Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610775 times)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7050 on: July 14, 2019, 05:32:13 pm »
On Jack Sparrow, necropirates are kinda hard for the beginning crew. I tend to ignore them. Even with the help of the civi castaways.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: July 14, 2019, 05:46:51 pm »
OTH. I can see that the ravenclaw Robe is not possible to get if you get the male touch path. I think there should be another way to get it with this path.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: July 15, 2019, 12:45:10 am »
Skyranger lost too with full, albeit mediocre squad on Superman/Ironman. Shot down a medium sized Academy ship and they were many bastards skedaddling around, plus the drones sealed our fate. My last Gal was desperately picking up new minibombs in the back of the Skyranger, when she was repeatedly stun-batoned from behind.  Didn't even see, who it was..

I think from now on there is just no sense packing a ship full of mediocre junk Hands.  I need to put together a team of 70% quality and 30% expendable troops. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 12:47:00 am by mercy »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: July 15, 2019, 12:49:40 am »
Skyranger is a flight coffin, even more in Xpiratez. I only use it with for training troops in easy missions in middle game when you have decent armor.

OR, with some armored that can absorb the first turn reaction fire.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 12:59:35 am by ajnunezr »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: July 15, 2019, 10:14:14 am »
I'm surprised Dioxine didn't include Improved Skyranger with the side doors as well. That was amazing, when I tried it out years ago! This old Skyranger with the 'One Exit Death-Tube' is truly a coffin, you named it right!

However: I remembered the Bootypedia having a very attractive, gritty style.  Depicting a primal, vicious world, where death awaits anybody with open arms.  Dioxine had achieved one of the best writings in the gaming industry, political caricatures alluding to our crazy world, I think. So a 'One Exit Death-Tube' Skyranger matches the cruel world of XPiratez perfectly. Danger awaits everywhere you step and if you are ignorant and don't think and use junk vehicles, you deserve your fate: The stupid idiots die in XPiratez!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 02:51:56 pm by mercy »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: July 15, 2019, 05:33:34 pm »
Dioxine had achieved one of the best writings in the gaming industry

The writing in mods on OXC is high quality in general, and yes, I think also that Xpiratez is outstanding in that aspect.

The stupid idiots die in XPiratez!

Yeah, I know, i die everytime  ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 05:36:44 pm by ajnunezr »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7056 on: July 15, 2019, 11:51:21 pm »
Superman ironman:
A full implement, 13 members of Hands on Bikes was wiped out by Humanists happily engaging in a Mutant Progrom. It was a nice surprise that as the first turn started I was lazily & conveniently preparing for a massive Mini Cannon carpet bombardment, to exterminate the roaches, but to my astonishment: the Nazis decimated my people with rockets shot from launchers right in the middle of the bikes in the first turn..   :-Ooo  :D
I didn't mean it too much. Even the highest skilled biker Hand was mediocre by my new, selected-quality Freaks Standards. Also the Australia base still had primitive weapons, muskets, one shotgun, pistols.  So they were no match for the Nazis, who were expertly wielding assault rifles, nazi machineguns and launchers.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:53:08 pm by mercy »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: July 16, 2019, 01:09:08 am »
(Superhuman ironman)
With a lightly equipped convoy, two heroic named-dogs and a bitey reaper I hit the 24-turn Humanist mission, where they are fortified in that thick walled, multi-story prison complex.  The two convoy APCs started in a corner and unfortunately blocked the reaper so it couldn't get out to fight. The dogs were grenaded & shot down, but one managed to kill a Nazi. My best, picked Warriors put up a heroic fight, but alas, they were lightly equipped and were massacred by the Nazis who just kept pouring out of the buildings. My only Mini Cannoneer on top of one APC was sniper-shot by a Military Police wielding an assault rifle.
In the end, only the reaper remained. I waited a couple turns, until an idiot Nazi showed up and started clobbering the reaper in melee. He died fast. :D :D :D
It was an amazing moment, when turn 24 arrived and my only remaining bitey reaper dutifully climbed into an APC and the mission is now slowly coming back to base with the remaining equipment.  The two "Ghost Ships" these APCs will be surely haunted in the future!  :D :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:11:36 am by mercy »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: July 16, 2019, 11:50:12 am »
While superhuman ironman is doable, and even doable without any losses, you have to know what you're doing.

The necropirate raid requires luck and risk management, bikes are an EXTREMELY bad ship, especially on JS, ESPECIALLY on a pogrom, and the humanist armory requires strong weapons, personal armor, good melee skils and/or lots of camping. Also convoy bad.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: July 17, 2019, 11:49:56 am »
Dojo question:

I can set participants to YARR! or NAY. But also to the right at the end of the line there are - and signs for each fighter.   I can switch them between - and + .. What do those mean?

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: July 17, 2019, 02:02:19 pm »
Dojo question:

I can set participants to YARR! or NAY. But also to the right at the end of the line there are - and signs for each fighter.   I can switch them between - and + .. What do those mean?
Those are wounded. They wont train till healed.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: July 17, 2019, 02:38:16 pm »
Those are wounded. They wont train till healed.
Thank You!
+
Holy Mother of God! In the hands of high ranking gals those laslock shotguns and UAC Rifles massacred a hooker/highwayman/though-guy  group that guarded a torture house. WOW!!

Same weapons were not so much awesome against armored opponents, like Human Goon on the next mission. :D

First Sea mission! I thought I would check it out with a Blowfish and picked, high attributes freaks, topless, oxygen tanks and harpoon rifles. Arrived, opened  the door.. and right in front of the Blowfish ..WOA! There is a beautifully animated, big Hallucinoid! Fired half of the squad's ammo into it, when it finally collapsed. Wisely we remained in the ship.. Next turn the second hallucinoid started mind-bullying the squad so morale levels went down to ~25%.  Seeing that I thought:
- Okay, see you later!
Bugged out.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:43:39 pm by mercy »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: July 19, 2019, 03:29:05 pm »
SuperFast Ships Question:

Sometimes ships appear with the speed of: '531 432 764'  or something like that, zipping here & there lightning fast for a second, then they disappear.  Was this intentional?   Or is it just the consequence of changed radar-detection rate?

There were UFOs posted on YT that zip like a beam of colorful light and they are off. Somewhat slower, but still insanely fast "black dot" UFOs also are on YT, where they are shown crossing the entire view in 5-6  video frames.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:42:51 pm by mercy »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: July 19, 2019, 03:50:35 pm »
They could be terror ships, or crackdown ones.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: July 19, 2019, 04:57:10 pm »
SuperFast Ships Question:

Sometimes ships appear with the speed of: '531 432 764'  or something like that, zipping here & there lightning fast for a second than they disappear.  Was this intentional?   Or is it just the consequence of changed radar-detection rate?

There were UFOs posted on YT that zip like a beam of colorful light and they are off. Somewhat slower, but still insanely fast "black dot" UFOs also are on YT, where they are shown crossing the entire view in 5-6  video frames.

The 531 432 764 speed "ships" are actually "Comm Waves" as revealed when you get the hyperwave decoder. These aren't actually ships but signify a ground based assault by the faction they are associated with.