aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609303 times)

Offline Imeryak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L2 - 21 May - Blood And Skulls
« Reply #7710 on: May 22, 2020, 12:37:26 pm »
Is there a way to scale down equipment screen?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:18:48 pm by Imeryak »

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: May 22, 2020, 12:56:00 pm »
options - advanced - disable maximize info screens

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: May 22, 2020, 07:20:28 pm »
Secondary bases are fun and all specialy when bravery is hard trained, so when your attacked and the two last enemy hide in the sewer and every fcking unit with a pansershrek shoots it into the wall and killing themself becuse the AI gotta hide in the sewer...................................

Just increase bravery bonus for base defence.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:33:31 pm by Jinderius »

xcomfan

« Reply #7713 on: May 22, 2020, 07:56:57 pm »

I agree, bravery acquired from experience might be increased in soecial circumstances, eg killing 2/3 enemies in melee fight in a row, and so on
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:07:59 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Drasizard

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L1A1 - 9 Apr - Aurora Nights 2
« Reply #7714 on: May 22, 2020, 11:11:34 pm »
The old links should still work. Here's the last one from Discord: http://www.mediafire.com/file/221ccwp2hzj8nof/Dioxine_XPiratez_K2.rar/file

^^  i linked here on forum also K3'version (latest UNhobbested hehe (still untouched by this Hobbes issue) >

https://ulozto.cz/file/WSwRZcYrcWqZ/dioxine-xpiratez-k3-rar

Thanks for the Links! and right before the new version drops too.  ;D

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: May 23, 2020, 05:30:27 am »
This is only a problem with new bases when you spend serious cash on recuits for just one idiot to use the pansershrech to kill 3 in a berserk theres a serious issue with bravery and base defense.

Offline stax77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: May 23, 2020, 01:25:33 pm »
Secondary bases are fun and all specialy when bravery is hard trained, so when your attacked and the two last enemy hide in the sewer and every fcking unit with a pansershrek shoots it into the wall and killing themself becuse the AI gotta hide in the sewer...................................

- Use slave soldiers to defend secondary bases, they have stable morale and do not mind long missions(they do not lose morale with time, only from friendly losses).

- If you have a soldier whose morale is near 50 and there is a possibility they will panic, remove firearms from their hands and put them in backpack/belt/whatever. That way they won't cause any damage to others when they panic (you can leave melee weapons in their hands, they don't use them when panicking).

- Also use some dogs for base defense, they have a built-in motion detector for finding those last enemies hiding in sewers.

xcomfan

« Reply #7717 on: May 23, 2020, 08:59:12 pm »
Yep, gonna  try the slave soldier as a backup defensive force, good idea. Out of curiosity: the "smart rounds"  may be renamed "magic bullets". Might fit more along the vodoo/magic stuff, plus it's kinda jfk reference alike.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: May 23, 2020, 09:10:52 pm »
By Smart rounds you mean for the Smart pistol? I don't see why given that particular gun doesn't use any voodoo.

xcomfan

« Reply #7719 on: May 24, 2020, 03:54:45 pm »
By Smart rounds you mean for the Smart pistol? I don't see why given that particular gun doesn't use any voodoo.

No i mean a simpy word change (eg magnum smart rounds--->magnum magic bullets) Just a setting change  ;)

And might we get that geoscape interface characters like the Amiga 1200 version? Also the interception theme is not that bad...have a look:

Edit: also a nice battlescape "sitzkrieg" theme?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:52:40 am by xcomfan »

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: May 26, 2020, 05:24:27 pm »
Wish using thrown smoke grenades or fire extinguishers didn't count as "hitting your own allies" for the purposes of "Best Kind of Friend". Not sure how feasible that would be to change though.

Offline spazeroid

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: May 28, 2020, 08:55:00 pm »
Howdy, I'm a big fan so I hope this doesn't come off as overly harsh.

The changes to the bootypedia weapons entries make them a lot harder to read. The sides and the green thing are distractingly bright, which combined with the fact the text often goes over both makes it hard to read some of the text. The fish lips in the middle don't help either.

If you make the sides a little darker it shouldn't be so bad. Or maybe changing the text color?  The ideal solution for those of us who are change resistant might be to make the new background toggle-able, but I'm sure that's technically difficult.

Anyway, really like the game and I'm looking forward to the new content.

Offline Lohland

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: May 29, 2020, 05:16:56 am »
The changes to the bootypedia weapons entries make them a lot harder to read. T

I join.

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: May 31, 2020, 06:48:37 pm »
I join.

Me too. I would prefer new bootypedia screen to be optional for now.

Offline Corento

• Sergeant
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: June 01, 2020, 11:42:54 am »
Me too. I would prefer new bootypedia screen to be optional for now.

Agree. I always looking forward for all the changes in game, but here I would prefer something simplified and what fit better with text and graphics.
But thank you Dioxine for all your hard work (and of course all other contributors), you doing it great