about 2 months into the game. Yes, in march.

This isn't physically possible. The game doesn't even produce enough cash or traffic by March. You start with ~100000. You're telling me I should have a few million by March? Show me a playthrough.

Still, this base doesn't seem like an actual problem, just make sure to not rattle the cage.

Am I correct to assume that I won't be attacked when returning from missions? I don't have much control over whether I "rattle the cage."

Also, does this make crackdowns more likely?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 10:57:58 pm by Warface »