Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610987 times)

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N1 29-Apr-2022 Every Day Is Caturday
« Reply #8490 on: July 01, 2022, 09:27:25 am »
So how does hp damage work after battle?
Let's say 1 hand gets hit by 10 HP damage, but gets healed for 5 HP. After the mission does it get a hit for 10 HP damage or 5 HP damage?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 04:17:17 pm by Apocca »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: July 01, 2022, 11:06:33 am »
5 hp.

If you fully heal back during a mission, you get no recovery time.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N1 29-Apr-2022 Every Day Is Caturday
« Reply #8492 on: July 01, 2022, 04:19:48 pm »
Interesting. At the end of the mission I always click yes for "there are still x injured, do you want to finish the mission?". So it's better to manually heal and then use the "lift off / exit" button?

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: July 01, 2022, 05:11:46 pm »
Yes. The more you bleed, the easier it is to reduce recovery time.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: July 01, 2022, 10:58:51 pm »
Also using any kind of medkit is passive bravery training. Bandages, kits, basically anything with an HP heal (not vodka, for instance). You really ought to be carrying bandages on all your gals and using them whenever you can, even on downed enemies you weren't planning to capture.

In other news, I just beat my first Ninja Raid and Hideout of this update and I've learned some things. Seems like a lot of people have been having trouble with the 14mm turrets on the ninja crawlers and the walls of their hideout. Which is understandable. They've got really good armor for the point at the game at which they show up, and a tendency to waste a gal instantly on reaction fire if you so much as accidentally hit them. Dedicated anti-armor weapons tend to be TU hungry to fire accurately, and since almost nothing you have will kill the turret in one shot, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose a gal to reaction fire unless you can break line of sight with smoke or use an indirect fire weapon like a mortar.

I've heard a lot of people swearing by mortars, but I got my first ninja raid pretty early and didn't have a reliable source for mortar rounds. I spent the five rounds I'd gotten from gambling to no noticeable effect. Well, I can't help but notice that Dioxine has a habit of putting the tools you need to solve a problem on the mission itself. Once you clear the ninjas using standard peekaboo tactics and grenades, you can get inside the crawler itself. The skyforge laborers have a habit of carrying fusion torches, which you can use to melt through the floor directly under the turret. Now, I really do mean directly under, if you melt an adjacent tile, it will still be able to shoot you. From there, it's just a matter of rustling up a few more clips for the torch or just getting a gal with a hammer to beat the shit out of it from underneath. There's almost nothing in this mod that a sufficiently buff gal with a hammer can't kill.

However, that method was a little convoluted, and basically forced me to kill everything on the map before cleaning up the turret. The real solution has been staring us in the face the whole time.

AoE damage to take advantage of the 2x2 profile, the ability to always deal at least some damage through armor, relatively cheap autofire and reaction disrupt to keep you from getting wasted in retaliation.

Gentlemen, I am talking about flamethrowers.

A gal with a flamethrower can kill a 14mm turret in less than a single tank. Two turns. Plus the arcing shots mean you can do some really janky trickshots. Ctrl-click midair and the shot is bound to come down somewhere. The best part about it is that skyforge laborers also tend to carry flamethrowers. The tools to solve a problem are almost always present on the mission itself.

We were so preoccupied with high-tech solutions that we forgot a fundamental truth:

Ninjas cannot get you if they are on fire.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: July 02, 2022, 04:35:23 am »
What's more, Flamethrower accuracy scales with Bravery. You only want the ballsychestiest gals for taking on Ninja Turrets with a flammenwerfer.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: July 02, 2022, 09:07:39 am »
Also using any kind of medkit is passive bravery training. Bandages, kits, basically anything with an HP heal (not vodka, for instance). You really ought to be carrying bandages on all your gals and using them whenever you can, even on downed enemies you weren't planning to capture.

In other news, I just beat my first Ninja Raid and Hideout of this update and I've learned some things. Seems like a lot of people have been having trouble with the 14mm turrets on the ninja crawlers and the walls of their hideout. Which is understandable. They've got really good armor for the point at the game at which they show up, and a tendency to waste a gal instantly on reaction fire if you so much as accidentally hit them. Dedicated anti-armor weapons tend to be TU hungry to fire accurately, and since almost nothing you have will kill the turret in one shot, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose a gal to reaction fire unless you can break line of sight with smoke or use an indirect fire weapon like a mortar.

