aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610687 times)

niculinux

Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J10 - 28 Dec - Christmas Underground
« Reply #6630 on: January 26, 2019, 09:32:25 am »
Yeah, there is just nuff space in the starting area to hover over rats there by making you immune to attack(you cant melee up, only adjacent) That said you do eventually have to come down cause not all the rats will come through the starting room, which is the only space with assured vertical clearance for the trick.
Suppose i was unlucky then because not so few rats went upstairs in the staring area cauding trouble! I finf strangely an engaging mission if you're not well armored :'(

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J11 - 27 Jan - Slaves, or Soldiers?
« Reply #6631 on: January 27, 2019, 08:17:20 pm »
New version up. Huge update. Enjoy. And shame on donators, yet another of a long line of months with just 1 guy donating.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: January 27, 2019, 11:37:26 pm »

- New Missions: Siztzkrieg

In case this is meant in contrast to "Blitzkrieg", it is actually "Sitzkrieg".

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: January 28, 2019, 08:09:09 am »
How do I get craft with more soldier capacity than the Blowfish? I thought it was, build a workshop, use the drill on the green codex, build the Bonnaventura and or buy the Turtle, done. But a single workshop isn't enough to use the drill, and I can't build any more workshops in the same base. I was looking through videos online and saw some kind of 2x2 workshop, how do I get that/what is it called (looked in the tech tree for Large Workshop and found nothing), or is there some other weird way of getting more workshop space?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: January 28, 2019, 09:47:18 am »
Workshop + still + extractor is enough

niculinux

« Reply #6635 on: January 28, 2019, 09:55:48 am »

In case this is meant in contrast to "Blitzkrieg", it is actually "Sitzkrieg".

Gotta try it ASAP!

How do I get craft with more soldier capacity than the Blowfish? I thought it was, build a workshop, use the drill on the green codex, build the Bonnaventura and or buy the Turtle, done. But a single workshop isn't enough to use the drill, and I can't build any more workshops in the same base. I was looking through videos online and saw some kind of 2x2 workshop, how do I get that/what is it called (looked in the tech tree for Large Workshop and found nothing), or is there some other weird way of getting more workshop space?

AFAIK it is called "factory" i think but i have no idea on how to unlock it  :'(

Offline Bearinger

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: January 28, 2019, 12:23:09 pm »

Have you tried canceling all other projects? Using the drill requires that it be the only project in the workshop at the time and you only get to use about half your runts to complete it.

0.99J8 19-Oct-2018
- Tanks can no longer be used in underground missions

v.J10 28-Dec-2018
- Secret Bases now count as Underground enviro

Also I just saw what you did there, and it makes me sad. My double tank, Spy Zeppelin, Base taking strat is now ruined :(
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:59:44 pm by Bearinger »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6637 on: January 28, 2019, 03:07:29 pm »

Also I just saw what you did there, and it makes me sad. My double tank, Spy Zeppelin, Base taking strat is now ruined :(

Well hard not to see when it's open text. Variety is the name of the game; if your strat was to nuke everything with tanks, you have to try something else in a larger amount of missions. It was also always kind of stupid that tanks fit into tunnels, but I did not think about it seriously until during making the latest batch of crewed tanks, with hovertanks putting stuff into perspective. Unless you suggest something untoward, then I can suggest you something untoward, too.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: January 28, 2019, 03:34:09 pm »
Why is the Red Codex geting so much nice stuff? Great fighty carrier of a menace class that goes underwater too, probably the best out of them, STC crafts with decent gimmics and tons of battlescape content, including some of the most powerful things such as Hellgun and now the Chinese Dragon is limited to it too.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: January 28, 2019, 03:47:53 pm »
But every tank in the game is kind of a mini tank, aren't they? And the "real" tanks are those you build after privatizing world peace.

I like how in Xenonauts you are free to bring a tank to an alien base but every room and corridor was cluttered with random boxes and consoles, granted you could drive over most of them. If we can't do it in openxcom maybe this is a good idea? Make more cluttered enemy base layouts, but give an option to bring a tank and blast your way forward.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: January 28, 2019, 05:42:34 pm »
Tanks are a bit overpowered because the "AI" isn’t written to understand what different weapons are for, so it will happily shoot tank in the front with a gauss pistol and waste a rocket to kill a parrot.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6641 on: January 28, 2019, 10:20:26 pm »
Well, the truth is, the Red Codex has always been heavily criticized by some pr0-h4xx0r players. So no wonder Dioxine decided to boost it a bit, even though I like it a lot myself as well.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: January 28, 2019, 11:17:31 pm »
Hallucinoid voodoo rape is insane. The entire blowfish gets MC'd in 3 turns. The only time i felt like i could break my voluntary ironman and savescum only abandoning 3 gals outside.

I guess the new underwater strategy is to have a throwaway peasant scout and give everyone else 2 anchors so they can't move or swing in case it's them.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: January 28, 2019, 11:33:10 pm »
Okay, you can't bring your tanks to underground bases anymore.  But can the enemy still bring their hovertanks and sectopods?

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: January 29, 2019, 12:44:00 am »
Have you tried canceling all other projects? Using the drill requires that it be the only project in the workshop at the time and you only get to use about half your runts to complete it.

I have Hellerium Distilling and Chataue De La Mort running at all times, when I play next, I'll try shutting them down and using the drill again.