Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609543 times)

Offline Brittanicus

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L9 30-Apr-2021 Personal Attention
« Reply #8115 on: June 26, 2021, 03:49:47 pm »
Been watching Meridians playthrough on YT and i saw that he was able to move facilities around the base, is there a way to re enable this? If its okay for him to do on a video series then i don't see a problem with a private game, i get serious OCD about these locations too so i am deleting buildings only to place them somewhere else and its frankly tedious. 

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: June 28, 2021, 07:35:22 pm »
It was done by using CTRL to move facilities around but the feature was removed permanently because I guess it posed no gameplay challenge. I wasn't around back then to fully understand this decision but as a devoted OCD gamer I suffered greatly in its absence. To me there is little challenge in unnecessary delaying the inevitable which ends being optimally placed facilities. But like I said I don't fully understand and some grief is crucial to good gameplay I just don't like the source of it.

Besides functionality my hideouts simply must conform to some aesthetical design (research and leisure close to living which is clumped together, manufacture complex far away bcoz noise, radar in the centre, medical close to living/hangar/prison, storage close to manufacture, and so on lol...). With game constantly throwing new facilitates at you it was impossible to cope in satisfactory way. Just when you thought you placed everything perfectly another one messes up the order. Only in the very end game was I able to finally rest happily when the unknown became known. Couldn't stand to watch YT-ers gameplay videos where they place stuff on first available space, such hideous hideouts.

You aren't the first nor will be the last person to ask but the author is pretty adamant in the feature never again seeing the light of day. What you can do instead is change individual facility coordinates by editing save file. Coords are stored not long after individual hideout names and are relatively straight forward to edit. You gotta weight between immersion break or suffering hehe. I wasn't of the suffering type :)

I could also showcase you my endgame hideout types with screenshots (or savegame), to help you plan ahead if you wish. 2 research, 4 generic all-in-one, 2 factory/heavy production/income types. Pretty much min/max'd to perfection if I do say so myself. Spoils the living shit out of everything, including your own snese of accomplishment, but that's the price you gotta be willing to pay.

My suggestion would be to bring back the feature but locked behind mid-game techs. Some shadowrealm ability that lets you teleport matter through their dimension or something, for a price of course (hypno panels? millions? both?. Since the number of facilities only increased since then while hideouts dimensions remain forever fixed some kind of bone thrown in our direction defo wouldn't hurt.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: June 28, 2021, 10:36:14 pm »
Anyone heard from Dioxine?
profile says he hasn't been here since early May...
(did he get covid?)

Offline Brittanicus

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: June 28, 2021, 11:09:50 pm »
You aren't the first nor will be the last person to ask but the author is pretty adamant in the feature never again seeing the light of day. What you can do instead is change individual facility coordinates by editing save file. Coords are stored not long after individual hideout names and are relatively straight forward to edit. You gotta weight between immersion break or suffering hehe. I wasn't of the suffering type :)

I could also showcase you my endgame hideout types with screenshots (or savegame), to help you plan ahead if you wish. 2 research, 4 generic all-in-one, 2 factory/heavy production/income types. Pretty much min/max'd to perfection if I do say so myself. Spoils the living shit out of everything, including your own snese of accomplishment, but that's the price you gotta be willing to pay.

By author do you mean Meridian? Forgive my ignorance i don't really know of anybody else on the OXC team. In the process of my search for the existence of this feature i actually came across posts from him where he justified its continued inclusion in the face of accusations about it being unrealistic, talking about how other things in XCom are unrealistic too and he also doesn't have the patience to deal with base layout. Safe to say i completely agree with both you and him, so i am curious what changed.

Honestly i was mainly looking for a way to re enable like you would any other gameplay tweak in the options, its ultimately a subjective thing, but if the code has completely been stripped out then yeah please i would be interested in the save game editing for sure if you have the patience to explain, it has to be easier than the absolute waste of time i am going through right now in the fight for aesthetics in the face of an insurmountable number of facilities haha. Will have to graciously decline the screenshots of bases however, never reached the end game so wouldn't have a clue what they were and would like to avoid spoilers where possible.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 11:17:21 pm by Brittanicus »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: June 29, 2021, 12:16:29 am »
@RSSwizard
Check Discord, he came back from vacation recently and teases us with upcoming stuff. I gotta wrap up before new patch hits or I'll never leave this place...

