aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609602 times)

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J14a - 1 May - Saints and Sinners
« Reply #6960 on: May 13, 2019, 02:40:30 am »
2. I've already researched tons of high-tech things like laser weapons making/brave whaler/advanced firearms/etc, but still not in mutant alliance( I believe there should be research for it, no?), did I missed something?

Very likely, it's a very early research, but yeah the tech viewer will tell you exactly what you missed.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: May 13, 2019, 07:41:17 am »
Mutant alliance i tied into the bounty system. Look to researching your prizes.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: May 14, 2019, 07:18:34 am »
I think that new highway mission needs a quicker unlock.  I think I got it researched in april, and it's july now.  Haven't gotten one of those missions, and I'm about to research contacts: krazy hanna which kinda makes the whole mission pointless.  Like maybe just link it directly to "we need craft weapons" or something.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: May 15, 2019, 12:25:40 am »
I think that new highway mission needs a quicker unlock.  I think I got it researched in april, and it's july now.  Haven't gotten one of those missions, and I'm about to research contacts: krazy hanna which kinda makes the whole mission pointless.  Like maybe just link it directly to "we need craft weapons" or something.

That's RNG. You could have been flooded with those missions in May. I've had the same issue with monster hunts. The game spawns what it feels like.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: May 15, 2019, 12:59:56 am »
Well the thing is, even if I were flooded with them, the earliest I would have gotten them researching in a normal way (Mayish) is probably after I research airballs and just one month before contacting hanna.  It makes more sense to balance on the average case imo, which would probably make it after contacting hanna atm, assuming the missions would spawn every other month.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: May 15, 2019, 02:25:41 am »
Highway House is way easier to unlock then Krazy Hanna. The hardest requirement for Highway House is just a Ratman Mob Lieutenant, whereas Krazy Hanna requires Advanced Weapons Rumors which I find comes a bit later.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: May 15, 2019, 07:41:37 am »
The tech yeah, but the time to get the mission is unlocking the tech + average time to actually get the mission (2-3 months).  Airballs and crazy hanna are both instant.  Just unlocked crazy hanna, btw.  Anyways, it's a minor point, I don't want to drone on.

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: May 15, 2019, 04:16:26 pm »
1. Space missions lags A LOT for me, so I unable to complete freighter intercept( or what was it) missions because of insane enemy turn time, can it be fixed somehow?
2. Where do I find synth? It seems I found 1( there was research topic for it), but It seems I cant find any but damaged on rare space stations.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: May 15, 2019, 05:33:57 pm »
1. Space missions lags A LOT for me, so I unable to complete freighter intercept( or what was it) missions because of insane enemy turn time, can it be fixed somehow?
2. Where do I find synth? It seems I found 1( there was research topic for it), but It seems I cant find any but damaged on rare space stations.

1) Probably because the AI was never meant to contemplate free movement with 26(?) z-layers and a 40 tile view distance.

2) As far as I know that's exactly how you find them. They have to be repaired.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: May 16, 2019, 01:50:37 am »
Actually the lag is mostly about the Z height of the map, the vanilla engine was locked to 3 o 4 z levels because it was a performance killer. Modern systems have much more power, so we can eat more Z levels before its really a problem. But space is very tall (30ish Z levels) and the freighter has alot of foes(100+). Your best option is to disable any filters you may be running and to kill of as much stuff as you can to reduce what being processed.

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: May 18, 2019, 12:06:14 pm »
How do I check hidden researches? I mean entire research tree/topics to unlock.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: May 18, 2019, 03:03:35 pm »
How do I check hidden researches? I mean entire research tree/topics to unlock.
Press Q on the geoscape.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: May 20, 2019, 11:17:06 am »
Oof.  That !highway house! mission needs another look at.  Lost 4 experienced gals and a parrot beating 28 highwaymen and heavily armored ratmen, on a map with multiple high level buildings, carrying heavy shotguns and flame spouting machine guns.  And there's also a massive artillery weapon that one shots anyone with 100% accuracy if any gals go insane or end a turn in it's sight.  Doesn't go down without multiple high level explosions.

... for less craft weaponry than a typical small landed has.  Not worth researching sadly.  Not worth even doing unfortunately, so I'm going to work on getting a weapons merchant so it doesn't show up, and just skip any more that appear.  Either it should be hard and give something awesome like a 50mm cannon with tons of shells or a two dozen seagull missiles or it should be made less of a trap mission imo.  For a 25mm cannon I would've expected like 6 dudes with pistols guarding it -___-
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:36:03 am by Greep »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: May 20, 2019, 05:16:43 pm »
Try fire for armored stuff. The artillery gun should go down with two incendiary grenades. The armored ratmen with one. Even molotovs have a good chance to kill these armored ratmen in one hit.

Edit: my bad, you need wp grenades, not incendiary. That fire damage is really confusing at times. Incendiary grenades just do the regular 5-10 fire damage, the stated damage of 40 is just the radius. Willi Pete on the other hand actually do the stated 50 damage.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:53:08 am by Eddie »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J14a - 1 May - Saints and Sinners
« Reply #6974 on: May 20, 2019, 08:10:28 pm »
what about implementing (or count with) the physical, respectively mechanical ..features of guns, in during their shooting phase ( - while shooting actions) - for example, :

(a heavier), bigger gun like "kick", at shoot,

(semi)automatic rifles (AK-74, etc..) like "arise-up", "push´ing-up, at shooting,

(..SA-57 - "vynáša, strašne dvíhajú, pri strelbe..)

and small auto- guns, (like UZI, and so on), - while shooting, they (sometimes) like "spread", just such crazy, wildly and unwaitingly, -suddenly push-up, & spread, "jump",  all around, and in all-directions.. at shooting
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:20:41 pm by LytaRyta »