aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609224 times)

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J7 - 25 Sep - It Can't Go Wrong
« Reply #6105 on: October 07, 2018, 12:49:16 am »
Is there a mod that works with X-Pirates that modifies how Interceptors plan their routes? I mean instead of going towards current position, interceptor should go towards the destination the UFO is going.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: October 07, 2018, 01:34:28 am »
This is not a mod option, it's an advanced option in OXC but was disabled in OXCE as it causes slowdowns on the geoscape and doesn't play nicely with OXCE's hunter-killer code.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: October 07, 2018, 10:49:22 pm »
Suggest that Impaler is too strong.
Actually, the strongest weapon in the game, except for the Chineese Dragon.
3*V.Power^2 + 100% armor ignore.
Any Gal with V.Power above 55 takes any VIP knocked down with 3 shots. Gal with V.Power 66 - 2 shots. Makes enemy base raids too simple.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: October 07, 2018, 11:48:33 pm »
Disassembling some of the adv. laser clips requires the clip and superconductive wire to yield a lesser quality clip and hellerium. Would it be the wire be part of the yield rather than the ingredients?

Another one. I got two Siberia bases raids in two consecutive months. Is that even possible? I assume it is a game RND issue that may go away by the next month.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: October 08, 2018, 02:10:30 am »
The impaler might be too powerful, but on the other hand you might go an entire campaign without ever seeing one.

As for Siberia, I think it'll keep showing up until you research the Russian Files.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: October 08, 2018, 03:38:26 am »
The impaler might be too powerful, but on the other hand you might go an entire campaign without ever seeing one.

Passed the compaign three times, always got from 2 to 3 Impalers. Right now I don't even understand how they summon in the inventory, thought they are Dark Tower's artifacts. But only raided DT once. Right now got three.

Nevertheless, I think that getting the first one is too easy. And that breaks the challenge.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: October 08, 2018, 06:19:21 am »
I've played 4 or so games in a row without seeing an impaler (BFG's have been pretty scarce lately for me too) so it's all RNG.  I was about to ask here if they got removed from the game lol.  I'm pretty sure I've only ever found them in the little pink ships.  I'm cool with their power level, they're similar to other end game tech.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: October 08, 2018, 07:24:23 am »
As for Siberia, I think it'll keep showing up until you research the Russian Files.
I researched it almost right away. But it's possible the second mission was scheduled before the research was completed.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: October 08, 2018, 09:33:51 am »
Most likely the case, mission are generated at the start of a new month.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: October 08, 2018, 05:20:35 pm »
I started following this mod project quite a while ago, played it then, but stopped due to it not being finished. I figured it was somewhat close to completion back then, but am i correct in assuming that even after so much time, there is still no end in sight in the foreseeable future?

Don't get me wrong, i like that a game has a lot of content, and know that implementing advanced systems on an ancient engine takes time...but it seems that every update adds filler content, e.g. extra weapons to an already bloated sea of possibilities. Why not focus on completing the underlying systems and releasing version 1.0? This seems much more important, because systems change the way you play the game, in contrast to going from 19 weapon choices to 20. And said extra weapons can always be added after version 1.0.

Once again, i'm not questioning the quality, just the priorities.

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: October 08, 2018, 06:32:18 pm »
What would you say is still missing that keeps you from playing it? I mean, you can complete the campaign and after winning you even get an outro. I think it is amazing that you can come back to the mod after a while and discover what has changed since you last played it.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #6116 on: October 08, 2018, 06:48:11 pm »
@Foxhound634
I think that the short answer,  is no.  Its not complete.  Its still pretty far from completion.

There are still a lot of things that Dioxine wants to add, including multiple endings, filling out the current arcs, etc. 

All of these take time, and that is something that is finite for all of us.  The fact that this is one of the most compelling games I've ever played, even in its "incomplete" state makes me happy to wait on the development timeline however quickly or slowly it moves.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: October 08, 2018, 06:57:26 pm »
"finished" and "1.0" have no correlation... it's all just in our heads

the same rationale that keeps you from playing a mod that is not v1.0 yet is keeping dioxine from calling it v1.0... and that rationale is very irrational

in my opinion the mod is in its 3rd or 4th major generation already, so it should have a number like 3.x.x or 4.x.x... but as I said... that thing in the head sometimes doesn't play rational

PS: major.minor.patch.build naming is anyway obsolete in the industry today... exactly for the reasons above... year-month.build naming (or similar) will completely take over in the coming years... all big players have already switched years ago, just look at how Windows updates are called, how Ubuntu versions are named, etc.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:59:19 pm by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6118 on: October 08, 2018, 07:38:42 pm »
Well, why not call it 1.0? Short answer is, because I don't feel it's finished... and it's not about adding minor stuff. I won't feel it's finished untill all 6 planned endings are in place... And why I am not focusing on it? Well I am, but first, this is a large undertaking, second, I'm getting sidetracked all the time :)
I believe in shared experience in games. That's why I won't call it 1.0 before I feel like I can die tomorrow and be content with everyone playing that version.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: October 08, 2018, 09:00:44 pm »
Also we wouldn't want you to burn out because you feel the need to put an end to it or to implement this thing asap while that other thing is way more interesting to you.