aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609420 times)

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L5 30-Oct-2020 New Energy
« Reply #7920 on: October 31, 2020, 02:55:09 am »
From what i've seen (firefox on linux) it first downloads to some $TEMP location. When download is complete you can choose where to store the file.

If it locks up somewhere during that process one of the most likely causes is some AntiVirus interference.

Thanks.  I'll try it with my AV turned off and see how that goes.

Edit: That did it.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 03:28:30 am by Jimboman »

xcomfan

« Reply #7921 on: October 31, 2020, 03:47:26 pm »
An offer you can't refuse!

Edit: In L5 noticed - correct ne if im wrong research tine fir low end technologies have been somewhat cut down, it has more coherence since we're driving super mutant human beings alike with intelligence above average!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 10:43:43 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7922 on: November 01, 2020, 03:17:09 am »
An offer you can't refuse!

Edit: In L5 noticed - correct ne if im wrong research tine fir low end technologies have been somewhat cut down

You are wrong, research costs are generally untouched except for some stuff regarding hellerium craft.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: November 01, 2020, 10:53:45 am »
If a unit is unconscious, does the handcuffs breakout check still happen?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L5A2 01-Nov-2020 New Energy v2
« Reply #7924 on: November 01, 2020, 05:34:19 pm »
Bugfix/improvements update released.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: November 03, 2020, 03:55:41 am »
Some fine additions in L5. Scale Mail shield came as an urgent band-aid for my current pistol wielding crews. New Temple is pretty luxurious looking. Too bad the wall ornaments n stuff ain't part of the loot. New research sorting categories are very welcome indeed. Will help with purging the list of accumulated low-cost topics.
All mentioned I stumbled upon as welcomed surprise as I didn't bother to read the changelog much, expecting no changes in my current early progress stage. So well done!

Btw few words about the music and sounds: top quality stuff. Personally, OG Starcraft was the last perfect sounding game. XPz awoken the long dormant audiophile. Music is fitting and joyful, and SFX finally portrays weapons that pack a punch. Not just weapons but mass enemy panic is hilarious. Having fun trying to remember where I heard all them sounds before. I just thought to mention this often overlooked but hugely important audio aspect in games.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7926 on: November 03, 2020, 03:39:34 pm »
Btw few words about the music and sounds: top quality stuff. Personally, OG Starcraft was the last perfect sounding game. XPz awoken the long dormant audiophile. Music is fitting and joyful, and SFX finally portrays weapons that pack a punch. Not just weapons but mass enemy panic is hilarious. Having fun trying to remember where I heard all them sounds before. I just thought to mention this often overlooked but hugely important audio aspect in games.

Thank you very much for that. It means a lot for me, since I have elephant's ear and not a clue how to sound a game properly, so I was kind of stumbling in the dark and hoping for the best. At least the guy who did remastering of tracks is very talented at doing that.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: November 07, 2020, 10:34:31 pm »
New Temple is pretty luxurious looking. Too bad the wall ornaments n stuff ain't part of the loot.
Btw few words about the music and sounds: top quality stuff. Personally, OG Starcraft was the last perfect sounding game. XPz awoken the long dormant audiophile.
Yep I actually listen to some of these tracks on loop in audio player along with some other game tracks.

About the decorations id say those things must be like those ultra cheep plastic decor you see at yard sales alot, with the gold-style paint that flakes off when it gets old enough revealing the brittle thin plastic under it.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: November 07, 2020, 10:55:21 pm »
Bugfix/improvements update released.
Download link invalid
Mega has a problem where it will download files but when it gets finished it says "download complete" but then doesn't present you with a Save File dialog and doesn't promptly place it in Downloads.
So it goes through all of that and downloads the data but then doesn't give you the file.

The Mega App doesn't seem to have that problem but it DEFINITELY does it on Browsers.

Offline CPLT-K2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: November 08, 2020, 11:44:31 am »
That's a problem on your end, RSS.
Check few posts/a page back when Jimboman had same thing and issue was his overly aggressive AV.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: November 08, 2020, 03:34:32 pm »
That's a problem on your end, RSS.
Check few posts/a page back when Jimboman had same thing and issue was his overly aggressive AV.

Yea, I have both Zonealarm and Spybot S&D loaded.  I turned them off for the duration of the DL and it worked ok (twice, as I also had to DL the hotfix version).  I turned them on again afterwards of course.

It's pleasing to know my computer is safe from viruses installing themselves though!!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 03:37:25 pm by Jimboman »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7931 on: November 09, 2020, 07:32:46 pm »
As far as I know if it says "download complete", it does complete download, but the file might get dumped somewhere in the temp... There's no more good upload sites after what Mediafire pulled off :/

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: November 09, 2020, 07:49:17 pm »
^^ hey, Did you already try even ulozto.cz ?

also eng.version: ulozto.net
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:58:32 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: November 09, 2020, 10:52:53 pm »
I use MF and MEGA as main cloud backup sites so I was glad to see they were your two primary choices. Never really had to use alternatives but Google Drive (15GB) and M$ OneDrive (5GB) seem like a good free long-term options. You can even use MultCloud to 1-click sync content on all mentioned cloud services if you're into that.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: November 11, 2020, 04:50:43 pm »
Small bit of pedantry here, and I'm running behind on updates, so feel free to ignore if this has been addressed.

The autofire (x6) for the ol' revolver and six-shooter is labeled as slam fire, but this is inaccurate. Slamfire is a term which only applies to certain models of pump shotgun, which allow the trigger to be held down while you work the action, resulting in the gun firing instantly upon returning to battery. (Dont try this at home. Most new models will not allow this, and it's even dangerous for some of the cheaper ones.)

More correctly, the action should be called "fan fire" or "fan the hammer", which is the term for holding down the trigger of a single action revolver and manually working the cocking lever/hammer with the palm of the off hand.

Phone posted, so please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.