I've heard a lot of people swearing by mortars, but I got my first ninja raid pretty early and didn't have a reliable source for mortar rounds. I spent the five rounds I'd gotten from gambling to no noticeable effect. Well, I can't help but notice that Dioxine has a habit of putting the tools you need to solve a problem on the mission itself. Once you clear the ninjas using standard peekaboo tactics and grenades, you can get inside the crawler itself. The skyforge laborers have a habit of carrying fusion torches, which you can use to melt through the floor directly under the turret. Now, I really do mean directly under, if you melt an adjacent tile, it will still be able to shoot you. From there, it's just a matter of rustling up a few more clips for the torch or just getting a gal with a hammer to beat the shit out of it from underneath. There's almost nothing in this mod that a sufficiently buff gal with a hammer can't kill.

However, that method was a little convoluted, and basically forced me to kill everything on the map before cleaning up the turret. The real solution has been staring us in the face the whole time.

AoE damage to take advantage of the 2x2 profile, the ability to always deal at least some damage through armor, relatively cheap autofire and reaction disrupt to keep you from getting wasted in retaliation.

Gentlemen, I am talking about flamethrowers.

A gal with a flamethrower can kill a 14mm turret in less than a single tank. Two turns. Plus the arcing shots mean you can do some really janky trickshots. Ctrl-click midair and the shot is bound to come down somewhere. The best part about it is that skyforge laborers also tend to carry flamethrowers. The tools to solve a problem are almost always present on the mission itself.

We were so preoccupied with high-tech solutions that we forgot a fundamental truth:

Ninjas cannot get you if they are on fire.

Tried the melt the floor under tactic. Tried the left corner of the turret. didn't work, the turret reacted and killed my gal.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: July 02, 2022, 07:51:12 pm »
The turret sits on a 2x2 square pillar. Stand adjacent to that pillar and aim up at the turret. The autofire from a fusion torch will cut the wall of the pillar and then the ceiling on top of it. Don't stand directly under the hole, but next to it.

Like this:

G_=
   ==

The turret can shoot straight down through that hole, but not at an adjacent tile.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: July 04, 2022, 10:20:53 am »
I just throw satchel charges at the 14mm guns.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: July 06, 2022, 10:11:11 am »
That cannonball o'acid is also nice if you have a spot out of sight of the 14mm guns.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: July 13, 2022, 11:23:31 pm »
By the way, I'd just like to point out that I predicted catgirl soldiers literally years ago and ya'll laughed at me.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8501 on: July 14, 2022, 12:10:18 pm »
By the way, I'd just like to point out that I predicted catgirl soldiers literally years ago and ya'll laughed at me.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, and then a madlad squad cranks out dozens of armours, weapons and lore.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: July 15, 2022, 07:57:36 pm »
i for one welcome our catgirl overlords

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: July 16, 2022, 06:07:00 pm »
Something which may or may not be an exploit, I'll leave it up to individuals whether they want to use this. Ever get frustrated about ending a mission with a lot of prisoners you want and not enough prison space to imprison them? Surely you don't need space to hold them long term if you're just going to rob, enslave or recruit them, right?

Well, the geoscape autosave that triggers at the end of a mission actually triggers *before* the screen telling you that your prison is full. So, while you might be forced to ransom some of them just to get back to the geoscape, you can reload the <auto geoscape> save and have them still in your prison, but your prison will be over capacity. Quickly go into your hideout manufacturing tab and start work bills to process them. Each time you start a manufacturing bill, the materials for the first item (in this case, people) are consumed, meaning they no longer take up space. In this way you can put people in holding patterns in your workshop to free up space to shuffle prisoners around.

Remember that each bill only frees up enough materials for the first batch, so one person. However, since most bills involving prisoners are refundable, you can set up Rob, Recruit or Work bills to hold prisoners that you might intend to enslave. You'll free up one prison slot for each bill you queue.

Is this an exploit? Immersion breaking? Well, at the end of the day, this is a single player game we all play for fun (hopefully), so what matters is how you feel about it.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: July 18, 2022, 01:50:51 am »
February 2601 RNG on my side campaign. Got four old world weapons crates from a random event and opened them to find this.

I am in awe.