@Brittanicus
I mean Dioxine. As far I gathered the code is present in OXCE but disabled for use in XPZ. Cannot be enabled by a simple user option. But it could go even further, meaning removed mechanically from XPZ so even if re-enabled it wouldn't be of any use. Best to make peace with the fact it's gone forever.

I'll send you detailed save edit instructions in PM as I don't wanna pollute the topic with that. It basically boils down to: open file, change few logical numbers, save changes, reload and continue. Gimme a few mins.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8120 on: June 29, 2021, 03:05:35 pm »
No, the facility tetris was removed from OXCE entirely by Meridian. It has nothing to do with what mod authors decide.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: June 29, 2021, 08:10:52 pm »
that's acceptable and I always try to plan well on facilities
but due to various screwups or not wanting to spend 2+ months ingame remodeling a base I will sometimes go in the save and alter the coordinates on a building or two. But it is very rare.
My solution is I make alot of use of security corridors. I dont really want anything in the basement sludge anyway during a raid. And when starting a new base I always put the Access Lift in the corner, usually a Hangar and Flak Cannon next to it. It'll be awhile before ill do anything with that base - but its more efficient on placement in the end.

Offline AlexKrinov

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: June 30, 2021, 04:23:00 pm »
Hello.

Please help ma a little, where I can get "quiver tarnian" in xpiratez? I researched longbow and all, what is needed to this type of arrors, but they are not added to reserch list... Or I need to find them in ground combat?

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: June 30, 2021, 10:35:24 pm »
Had this short but beautiful epic moment last night: my first and only Pink Desert farm map, with added bonus of equally epic old-skool Tristram music notes undertone. Pretty cool to stumble upon such a nice looking/sounding combo, when I long since thought I had already seen everything.
Like with the flying Tomatoes cluster months prior I was again taken aback and had to finish the playing session for the day. Let it finish on a high note!

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: June 30, 2021, 11:04:04 pm »
Never seen that purple map before. Is that some kind of night vision effect or special very rare map?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 11:06:31 pm by ZoA »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: June 30, 2021, 11:24:40 pm »
It's a regular day-time Bandit Town mission that happened to mix with Pink Desert environment (like Radiation but much rarer). No filters or anything. I'd guess Pink Desert has only 1% chance of occurring and to me only happened in jungle maps, and one time in that high Demon Tower, until now. Still haven't moved since yesterday coz I don't wanna ruin it.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: July 01, 2021, 03:43:41 am »
Had this short but beautiful epic moment last night: my first and only Pink Desert farm map

This is a Psychedelic mapset
its not pink desert
it imposes a psychadelic penalty that hits low bravery the hardest, its just like the Awesome Party map where you beat up like 20 mobs wearing a party dress.

One benefit, if any, is you get lots of Sectoweed.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: July 01, 2021, 04:50:28 am »
Yeah you are right, I even got Sectoweed. I just call everything psychedelic a Pink Desert coz that's where I first learned about it. I meant the same thing tho. Also, now that you've mentioned it, I've been getting it on Parties far more often than anywhere else.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: July 01, 2021, 03:38:18 pm »
Hello.

Please help ma a little, where I can get "quiver tarnian" in xpiratez? I researched longbow and all, what is needed to this type of arrors, but they are not added to reserch list... Or I need to find them in ground combat?

It is a researched item, the usual culprits for missing prerequisites are zombies and necropirates. To find out exactly what your missing press Q on geoscape to open the tech viewer and from the search the arrows and work the links back until you find you problem.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: July 02, 2021, 04:14:47 am »
Yeah you are right, I even got Sectoweed. I just call everything psychedelic a Pink Desert coz that's where I first learned about it.
Actually the Pink Desert is a completely different thing, and just has timed invisible explosives that go off doing (charm?) damage that knocks you out. And the NPCs too!!!!!
Psychedelic is a completely different thing, it imposes a Condition.
Whats really nasty are those dark forests with red and purple vines that fill with smoke, and some of them attack you.