Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609042 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6405 on: November 21, 2018, 09:11:03 am »
I assume the documentation contains schematics for baby nukes. I assume people of earth aren’t ignorant about early 20th century physics and know about the nuclear wars star gods stopped, so the existence of nuclear fission weapons is no secret, they just aren’t allowed to develop them.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6406 on: November 21, 2018, 01:10:40 pm »
But I do not know the schematics of one.

You do. Check Ballista's or DC Mortar's entry.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: November 21, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »
Ah, cool, found it. Thanks.

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: November 23, 2018, 03:41:45 pm »
As far as mods that expand upon the core game(s) go, this mod is still a must have for me. Just recently started a new playthrough after updating to the current 0.99J8 version. Not sure how far I got in my previous playthrough but I'm far more excited about where the new playthrough has in store.

I still mod and cheat to play singleplayer games on my own terms and in my own way to get more out of them, that's just how I roll for years now and it's how escapism works for me the best. The more challenging a game is the more fun it is for me to mow down my foes with a modded/cheaty/witchraft supersoldier I am a Xenophilic Mutant Commando here for a reason you know. So go ahead call me a wierdo, disgusting, dirty mutant, alien scum, cheater or whatever you feel like. Get it out of your system like how I have to get it out of my system about how awesome this mod is.

I mean pillaging, plundering and being free to basically make the game's world one's bitch however one likes, that's just awesome! Thank you, Dioxine!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 04:06:51 pm by Drokkath »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: November 23, 2018, 06:57:29 pm »
As far as mods that expand upon the core game(s) go, this mod is still a must have for me. Just recently started a new playthrough after updating to the current 0.99J8 version. Not sure how far I got in my previous playthrough but I'm far more excited about where the new playthrough has in store.

I still mod and cheat to play singleplayer games on my own terms and in my own way to get more out of them, that's just how I roll for years now and it's how escapism works for me the best. The more challenging a game is the more fun it is for me to mow down my foes with a modded/cheaty/witchraft supersoldier I am a Xenophilic Mutant Commando here for a reason you know. So go ahead call me a wierdo, disgusting, dirty mutant, alien scum, cheater or whatever you feel like. Get it out of your system like how I have to get it out of my system about how awesome this mod is.

I mean pillaging, plundering and being free to basically make the game's world one's bitch however one likes, that's just awesome! Thank you, Dioxine!
You suck, welcome aboard.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6410 on: November 23, 2018, 07:00:28 pm »
No problem, you're welcome, just why such a weird coming out? What do you even mean, dude? You want to disgust me by claiming you're a cheater? Or what?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6411 on: November 23, 2018, 07:06:35 pm »
i cheat a little, abit too, - but only just as way to "update from those frequently versions changes, -e.g. -

- what is more ..(time,/effective)worthly ? :

- manually edit changes needed .."changes after every new versions
?
 - or start new game, after few, respectively after some more versions, editions - and help boost of ..progress, with little cheating ?

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: November 23, 2018, 11:25:27 pm »
No problem, you're welcome, just why such a weird coming out? What do you even mean, dude? You want to disgust me by claiming you're a cheater? Or what?

Aye, I am quite odd indeed, is my nature nowadays. Other than that I'm off to lurking in the shadows again after commenting on this update to the mod.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6413 on: November 24, 2018, 12:39:14 am »
Aye, I am quite odd indeed, is my nature nowadays. Other than that I'm off to lurking in the shadows again after commenting on this update to the mod.

Good, lurkers are the closest to my heart :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J9 - 24 Nov - Needs More Muskets
« Reply #6414 on: November 24, 2018, 10:53:19 pm »
New version up. Enjoy!

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: November 24, 2018, 11:44:43 pm »
New version up. Enjoy!

H-o-o-o-o-o-R-A-y-y-y-y!!!!!!!!!

UPD: Thx for the Impaler nerf. Didn't check yet but probably it will crush balance less with the morale drain.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:12:17 am by Abyss »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: November 25, 2018, 01:14:46 am »
- Update: Base Defenses (SAM/Missile/Fusion get bigger radar, Flak/Laser/Gauss/Plasma maps reworked and a turret for tactical Hideout defense; Flak loses extra crew space; costs adjusted)

Are there plans to eventually add these to enemy hideouts too?

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: November 25, 2018, 03:05:42 am »
0.99J9 24-Nov-2018
- Added cover art by Berggen

The new cover art is also used in the voodoo training screen, and the palette changes are kinda making my eyes hurt. Would it be possible to tweak those?

Edit: Similar palette effect happens when confirming building a new building.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:09:43 am by ivansanchez »

magus1

« Reply #6418 on: November 25, 2018, 03:45:05 am »
Dear Dioxine, thank you and bless you for the change of nuke-things. No more losing a crew in one turn. Yes, I want to nuke them back but the balance is good. If this is not the place to sing and dance about Xpiratez then mea culpa, but I sing and dance...

Love what you do,

Maggy

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: November 25, 2018, 03:49:42 am »
What are the different ship gun classes? I find it hard to figure out when a gun will say "light" in its description, but some not-so-obvious abbreviation in a ship's description.

Also, just saw there's a new version out. Is it possible to use my current saves with newer versions?