Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612506 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7035 on: July 08, 2019, 11:17:07 pm »
Question about the male touch path.

It looks like that selecting male touch disallow superslave costumes and squire training and feudalism. It is totally intended?

Apart for trucks, and cheap soldiers, doesn't looks like selecting that path gives you too much. I'm going to test anyways in this run with the males soldiers.

Probably, as SuperSlave costium and whole research "branch" about it is just drugging Slaves and looking how horrible they die.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7036 on: July 09, 2019, 01:22:05 am »
It's intended. And the Male Touch is not supposed to be in any way equal. Think of it as a different (a bit harder) experience.

Offline Venger

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: July 10, 2019, 06:33:31 am »
It's intended. And the Male Touch is not supposed to be in any way equal. Think of it as a different (a bit harder) experience.

I would suggest hinting at that more strongly in the description. Going in blind, I assumed limiting the band to women-only would be the harder choice.

e: Thinking also of weird trap choices, I just got the option to turn Noblewomen into Courtesans. Is there any reason to do this, aside from the visceral thrill of class warfare? You're giving up a 200k ransom upfront for 20k a month and using a slot in your prison for it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:02:07 am by Venger »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: July 10, 2019, 07:36:44 pm »
I would suggest hinting at that more strongly in the description. Going in blind, I assumed limiting the band to women-only would be the harder choice.

e: Thinking also of weird trap choices, I just got the option to turn Noblewomen into Courtesans. Is there any reason to do this, aside from the visceral thrill of class warfare? You're giving up a 200k ransom upfront for 20k a month and using a slot in your prison for it.

After 10 months you are at 0. Also in the mid-late game it's hard to get hoes (pretty much impossible) so you can always do this. It's nice that there is always an option, even if not the most efficient.

Offline Venger

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: July 10, 2019, 09:50:15 pm »
After 10 months you are at 0. Also in the mid-late game it's hard to get hoes (pretty much impossible) so you can always do this. It's nice that there is always an option, even if not the most efficient.

It takes 21 months for a Noblewoman Courtesan to make more than what she's worth in ransom, and that doesn't take into account the opportunity cost. If you took your 200k ransom and bought a plantation with it, it would net you 2,520,000 dollarydoos in the same 21 months it took for your courtesan to make back the initial investment.

It would make sense if there were different types of hookers the same way there are different types of slaves. A former noblewoman ought to bring in more dolaros than some random streetwalker, right?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: July 10, 2019, 10:26:44 pm »
Courtesans can get an upgrade later on.

If you get a noblewoman early the ransom is probably better, but after a couple of months when there is no immediate need for another 200k the courtesan is better.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: July 10, 2019, 11:21:21 pm »
Also in the mid-late game it's hard to get hoes (pretty much impossible) so you can always do this. It's nice that there is always an option, even if not the most efficient.
I wouldn't say it's pretty much impossible, they appear in both Bandit Town missions and one of Jack's Rank C Bounty missions and neither are particularly uncommon mid-late game. There's also always plenty of Guild Hostesses who can be turned into Courtesans as well.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7042 on: July 12, 2019, 04:54:24 pm »
Radar range question:

I built a hyper-wave decoder and an overcharged radar on the same base, but my radar range circle didn't increase. They all stay the same. How can I increase those radar ranges circles of my continental bases to overlap and so gain Full World Radar Coverage?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: July 12, 2019, 05:03:09 pm »
The circle represent the installation with the highest range. Hyper wave has the biggest range. You don't need another installation.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: July 12, 2019, 06:57:52 pm »
The circle represent the installation with the highest range. Hyper wave has the biggest range. You don't need another installation.

So it is not possible to create bigger radar ranges than Hyperwave?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: July 12, 2019, 08:32:12 pm »
No, it is not.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: July 13, 2019, 09:54:59 am »
No, it is not.

After building the Hyper-wave, are short & long radars necessary on the base or can I scrap them?  Does Hyper-wave take over detection duties from both short & long range radars?

Overcharged Radar could be still useful as its description says it can jam enemy ships.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 04:16:49 pm by mercy »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: July 13, 2019, 06:56:15 pm »
You can leave only the hyperwave.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: July 13, 2019, 08:06:25 pm »
You can leave only the hyperwave.
Thank You!

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: July 14, 2019, 03:57:10 pm »
Highest difficulty superhuman ironman:
 On the second mission,  swooping down in the dark of the night on a landed Necropirates ship that was mercilessly terrorizing the populace by the sounds of it coming from the dark, my six escaped Founding Member Übers got massacred and the game-beginning 6-seater Airbus GDX vehicle was lost.
After losing four teammates, I thought, my wounded two officers can Avenge-Massacre the Necropirates, like in the Movies,  by sneaking among the trees & generally keeping to cover Schwarzenegger Commando Style!
But the Necropirates got large caliber hand-cannons and swords:
- Slashy-slashy, BAM BAM! 

R.I.P. Founding Team!

Now I have a stuffy, smaller airvan and a "Hiring New Proud & Boastful Employees"-advertisement..
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 04:07:05 pm by mercy »