Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3665216 times)

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K2 - 2 Nov - Ice Ice Cool
« Reply #7590 on: February 26, 2020, 08:21:57 pm »
@Meridian: thx!

@Ashghan: it's a Pirate-Mod, what do you expect? i also heard that the upcoming versions are de-hobbesfied (not sure if K3 is such a version tho)

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: February 26, 2020, 08:28:01 pm »
Nah, from what I've heard K3 was days from release when that fiasco hit. I still hope that K4 comes soon, it's been a while already, though re-making an entire map pack can't be easy I guess. Otherwise everyone would have their own instead of relying on the same on.

Im curious though - anyone knows if there's gong to be a new 'community' mappack, or is it 'every modder for himself' now?

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: February 26, 2020, 09:24:20 pm »
Im curious though - anyone knows if there's gong to be a new 'community' mappack, or is it 'every modder for himself' now?

See here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7830.0.html

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: March 01, 2020, 10:21:22 am »
So I just had a fun but extremely grueling mission doing a mansion invasion in august.  Ended up basically just bailing almost immediately with a few money purses, an apple, and got an escaped lunatic killed.  Honestly can't complain since I managed to drag an academy esper which I stunned with a frag out which seems to be super important research, though :D.

But anyways, is there any way to deal with this kind of psi bombarding this early or did I just get unlucky rolling an academy mansion?

Edit: Thinking about it, I can just deal with it the vanilla way:  Giving everyone small shotguns is dangerous to everyone else but almost useless against myself, and just put deadly weapons in quickdraw.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:06:26 pm by Greep »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: March 02, 2020, 05:02:26 am »
that's only partially effective here in OXCE mods. Mind controlled units can access inventory here. Thou if you do have something equipped that will usually be used first. Grenades are the big concern.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: March 05, 2020, 01:19:06 am »
Ah well shoot.  That said, I think I figured out a foolproof way of dealing with the psionics:

1) All gals in looter gear
2) Only small shotguns, poisoned daggers, and molotovs

Looter is nearly fire proof, birdshot won't kill gals, daggers can deal with enemies about as good as grenade pooping, and I don't think the A.I. is smart enough to switch to melee to kill gals.  Poison is largely stun anyways

Edit: Well I guess I won't be able to test it because my dropship got shot down from a hunter killer.  Luckily I sold el fuego or I would've lost it there :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:13:01 am by Greep »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: March 05, 2020, 04:13:48 am »
Classic XCOM trick works too. Just find out the gal/SS/peasant with the lowest defence and use it as decoy.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: March 05, 2020, 04:57:55 am »
Yeah you need voodoo to find that out, though.  Or lots of experimenting with wands I guess.  Actually I had voodoo unlocked from the previous mission, so I could have done that xD

I ended up getting to do it anyways by bringing some rookies instead, although it looks like I'll wipe half my squad.  Looks like some paths going up don't even lead to an exit, and I didn't bring grenades because of the possibility of psi.  So everyone going up these are just going to drop dead. 

I guess I can at least save their loot by literally throwing it over the ledge, and I can save some people by punching them and throwing them over lmao.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, for when your gals are too stupid to figure out how to jump over a rail. 

This actually did work, btw, everyone but the body tosser in that tower got out (well, and the three other dead gals anyways) :D  I guess next time I'll bring some fusion torches or whatever equivalent is infiltration.

Managed to nab a liber occultus this time around along with the other million in loot, so I guess that makes two different ways of getting psi from this mission (esper/ book)

I'm wondering if that's the best way to do this mission then:  Escape to the top first through the main stairwell, then blast the walls to those buildings and steal the magical junk.  And just forget about the stuff in the basement.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 05:59:22 am by Greep »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: March 05, 2020, 10:40:58 pm »
You used to be able to finish this mission by killing/KOing all enemies in the map, but I'm not entirely sure thats possible anymore. Mansions are usualy loaded with mostly irrelevant stuff though, like coins and gold bars, which you can easily get elsewhere, so unless you're strapped for cash, search for the interesting research related stuff like gems, books and magical stuff, then get out. Bring one or several gals with stuff that can break down walls, too. You lose most of your time navigating the mansion.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: March 05, 2020, 11:55:44 pm »
Well, that mission I found a bag of cash, a bunch of money purses, an illegally enriched uranium, wand of airlessness, and liber occultus, so the total loot after gambling was over a million + artifacts.  If it weren't for the hunter killer shooting down the first ship it might have been worth doing.  Not much can make up for spending 1M and losing irreplaceable items every time that happens.

TBH the mission is pretty fun so I'd probably do it anyways even if it didn't make money.  Kind of annoying how quite a lot of the loot is obscured behind walls, though.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:37:53 am by Greep »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: March 06, 2020, 10:01:53 am »
All missions end when all enemies are killed. It's a hardcoded engine thing.

No accounting for enemies trapped in cupboards though.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: March 06, 2020, 10:06:31 am »
All missions end when all enemies are killed. It's a hardcoded engine thing.

It's not hardcoded.
Cydonia mission for example doesn't end when everybody is killed.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: March 06, 2020, 10:49:26 am »
Huh. Ok. Then it's probably a design decision by Dio. He said something to that effect in discord.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7603 on: March 06, 2020, 11:20:13 am »
Still, I don't think any mission in Piratez would continue after killing all enemies.

It's the first time I'm hearing about this option - how does it work?

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: March 06, 2020, 09:22:55 pm »
Only one way to find out: deploy the celine dion album.