Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609774 times)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - M2 28-Sep-2021 Shadow Robots and Immortal Amazons
« Reply #8220 on: October 03, 2021, 11:48:56 pm »
I think that the chance of gals not wearing their armors should depend on the type of attack. Because if you spot an enemy craft before it attacks your base, you should, in theory, have plenty of time to sound the alarm and for everyone to get ready. In other words, if the enemy craft takes 2h to reach your base, it doesn't make logical sense that you would be caught by surprise and your gals not be fully equipped.

Offline termidor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: October 04, 2021, 02:06:22 am »
I'm goingo to rant a little but the sky ninjas mechanics are a complete bummer... got a game in the previous version where despite getting crap ton score from missions plus research I still got -1500 socre at the end of the month... with seven ninja outposts (I hope the number is a bug)  continously spamming ships in my area. Honestly this is plain and simple bad game desing, as the player can do nothing against it early on and it 's just pure RNG. If the player do bad or you have a month with low activity, then yes you should get negative score, but it is frankly absurd that a good month get ruined due to forces completly outside of player control, that is simply bad game desing. I really don't think that having the bases pop up early on add anything meaningful to the game except exta frustation, and considering the amount of hours that needs to be invested on just one campaing, it is really frustating to have it that way.

I've attached the  7 bases positions ( there are two more in the philipines + an alien base in South Africa ) as well as the relevant charts. In october I had -500 score which was perfectly fine: I had few missions, and I could only intercept some civilians ships november and december however, despite having very similar scores (and in december I did more research so I imagine it was bigger) the score differrence was of 4000 to -1500 due to the activity in asia that was completly under radar coverage. ANd just to be clear, I was intercepting everything that I could intercept and in general I have  been very succesfull in the campaing, specially as it has been my first campaing with no battle save-scumming. It is just so frustating that  after so many missions I just got hit with such a big negative score.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: October 04, 2021, 03:51:53 pm »
Assemble Your Own Aircraft!

Modular interceptor idea.

+ Crafts have a "soldier-inventory".  The main Ufopaedia craft art may be the background / in place of the "paperdoll".

+ The "hands" slot here means  weapon ports. We can put guns there and fill them with various ammo if needed or we can put a pack of rockets there 

+ "backpack" / "legs" / "belt" areas are replaced with
Tech Expansion Ports: there we can put shields, extra armor plating, stealth coating / radar absorbing-diffusing paints and various Laser Booster Packs, which are extra one-shot / two-shot energy batteries allowing stronger laser fire (just like when a race car receives a nitro boost)

+ STC slots are shown as well, where by hand we can put various tech from a selection, which is displayed via the "armor-selection" window.  Or we can drag & drop everything into the slots from the bottom item window showing airplane parts sprites.

Aircraft Rotary Guns / Swarm rockets could receive various  ammo upgrades, where the bullets are laced with Hellerium / Molecular Acid / Depleted Uranium / Warp Energy [laced ammo] acting as Anti-Matter when it hits enemy ships

Mind-EMP Ammo / Brainwave-Neutralizer: There could be a new aircraft weapon, which randomly or by a % bypasses armor / shields and doesn't damage enemy ship hulls or shields, but completely disables enemy pilots by freezing their brainwaves / flattens their nerve-signal activity. As a result of using such a weapon, the enemy ship crashes, but largely remains intact (no weapon damage received). But the crew will be in a mental state of having been severely dazed / stunned / zapped / brainwave-nullified (placed into Temporary Coma). One or two survivor barely conscious if the game needs a live alien to keep the Battlescape going. So they'll need couple turns to become somewhat fight capable.   Droids / Guard Robots / Terminators are immune to such Brainwave Nullifying guns.
(Weapon type: disabling enemy pilots)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 04:03:24 pm by mercy »

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: October 04, 2021, 05:38:07 pm »
Termidor, these outposts aren't full fledged alien bases (as Dioxine pointed out, every faction gets a custom base layout), Hunting party (8 gals, immune to detection) is enough to take the smallest ones out. At the start you need to blow up a small turret or two, then use a hammer to break the outer wall, and then simply shoot inhabitants since most of them are melee. The only trouble is high caliber turrets, but ninjas drop EM grenades which oneshot them.

If you aren't sure that you can, with them being so close together you could build a base inside their range with 2 hangars, trigger interceptors with a random craft and land, wait until they return home, and send a proper invasion party during interception cooldown. Since every base gives millions in loot, it will be worth it to build a base just to abandon it later.

alternatively-alternatively, your codex craft most likely would be able to reach the base before being spotted, and returning from mission crafts are damage immune.

For t2 and t3 outposts you could bring a bunch of mortars from crazy Hannah and burn them down from afar.

