aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610963 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J16 - 8 Aug -Zombie Dreams
« Reply #7170 on: August 28, 2019, 03:40:46 pm »
A number of options exist, starting with seduction.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J16 - 8 Aug -Zombie Dreams
« Reply #7171 on: August 28, 2019, 03:42:14 pm »
Poisoned daggers don't work on her, i tried.

A number of options exist, starting with seduction.
Sed.. seduc.. SEDUCTION???!!   :o ??? But-but.. nothing in this game can be resolved by force?  Aarrrggh!  I'm already seeing making Exquisite Lingerie and building a really nice gal outfit, when the Gnome Base is cleared and I have the Gnome Gal surrounded, my Queen can give the command:
- Bring in the Whore!!

So you say, a Wench outfit might have a chance to persuade the Armored Gnome?

Or maybe that even a persuadotron might work?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 04:01:18 pm by mercy »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: August 28, 2019, 05:08:34 pm »
The seduction attempt you need is "Good touch" (gigglesnort). Indeed Wench outfit has it, but you probably need 2 wenches.

I am told that a trained Seductress with Seduction might work too. Emphasis on might. If not, Seductress good touch.

There are a number of other options. Wrenching her CAREFULLY, then cattle prods. Chem shotgun ammo then Cattle Prods.

Actually, that's about it. Didn't get into really esoteric contraptions like 50 mumbleballs or weird stuff like that although it MIGHT work.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: August 28, 2019, 06:06:58 pm »
EMP Minibombs might work. They might also kill her.

The most reliable is probably Chem shotguns, then electric stunning, as was suggested by Iazo

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: August 28, 2019, 07:17:29 pm »
Thank You all for the expert advice!
I went in with a squad of wenches, seductresses and persuadotron-wielding Gals and many others had poisoned daggers.  Possession didn't work, but I guessed Terror will reduce her morale and the wenches + seductresses used bad touch to drain her TU + morale + inflict stun.
Fusion torches were out and when I applied above for 2 or 3 turns, then I went in with a poison dagger trooper and knifed her: upon hearing the last stabbing sound, the Armored Goblin girl suddenly collapsed and went unconscious. Thank God that her Raider Boss just faints from gunshots, because now I have a full complement of this Goblin Lair leadership:

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: August 28, 2019, 07:20:19 pm »
Next time use good touch insead of bad.

Good touch is not mitigated by armor!

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: August 28, 2019, 07:27:35 pm »
Next time use good touch insead of bad.

Good touch is not mitigated by armor!
But the explanation says it gives the touched target energy and morale.  I didn't wanna give her more.   Dunno, the explanation should say  that this attack has a chance to charm the opponent and inflict various kinds of stun, which can cause sleep.    But instead it describes all kinds of pluses given to the target, as if the attack would liven the target up.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: August 28, 2019, 08:04:32 pm »
It gives the target energy, morale and stun damage. Can't use that energy and morale Zzzing on the floor.

Not even sure enemies use energy.

https://xpedia.netlify.com/xpedia.html#AUX_GOOD_TOUCH

16 stun damage. Gnome has about 40 health. Easy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:07:43 pm by Iazo »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: August 29, 2019, 04:42:54 am »
yeah good touch is the best low tier solution for the gnome encounter. 4 successful applications and your done but for the babysitting while you clear the map.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: September 01, 2019, 11:34:40 am »
Hi, it's been a while since I played this, but the latest update made me curious: It mentions enemy bases got Hunter-Killers.
Does that mean there will be enemy ships patrolling nearby to attack your ships then? Is there a way to avoid them?
IIRC the mod author didn't want to use this kind of encounters and the lore justified it by having your ships use a cloaking system. Did you change your mind, Dioxine?
I'm curious.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: September 01, 2019, 12:40:34 pm »
Kung-fu Parrots massacring a Chupacabra:

TURN 1
My three best Crane Kung-Fu Master Parrots are bravely taking on a vicious Chupacabra!  Loud screeching is coming from both sides.
Unfortunately neither the three parrots, nor the Chupie scored any hits in the first round. But my Boozesaur is rushing in to help the birds good-old WWE Wrestling style, so there is hope!  Two more rounds to go!

TURN 2:
The Chupacabra viciously tore one of my Hero Parrots to bloody pieces! She will be forever remembered: we will cook a wonderful chicken-soup from her remains. Then the other two Parrots masterfully launched Beak Attacks at the monster, but ALAS failed to land a successful it. The Boozesaur stepped in and gently gave one bite to the monster and we heard the hideous, thorny chupacabra's body being crushed like chicken legs!  The Boozesaur was almost grinning with satisfaction, as it resumed looking for survivor monsters.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:55:16 pm by mercy »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7181 on: September 01, 2019, 04:21:13 pm »
Hi, it's been a while since I played this, but the latest update made me curious: It mentions enemy bases got Hunter-Killers.
Does that mean there will be enemy ships patrolling nearby to attack your ships then? Is there a way to avoid them?
IIRC the mod author didn't want to use this kind of encounters and the lore justified it by having your ships use a cloaking system. Did you change your mind, Dioxine?
I'm curious.

AFAIK it only concerns Ninja bases, as Ninja Gals are exempt from the "no detection" rule.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: September 01, 2019, 04:53:00 pm »
Btw in near future there will be possible for cloaked crafts and ufo, and you will need have better radars/special radars to detect them.
Right now, new version of OXCE support invisible UFOs (nobody can detect them), this mean we are close to diffident tiers of viability.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: September 01, 2019, 09:27:23 pm »
We have Ninja bases now?

Enemy bases (I have mercs, academy and guild, so I assume all bases are the same) now have a visible radar circle, a rather small one. When you pass through you are being attacked. It seems to take some time to regenerate the fighter, after shooting it down I could pass through the radar range for at least a couple of hours, maybe even longer. So send a proper fighter, then attack the base/supply ship with your transport (ideally parked nearby).

You have to be careful, because on the way back from a tactical mission you cannot change course. (maybe you can transfer to another base? Haven't tried.)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J17 - 1 Sep - I Stab At Thee!!!
« Reply #7184 on: September 01, 2019, 10:24:40 pm »
New version up. Enjoy.