Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612718 times)

Offline Retroactive

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L8 26-Mar-2021 One Way Ticket To Argentina
« Reply #8070 on: April 18, 2021, 08:18:13 am »
Yeah comparing it to higher tier gear was a mistake on my part  :P, but still that freshness drain is crazy high, several turns into a shot down terror ship and that gal was already at half maximum freshness.

I don't see how you can use rev on any extended operation without becoming a hardcore smoker (which cost lots of hitpoints) or spamming pillow books (high TU's and stun damage).

I just hope rev's upgrade (brute armor) doesn't have quite as much freshness drain.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: April 18, 2021, 11:37:43 am »
Don't get your hopes up too high. I went to Brute straight from Synthmuscle and suddenly freshness became a problem out of nowhere. Must be because of Combat Drugs component Revenant requires, and consequently its two derivative armors. You'll just have to adapt or use another armor. Later on Assault Marine is a great alternative with 40% less drain than Revenant+. You can also 'Nep' someone (Hands menu) for extra 15 freshness (100k per and requires at least rank Mistress). Cigs? Those are for weak minds, better use extra TU to finish in less turns and no HP toll. Plus a freed slot for Shock'a'Fist.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: April 19, 2021, 10:19:30 pm »
Regarding freshness:  You can actually kind of ignore freshness for any armor that has 4x appendage slots of 2 width.  Just equip 4 drug dispensors and boom, even though you're at 0 freshness almost instantly, all of the negative effects will cancel out except some very very minor TU damage which you won't even experience unless you use up almost all of your TUs.  Super hardcore gals with lots of condemnations get more TU loss, though, since the drug dispensors give a flat increase to TU recovery but freshness deals with TUs using percentages.

2x drug dispensors still has a lot of TU damage, but at least you'll be in happy land and won't berserk constantly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:25:07 pm by Greep »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: April 19, 2021, 11:29:37 pm »
An interesting idea, 4x dispensers gives you 50%+24 TUs, 30%+24 energy, and negates morale drain for most armor. I guess it would keep you effective for a slow gun-line crawl across the map. You have issues with what modes and % time costs you can still afford to use since you will only have about 74% or less TUs available.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: April 20, 2021, 02:35:08 am »
Well IIRC, the TU recovery loss from freshness doesn't cap your TUs, it's just how much you recover.  So if you have 50% of your TUs on a given turn for example, next turn you'll have 100%.  So you can have brief bursts of high activity for emergencies if you're careful.

There's also the possibility of just stuffing them in your backpacks until freshness hits a critical low point (or part 2 of cydonia to cheese the governors aura as well).  Beats the alternatives in any case.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: April 20, 2021, 03:01:24 am »
sure dosen't cap you off but it does make slow to fire guns like snipers and aimed rockets an every other turn thing which was my main point

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: April 20, 2021, 03:14:07 am »
It's an epically useful tip on rare occasions where freshness will likely get depleted anyway. For example: Mansion, Cruiser, Space Freighter, late stages of Winter Palace/Cydonia. In case the player is super-careful and plays slowly the usefulness becomes even greater. Of course it should be avoided with magic weapons but chances are wielders wear armor where drain isn't such an obstacle.
Well thanks for the tip Greep, I'll employ your tactic in Cydonia because it came too late for everywhere else :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: April 21, 2021, 04:39:08 am »
I dont think cydonia is really the best use case either, at least being the very last battle, i break out the hoard of nukes/blaster bombs/whatever else i have been saveing up. I don't think ive had anything but my zubrin trip last longer then 15 turns between both stages.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: April 22, 2021, 12:41:33 am »
Anyone figured out what the "Secret (x1)" L8 changelog weapon is - Stick Bomb, Warhammer, something else?
Implementation of previously unobtainable weapon as loot perhaps (Compact Carbine, Homing RPG)?

UPDATE
Spoiler:
The Black Falcon
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:14:42 am by Nilex »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: April 22, 2021, 01:08:52 am »
Took me all of 2 mins. If your interested it's part of the extension of the Dr.X arc and the mission to her former home.

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: April 24, 2021, 10:54:26 pm »
Oh yeah about that new Dr. X's mission! I Just finished that mission and have some fresh memories and emotions about it.

Spoiler:
It was kinda funny to run through that corridor of death where humanists just sit in those armored bunkers and shoot in you. And they have Heavy weapons. Very Heavy. First time I used my B-team consisted of peasants and slave soldiers and all they could do was just dying in some horrible ways like in Vietnam  :)

Then I restarted it with my A-team consisted of Gals in power armor... and it was kinda easier (our heavy lasers are op vs stupid stationary heavy weapons) but then in the second part of this mission they used some Warp guns and I found that this is kinda funny that some dirty soldier with warp shotgun can oneshot heavy armored uber gal...

And then I got after that mission new cool sword and married my new Waifu Dr. X. After marriage ceremony I wanted to spend some night time with my waifu but she looked at me with grin face and said most horrible words in this situation:

"TO BE CONTINUED..."

And I was like: "Nyoooooooooo!!!!! My Waifu!!!"

P.S. : Mr. Dioxine and his team made great job as they always do! Can't wait to see continuation of Dr. X's stories as
Spoiler:
Waifu and Knight. I think in knight's root we will make humanists good guys as they should be, maybe they will become something like, I don't know, Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave but good. Or not, who knows.

P.P.S. :
Spoiler:
Idea of marrying your own mother as uber gal is kinda... Wicked? But anyway I just want to see continuation of that cool crazy story about Pirate Queen married her own mother and how they gonna own the whole world! 

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L9 30-Apr-2021 Personal Attention
« Reply #8081 on: April 30, 2021, 10:21:00 pm »
New version up! Enjoy!

Offline GENVOKE

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: May 01, 2021, 03:20:56 am »
Hells yes  :-*

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: May 01, 2021, 10:48:21 am »
Nice timing! I just wanted to start new campaign on 3rd level of difficulty after I played it on 2nd!

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: May 01, 2021, 06:23:19 pm »
Y'all better make use of Personal Attention before it gets fixed ;D