Offline termidor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: October 04, 2021, 07:36:07 pm »
Termidor, these outposts aren't full fledged alien bases (as Dioxine pointed out, every faction gets a custom base layout), Hunting party (8 gals, immune to detection) is enough to take the smallest ones out. At the start you need to blow up a small turret or two, then use a hammer to break the outer wall, and then simply shoot inhabitants since most of them are melee. The only trouble is high caliber turrets, but ninjas drop EM grenades which oneshot them.

If you aren't sure that you can, with them being so close together you could build a base inside their range with 2 hangars, trigger interceptors with a random craft and land, wait until they return home, and send a proper invasion party during interception cooldown. Since every base gives millions in loot, it will be worth it to build a base just to abandon it later.

alternatively-alternatively, your codex craft most likely would be able to reach the base before being spotted, and returning from mission crafts are damage immune.

For t2 and t3 outposts you could bring a bunch of mortars from crazy Hannah and burn them down from afar.
Hahaha codex craft that's a good one considering my tech level. And yes, I could just force my way by save-scumming like crazy because getting spammned in front of the turrets is a dead sentence. Would give it a try regardless, but still I think the ninja outpost design isn't good for gameplay.

Edit:Just tried, get spawned in front of the two 14mm turrets  :-X Honestly at the very least the bases should be tied with game progrression..is absurd to try to take then down with tac vests and RPG .
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:15:56 pm by termidor »

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: October 04, 2021, 11:31:47 pm »
Well, I'm judging by my own experience with the same version, and one year in I had codex craft, chainmails with shields, and gear from ninja hideout assaults. I survived 4 by the end of the first year, and it gave me tons of Kustom SMGs (44 damage + 0.1 bravery), synthmuscle suits (rob the ninja medic) and EMP grenades. You can preprime multiple EMP during mission loadout, so you can throw them without moving.
I had 4 alien bases in april, merc, 2 ninjas, guild, and ninja base spawned with the radar covering my base. It was painful :/

Offline termidor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: October 05, 2021, 02:34:08 am »
Yes I have had chainmail for some months but Codex craft requires some Rng  with drops and research as pretty  much everything  in game...if you don't  have Emp grenades and get impossible spawns you will be force to leave and take extra negative score. I don't  dislike difficult  missions, and I think some like mansion assult should be made harder to clear,  but I believe that a game to be fun needs to have a struggle  but give a reward for it... but I honestly  think the sky ninjas are on the frustrating end of the scale.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8227 on: October 05, 2021, 04:13:36 pm »
I think that the chance of gals not wearing their armors should depend on the type of attack.

And you know it cannot.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: October 08, 2021, 01:03:16 am »
Super Mega Music Pack
Thanks to Dioxine and Meridian I made this into a proper mod.

Fully compatible with:
- VDBomber's Music Pack for XPiratez

Description:
170 new named music tracks for X-Piratez, The X-Com Files and similar mods. Hand picked epic score from the best composers. Jukebox shows unique names for all Battlescape and Geoscape soundtracks.

Download links:

1. https://www.moddb.com/mods/x-piratez/downloads/super-mega-music-pack1

2. https://openxcom.mod.io/super-mega-music-pack

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: October 08, 2021, 01:05:32 pm »
When the next update?)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: October 11, 2021, 05:14:09 pm »
When the next update?)

Everytime someone asks, 1 extra month will be added to the release-date.

Just enjoy this great mod.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: October 12, 2021, 01:35:08 am »
Possessed Lobsterman has empty inventory. Should have natural weapons: CLAW ATTACK.
Currently I can only walk with it..

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: October 12, 2021, 02:26:11 am »
Possessed Lobsterman has empty inventory. Should have natural weapons: CLAW ATTACK.
Currently I can only walk with it..

This is expected behavior since the claw attack is a "special" slot weapon. Works the same for all units, ally or enemy, anything in the special powers slot is not accessible under MC.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8233 on: October 12, 2021, 05:43:10 am »
Super Mega Music Pack
Thanks to Dioxine and Meridian I made this into a proper mod.

Fully compatible with:
- VDBomber's Music Pack for XPiratez

Description:
Download links:

1. https://www.moddb.com/mods/x-piratez/downloads/super-mega-music-pack1

2. https://openxcom.mod.io/super-mega-music-pack

Please stop posting it on the main X-Piratez site on ModDB without my consent. I deleted it.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: October 12, 2021, 01:21:00 pm »
Please stop posting it on the main X-Piratez site on ModDB without my consent. I deleted it.
I was under the impression I'm enhancing the game experience by slaving away hours on this mod to name the soundtracks and uploading. You showed me VDBombers mod, how to do it on moddb, even saying "Don't embarrass yourself." 
So I tried. :D :D