aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609749 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J14a - 1 May - Saints and Sinners
« Reply #6945 on: May 05, 2019, 05:42:21 pm »
Personally, I would be happy to see it go, or maybe only available in debug mode.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6946 on: May 05, 2019, 06:11:37 pm »
Well I can always make it ADD money to your bank, so it will be obvious it's a cheat ;)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: May 06, 2019, 12:38:35 am »
Would it be possible to move them only by exchanging them with existing facilities?

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: May 08, 2019, 08:48:42 am »
Damn, those firebombs brings "smell of napalm in the morning" to absolutely new level. Actually kinda miss times when there was no NV and my preferable sources of lights was INC ammo/grenades, really adds to atmosphere, but NV saves a lot of player's time of course.

One thing about Pogroms. For me they are became a lot easier because there much more factions now, comparing to older versions, and while I was struggling on 2nd or 3 Pogrom previously, because of flying GOs or even armored one, now I just steamroll with explosives/kustom handcannons against weak armored demons/deep ones. The main problem was good armor/weapons of enemies and I liked it, IMHO pogroms should be a lot more difficult than any mission forcing player to choose between clearing it/losing a lot of points forcing to clear a lot more missions to get good points at the end of month, and now this particular part of difficulty dropped to zero, playing at 3rd difficulty now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:04:29 am by VodkaBear »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6949 on: May 08, 2019, 10:16:23 am »
Good to read this, after all the "ratmen pogroms are impossible, how do I kill the carz lol roftlcopters" posts.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: May 08, 2019, 05:32:33 pm »
To be fair, heavy armor is more than a little shock to a new player. UFO doesn't throw anything that resilient at you for a long time, and if all you've been facing is reaper cavalry at the worst, the game probably hasn't "taught" the player the need for high explosives yet. (Although as long as you accept XPZ's can't win 'em all philosophy, the cars themselves do exactly that)

Myself, I just caught some Osiron ship on the ground, and I'm really struggling with Cyberdiscs because my heavy armor solution (and I realize they're not terribly sturdy as terror units go) was swords and maces backed up by ludicrous strength. I got one of the three down, but I'm debating bugging out with whatever I can carry since the other two have decided to just camp a wide open area. Smartest move I've ever seen the AI make.

Edit:
I was concerned that my campaign might be getting to a dangerous point if I didn't improve my tech and pressed on. That hurt. A lot. Most of my primary strike team will probably be laid up for a month, the results screen really doesn't tell the story.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 06:12:10 pm by Devon_v »

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: May 08, 2019, 06:32:37 pm »
What *set world on fire* research do? Also, what meaning of "*" sign for researches?

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: May 08, 2019, 07:04:24 pm »
What *set world on fire* research do? Also, what meaning of "*" sign for researches?
Asterisks generally change the world state. Once researched, you have learned something that cannot be unlearned, or you have entered into a pact that cannot be broken. *MUTANT ALLIANCE* for instance makes you a member, and makes your participation in pogroms mandatory. Set the World on Fire is demon related, the consequences are likely to be related.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J14a - 1 May - Saints and Sinners
« Reply #6953 on: May 11, 2019, 04:13:31 pm »
just 1 quick idea - what about implement "tired-ness", tireness, after each mission ?

simply, after each mission each gals participated in just -finished mission, would suffer tired and exhausting, for some time.. ( -- dropping, decrease the energy, accurancies, morale, and amybe health too, and so on.. )

..and it would be dependably on mission time, longiness of mission duration :

long mission, - lots of hours = alot decreasing of energy, morale, (health, accurancy, etc..)
quick mission, - few (tens) minutes, till 1-2hours, at most  =  almost no decrease of energy, accurancy, morale..

--- double-posting is legal now, but let's keep it sane - Solar ---

´´´.. - aech gals, each person who was on that mission..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:30:59 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: May 11, 2019, 05:49:00 pm »
I remember it being proposed, but the idea was scrapped because it would be yet another thing to micro.
Gals have plenty of time resting anyway. Probably all they do in the Hideout is Rest&Relaxation in, or without undies. They also don't have to shovel coal to the furnace for crafts to fly.

If you want something like that then simply don't use any gal twice in the row and problem solved.

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: May 11, 2019, 06:15:03 pm »
1. How do I load Bombard into vessel?
2. I've already researched tons of high-tech things like laser weapons making/brave whaler/advanced firearms/etc, but still not in mutant alliance( I believe there should be research for it, no?), did I missed something?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #6956 on: May 11, 2019, 06:41:19 pm »
hah, btw. when will be ´K´ version ? ;D

"K -edition"

(..how much versions "numbers" after "J" will be there yet ? .. :D)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:44:09 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: May 11, 2019, 07:35:19 pm »
1. How do I load Bombard into vessel?
2. I've already researched tons of high-tech things like laser weapons making/brave whaler/advanced firearms/etc, but still not in mutant alliance( I believe there should be research for it, no?), did I missed something?

1: You should be able to equip it from the armor screen, someone has to drive the damn thing.
2: search for it in the tech tree, have a look what you are missing.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: May 12, 2019, 12:23:22 am »
will also point out the bombard is loknarr and gnome only.

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: May 12, 2019, 09:45:22 am »
will also point out the bombard is loknarr and gnome only.
Yeah, I knew this, just missed explanations that you need equip it as armor. Well 2-turns pogrom just ended with only 2 bombard gas shots, poor civs though.