Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610557 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L10 18-Jul-2021 Old Earth Blues
« Reply #8160 on: August 27, 2021, 10:36:56 am »
"Article Item"-screen recolor.
+ Subdued bright background graphics, so it doesn't strain the eyes.
+ Reformatted parts: moved borders out of the way of text and ammo, items, etc..
+ Easier to read text color  selected
Install:
Spoiler:
Back up first this file:
..\XPiratez\user\mods\Piratez\Resources\Backgrounds\EQP_Brown2X4.gif
Then replace it with the attached GIF.

New colors for the button and text:
In this file:
..\XPiratez\user\mods\Piratez\Ruleset\Piratez.rul
look for the bolded text  to find this section
Only the underlined numbers need to be changed.

New palette cannot be activated:

Unfortunately the engine doesn't react to / detects new palette definition:  (probably some kind of palette limit reached / buffer full etc..)

I took care to only try to select palettes, which are defined in Recolr.rul. But it doesn't work. :(

This text color and its palette for example would be excellent for the article item screen:

Yes please, consider another palette for eye relief? As of now we are at the 0.99L10 verison i think it might be safe to say that the game is half way complete? I mean the L letter is in the middle of the latin alphabet...

Sidenote: Matrons, Church warmaiden and other faction trrops shoul not carry a illhook, it's more an "amateur" thing, pheraphs i wish only bandits and minor characters will wield it...how about to replace it with a military knife rambo alike? Google about it...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - M1 29-Aug-2021 Violent Laser Battle (...)
« Reply #8161 on: August 29, 2021, 11:51:57 am »
New version up! Enjoy the double size of the update! 4 completely new terrains, and easily over TWENTY new missions! And of course gradual improvements added to much of old content.

Offline Aoi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: August 30, 2021, 06:16:55 am »
- Difficulty coefficients changed (removed armor&aim buff on JS, more stats and sell prices impact to compensate)

Not too aware of what the difficulty settings impacted beforehand, but... is that John Silver or Jack Sparrow?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8163 on: August 30, 2021, 10:54:07 am »
Not too aware of what the difficulty settings impacted beforehand, but... is that John Silver or Jack Sparrow?

Jack Sparrow.

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: August 30, 2021, 08:31:53 pm »
Aw sweet! Was getting rng blocked for cydonia codes in last version. Gonna start a new game then.

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: August 31, 2021, 01:00:01 am »
Damn, my 4th restart now, and I have still not managed to get further than early mid-game. I'll never finish a game this way  ;D

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: August 31, 2021, 02:00:53 am »
Started new game. Ninja outpost spawned near to my first base so close, their defenses attack ANY vessel, coming from my base.
Deal with them by walking to it, but it was reaaally tough battle - I just invented chainmail and M-lasers. Yep, the hardest difficulty.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: August 31, 2021, 02:20:25 pm »
That is a hell lot of other bases around.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: August 31, 2021, 11:30:35 pm »
There is no way to capture the Sky Ninjas Fortress? After shooting it to bits couple times, I figured I would wait for a landing with keeping one of my crafts near it. But unfortunately it just disappears from radar just over the city of Thebes.
All other ships give a nice landing warning and go green on the ground.  I have sent my Spy Zeppelin above the site, where they pulled off their 'Sky Ninja Disappear Act' to maybe discover their base later somehow? Is this the intended way to go after them?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 01:39:31 am by mercy »

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: September 01, 2021, 02:29:33 pm »
I can't deal with negative score. I'm playing at difficulty 3. In April Sky ninjas make an airfield and suck all the points I make. How do you deal with this? The only way to attack them at this point is hunting party with 8 gals, absolute crap weapons and warrior armor at best. What is the intended way of dealing with this?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: September 02, 2021, 12:11:55 am »
There is no way to capture the Sky Ninjas Fortress? After shooting it to bits couple times, I figured I would wait for a landing with keeping one of my crafts near it. But unfortunately it just disappears from radar just over the city of Thebes.
All other ships give a nice landing warning and go green on the ground.  I have sent my Spy Zeppelin above the site, where they pulled off their 'Sky Ninja Disappear Act' to maybe discover their base later somehow? Is this the intended way to go after them?
The craft vanishes when it completes it's wave timer, and the base will appear somewhere in the same world region, like North Africa for example. It's not possible in code to get it to go poof exactly where the base spawns, since this bit of stage magic is using separate mechanisms.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: September 02, 2021, 05:02:15 am »
The craft vanishes when it completes it's wave timer, and the base will appear somewhere in the same world region, like North Africa for example. It's not possible in code to get it to go poof exactly where the base spawns, since this bit of stage magic is using separate mechanisms.
Exactly this happened. Out of nowhere, couple hundred miles away, in the same region, ninja craft started attacking my planes. Then after couple such skirmishes I re-directed my spy Zeppelin to same area. Not so long after their base was spotted right beside my Zeppelin. It just shot down a Ninja Seeking Craft.  Okay, tomorrow I'm going to pay their base a visit with a large 55+ party on my favorite, modded Thunderhorse.
I like waging large-scale wars on superhuman, but no ironman to prevent stress: We get that way too much IRL via global situ lately..

New patches out? WTH? I was cleaning my email account and noticed a message from the creator via Disqus that there are bugfix updates? Never ever knew about these.. :D  v.M1.5 already...   vs. the forum first page v.M1 indication. Have to re-insert all my edits again..:)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 10:47:01 am by mercy »

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: September 02, 2021, 12:25:13 pm »
New patches out? WTH? I was cleaning my email account and noticed a message from the creator via Disqus that there are bugfix updates? Never ever knew about these.. :D  v.M1.5 already...   vs. the forum first page v.M1 indication. Have to re-insert all my edits again..:)

Can this be applied to existing M1 game?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: September 02, 2021, 08:05:01 pm »
these fixes do not break existing saves, aside from the usual caveat of not patching on a battle scape save.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: September 02, 2021, 11:02:30 pm »
these fixes do not break existing saves, aside from the usual caveat of not patching on a battle scape save.

Only I found the ninja base and it got named differently in M1.  v.M1.5.1 has the new naming. I had to go into my save and do a search for
STR_ALIEN_BASE_
& replace it with
STR_ALIEN_BASE
Then the game loaded the M1 save on Geoscape.
Since there is no version indicator, I just checked the crowbar, it now only occupies 1x3 space in the inventory, as stated in v.M1.3.

That Ninja Base fight is amazing! Truly feels like storming a fortress with my 55 soldier army: 1 Sentry Gun Rocket station (which the ninjas quickly trash with rockets as the battle begins in the open), 2 Vulcan Mechs, 1 Machine gun Mech with grenade launcher, two sorcerers in Theban outfits with Cobra staffs, some heroes, and the gals in loader suits and juggernaut armors with advanced miniguns and rockets, two babes in hover suits,  baby nukes, firebombs, rocket launchers, high explosives. Blood Axe wielding girls in El Admiral de Corazon outfits, shredder thrower admirals with SWAT shields. Those ninjas still make mincemeat of the latter easily. :D   

We just spotted a shielded, hi-tech Assault Ninja.

I love these large scale massacres on superhuman.
I cannot think of any other game that makes such turn-based warfare possible allowing this amazing detail of interaction. +Dioxine's outstanding game design is easily on par with Fallout 1-2 and similar highly successful cult-classic titles.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 11:10:19 pm by mercy »