aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609564 times)

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K1 - 17 Nov - Bandaid needed!
« Reply #7260 on: October 20, 2019, 11:50:44 pm »
Is having a superhuman overleveled gal a bad thing now (because immortal and birthday essentially nullify all other potential freshness increases)?

My current game has a lot of superhuman gals. My main squad of superleveled gals have freshness bonuses of ~ +6 to +12.
It's the B team that all have negative modifiers of ~ -2 to -5, mostly because of nightinggale and bullet magnet. The reason is, the B team fights mostly easy missions where their armor is better than the enemy weapons. So with these gals I mostly don't care if they get hit since it does no damage, hence they have high level bullet magnet. The easy missions I also typically do at night since the easy enemies have poor night vision.

Statcap for freshness is 70, so I would guess the bonuses and penalties from condemnations don't affect gameplay too much. I haven't played enough on the new patch to have an opinion yet.

Offline BlackOnix

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: October 21, 2019, 12:07:30 am »
November update? I'm stuck in october :o

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #7262 on: October 21, 2019, 03:38:15 am »
My current game has a lot of superhuman gals. My main squad of superleveled gals have freshness bonuses of ~ +6 to +12.
It's the B team that all have negative modifiers of ~ -2 to -5, mostly because of nightinggale and bullet magnet. The reason is, the B team fights mostly easy missions where their armor is better than the enemy weapons. So with these gals I mostly don't care if they get hit since it does no damage, hence they have high level bullet magnet. The easy missions I also typically do at night since the easy enemies have poor night vision.

Statcap for freshness is 70, so I would guess the bonuses and penalties from condemnations don't affect gameplay too much. I haven't played enough on the new patch to have an opinion yet.

freshness? ?

it´s indeed new statistical ..item, for me :o :S

misterx

« Reply #7263 on: October 21, 2019, 03:38:42 pm »
As of 0.99K1 the moving buildings around the base featured seems to have been removed, may i suggest to reintroduce it once the "minecraft" research topic is accomplished?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: October 21, 2019, 04:23:59 pm »
Some musings on condemnations:
"Bane of x" and "Master of x" count kills and stuns, while others count only kills to the point where it doesn't make much sense. General example: I shoot someone with a rifle, he passes out bleeding. If I let him die, it counts toward "Grunt". If another gal comes and heals his wounds, the shooter gets no points towards "Grunt". Even though the gal that did the shooting did the exact same thing in both cases.

More specific examples: You can get "Primal" from using the handle and quarterstaff, but it only counts kills and not stuns. The hunting bow is also included, but again only kills. That pretty much excludes poison arrows.
"Monster Hunter" is one where I really feel a knockout should count. Killing a monster with a knive is glorious, but taking it down with your bare hands even more. Especially since a captured monster is worth more than a corpse, regarding parts extraction. You are a more successful hunter when you manage to capture it alive.

"Psycho" has Fistycuffs and Ninja Stick, as well as the the rubber bullet capable shotguns. Here the kill only makes more sense.
"Street Fighter" has the Black Adder, which is also a weapon that I use for stunning (for Sectogres, Sirens and Zombies).

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: October 21, 2019, 06:08:16 pm »
As of 0.99K1 the moving buildings around the base featured seems to have been removed, may i suggest to reintroduce it once the "minecraft" research topic is accomplished?

That was already gone in the last version and it is gone from the .exe iirc, so a mod can't just reintroduce it.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: October 21, 2019, 08:35:43 pm »

Was that feature removed only in Iron-man mode, or was it removed from the game for all difficulty levels?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7267 on: October 21, 2019, 09:27:50 pm »
Was that feature removed only in Iron-man mode, or was it removed from the game for all difficulty levels?

It was removed from the whole game, Iron Man has zero impact on gameplay.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: October 21, 2019, 11:26:21 pm »
We'll just have to get used to it.  Start planning a little more ahead, and take note of which facilities can be built over to save time in the future.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: October 22, 2019, 03:42:25 am »
Kind of hard to plan ahead without metagaming.   :-\

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7270 on: October 22, 2019, 09:44:16 am »
Kind of hard to plan ahead without metagaming.   :-\

If you left-click on a facility, you can dismantle it.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: October 22, 2019, 01:36:45 pm »
If you can build over a facility, do that instead as it'll shave time off constructing the new facility.

In other news, bombers always get destroyed now.  Fun.  As if implosion bomb launchers needed to be even rarer.

Offline lancev

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: October 22, 2019, 05:11:32 pm »
In other news, bombers always get destroyed now.

Sure?
Last time I checked, it was random, but determined at SPAWN.
If you just reload the same bomber after it has spawned, it will always explode.

It could still make sense to set huntBehavior: 0, since non-military ships always crash, unless the damage is to high. Why would military ships always explode? Perhaps self-destruct. Or hit in the ammo depot.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: October 22, 2019, 11:45:28 pm »
One of the numbered topics explains it.  Enemy craft usually crash when reduced to half their HP, just like in the original game.  This is apparently a safety features of theirs, and it can be turned off so they can fight to the death.  That's the justification for HK craft getting destroyed in exchange for being in the battle for longer than usual.

Bottom line, enjoy waiting years for an implosion bomb launcher.  Actually, you might never ever get one ever because I just realized that the viper fighters will probably also explode too and never crash.

Edit: I don't know if this is a bug or the RNG messing with me (still waiting for that demonic sacrifice and any space mission with guild spacemen instead of academy explorers), but why am I still getting highway houses?  I don't need them anymore, I've already contacted Krazy Hanna, in fact I thought contacting her would completely remove this mission.  I didn't even get my first 25mm cannon from the damn highwaymen anyway, I got Krazy Hanna before the first house mission ever showed up.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 01:24:54 am by BBHood217 »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: October 23, 2019, 02:33:14 am »
Just updated and played a little... gosh, the new range system gets my finances to hell!. Playing male touch now is just getting harder. Those salaries for Slaves and Peasants adds up quickly... And I have a princess now, That gal cost a lot.