Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609767 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J11 - 27 Jan - Slaves, or Soldiers?
« Reply #6705 on: February 05, 2019, 06:37:39 pm »
Is there a reason why we can't disassembel Gauss Cannons?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6706 on: February 06, 2019, 12:22:26 am »
Nobody coded that in, obviously? Does even anyone use the disassemble option?

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: February 06, 2019, 12:32:19 pm »
I do, sometimes its the easiest way to get some components that I need for other things. For example, the easiest way, IMO, of getting optronic parts is disassembling slave AIs. I think its mostly done to get stuff like optronic parts, energy weapon parts, those coil things, etc;

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: February 06, 2019, 03:48:16 pm »
Nobody coded that in, obviously? Does even anyone use the disassemble option?

I disassemble spare heavy energy weapons to get the couplings.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: February 06, 2019, 04:49:32 pm »
The Gauss Ammo Disassembly topic gives the returns for craft weapons. So I was confused when I didn't find it in the workshop and had a look.
I want those power couplings, and I have way too many Gauss Cannons (or to few fighters I guess).

Edit: And I disassemble a lot of stuff. I don't need the money, but I can use (some of the) raw materials.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:54:20 pm by Rince Wind »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: February 06, 2019, 05:27:38 pm »
Its also easier to get your hands on gauss cannons than handheld gauss weapons, due to what kind of stuff carries gauss weapons, so getting the option to disassemble them would help you get those components more easily.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J11 - 27 Jan - Slaves, or Soldiers?
« Reply #6711 on: February 06, 2019, 06:35:43 pm »
..and what about give to Gals the motorbike? (motorcycle)?,
as such light "vehicle's

heh, it is such "hard~rockish, alike ^Lisbeth Salander'

motorbike ~ ligh, such Kawasaki,
or amybe heavy Harley~Davidson..

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: February 06, 2019, 07:21:39 pm »
I do, sometimes its the easiest way to get some components that I need for other things. For example, the easiest way, IMO, of getting optronic parts is disassembling slave AIs. I think its mostly done to get stuff like optronic parts, energy weapon parts, those coil things, etc;

There's also Personal Computers that you can disassemble. You get an Optitronic part per computer, and they're not hard to find at all, I have like 40 in storage I need to disassemble.

niculinux

« Reply #6713 on: February 06, 2019, 07:43:25 pm »
As in 0.99J11 i still noticed (also here) that missions tend to spawn in same spots over and over; for instance Africa is less congested even in vanilka xcom?! :o Same for enemy ship landings; cannot recall much but in Europe the seem to love Soain, Ireland and UK :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 07:48:19 pm by niculinux »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6714 on: February 06, 2019, 07:57:24 pm »
Nikulinux, are you a slider? A dimension hopper? :)
After every release, you discover "changes" which never happened. There has been no change in where missions are spawned. Similarly, there has been no significant change in economics (you recently mentioned stuff being more affordable). And so on, and so forth.
Humans naturally see patterns where there are none, it's a well-known mechanism. But you regularly take it to another level.
If I were to hazard a guess, you have some sort of issues with assessing your impressions, or with self-criticism. I am no psychologist, so maybe it's rubbish, but I thought I'd share because you should know.
Please don't be offended, you've done nothing wrong. I am just pointing it out of concern, since it could be a sign of, or lead to, paranoia. And that's not a good thing.

niculinux

« Reply #6715 on: February 06, 2019, 08:09:19 pm »
After every release, you discover "changes" which never happened. There has been no change in where missions are spawned. Similarly, there has been no significant change in economics (you recently mentioned stuff being more affordable). And so on, and so forth.
Humans naturally see patterns where there are none, it's a well-known mechanism. But you regularly take it to another level.
If I were to hazard a guess, you have some sort of issues with assessing your impressions, or with self-criticism. I am no psychologist, so maybe it's rubbish, but I thought I'd share because you should know.
Please don't be offended, you've done nothing wrong. I am just pointing it out of concern, since it could be a sign of, or lead to, paranoia. And that's not a good thing.

Ok nevermind, sorry.😅 just to point out things that at least to me happened regularly. Lately i had some spare time to spend with the mod. I'm really unique ;D or veeery unlucky :'(

edit: typos
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:42:41 am by niculinux »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J11 - 27 Jan - Slaves, or Soldiers?
« Reply #6716 on: February 06, 2019, 08:09:50 pm »
Hei, Niculin. ~~  has a verygood talent to spot little changes, see a subtly details in bigger pattern  8)

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: February 06, 2019, 09:06:39 pm »
Same for enemy ship landings; cannot recall much but in Europe the seem to love Soain, Ireland and UK :(
I can confirm this. At least the initial airbus landing spots are 100% scripted, if you start in europe. There are the same 6 spots: spain, ireland, scotland, iceland, denmark and bosnia.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: February 06, 2019, 09:11:00 pm »
After every release, you discover "changes" which never happened. There has been no change in where missions are spawned. Similarly, there has been no significant change in economics (you recently mentioned stuff being more affordable).

Well, I guess he referred to
Quote from: Dioxine
- Buy Prices on basic firearms cut across the board

Though the prices of weapons hardly ever mattered for me. Apart from some of the more special things like Flak Cannons, Big Bens and so on I don't buy weapons.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: February 06, 2019, 09:59:36 pm »
I guess that change was made to mostly help people who choose to use hordes of slave soldiers from the start, since buying weapons for +12 slave soldiers can impact your cashmonies in a somewhat significant way, but not by much, and slave soldiers can't just lug around flak cannons and lmachineguns like its not big deal.
Not sure if this affected tommy guns, which is my favorite really early game weapon alongside shotguns, since they still cost a fair bit for a basic submachinegun, though it does make sense for tommy guns to be rather expensive, considering they were/are infamously expensive IRL.

Now that I'm using slave soldiers, I'm using the "normal" guns in much greater numbers, though the only ones I really care about are the ones that get different ammo types, like the ones that get eletro-pulse and plasteel munitions.