aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3667375 times)

KZad Bhat

Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J6b - 2 Sep - The Dwindling Flame
« Reply #5970 on: September 06, 2018, 09:34:44 am »
You can also get grav units from Megapol Enforcers and Apemen.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J6b - 2 Sep - The Dwindling Flame
« Reply #5971 on: September 06, 2018, 01:39:31 pm »
Can we do stat boosting Consumables with new Soldier Transformation mechanic? Eating Cakes on the battlefield is such a chore.
Something like
 Magical Tea Party - consume Magical Cake (and Rum) for +10Bravery and X Reaction.
 Boosted Surgery - consume Regeneration Chamber and some Hellerium, decrease Wounded by X. (can Wounded go negative without crashes?)
 Youth Injection - consume Longevity Serum, get +10 on all stats, lose X Bravery
and so on.

Offline incas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: September 07, 2018, 05:04:41 am »
@Dioxine
Is the mod balanced around a certain difficulty level?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: September 08, 2018, 12:29:24 am »
Can we do stat boosting Consumables with new Soldier Transformation mechanic? Eating Cakes on the battlefield is such a chore.
Something like
 Magical Tea Party - consume Magical Cake (and Rum) for +10Bravery and X Reaction.
 Boosted Surgery - consume Regeneration Chamber and some Hellerium, decrease Wounded by X. (can Wounded go negative without crashes?)
 Youth Injection - consume Longevity Serum, get +10 on all stats, lose X Bravery
and so on.

I think there is now enough transformation boost. Gladiatorial, shakeup, repentance, and you have classic gyms, Luxury Spa, etc.

Those consumables are one battle boosts.

@Dioxine
Is the mod balanced around a certain difficulty level?

Blackbeard if I remember well., maybe davy jones.

KZad Bhat

Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J6b - 2 Sep - The Dwindling Flame
« Reply #5974 on: September 08, 2018, 11:46:09 am »
Yes, it's balanced to Blackbeard, the default difficulty of a new game in XPiratez. And from experience, I can tell you Captain Kidd can actually be harder once you get to mid-game, because it's difficult to get the things you need to research to go further, as well as to get enough prisoners to interrogate. I haven't carried one on long, but I think Jack Sparrow may get marginally easier than the others, if played right, at the mid- to late-game point because you keep facing so much more in tech and people, and those people are harder to kill . . . especially when you'd rather knock them out.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: September 08, 2018, 04:27:35 pm »
I have a love/hate relationship with the JS difficulty.  I love all the extra loot, but hate the hour long combat missions required to get said loot.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: September 09, 2018, 02:50:57 am »
JS is hard. Yes, you have extra loot, but as Zippicus says, the battles can get really long. The other thing is that the extra loot can be good, but errors in JS are really harsh, and crackdowns/bases/pogrom can get very tricky. An "early" (Starting second year) mercenary/church/stargod crackdown in your early base and you are totally scrub, and normally, those years crackdowns mean lot of sacrificed units. I do the shameful month savescumm when I have a really bad month. (At least I need to repeat all the month with a new seed. Don't hate me :P). And you have to run a lot from missions.

I don´t think the "extra loot" is unbalancing considering everything. In the end, you need to advance much faster in JS so you don´t get a game over. I think JS without the extra loot could get between Nintendo Hard and Unwinnable.

I think Superhuman Xcom file is harder.. (At least, that is my impression).

In the end, I think the balance of Piratez  is very good in all the difficult levels. But I have not tried less than Davy. (I´m masochist  ;D).

Maybe, if there is a way to get some items just a little costly in JS (Ships, for example, or manufacturing cost of some non-intended to be profitable items.) (And just a little more  :P), that can be interesting. But I think there is not code in the engine for that.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: September 09, 2018, 04:53:34 pm »
How do you perform Gladiatorial training? I have beast den, but I don't see any option to perform anything. RMB just open the content, there is no manufacture, nor in soldier diary I don't see any option.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: September 09, 2018, 04:57:23 pm »
How do you perform Gladiatorial training? I have beast den, but I don't see any option to perform anything. RMB just open the content, there is no manufacture, nor in soldier diary I don't see any option.
Hands menu in basescape has a dropdown submenu in its left-bottom corner, training and soldier transformation are done from there.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: September 09, 2018, 05:42:59 pm »
Duh... My brain simply ignores this drop down :/

Why gladiatorial training reduces skills that are over the max ?

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: September 09, 2018, 08:14:52 pm »
Duh... My brain simply ignores this drop down :/

Why gladiatorial training reduces skills that are over the max ?
If I get that right that mechanic is meant for soldier transormation. During Gladiatorial Training Gal gets converted to Gal and overflowing stats get cut down to cap defined by its soldier type.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: September 11, 2018, 12:54:52 am »
Where can I capture technomancer?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: September 11, 2018, 07:00:04 am »
Where can I capture technomancer?
Cave of the Technomancer. Part of the Red Mage storyline.

Offline AgentFransis

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: September 13, 2018, 02:50:24 pm »
Holy moly the destructor outfit is cool. Just built my first one and went to a merc base to test drive it. It combos amazingly well with the hellblade (by design I imagine): It's not apparent at first sight but the hellblade's vamp effect works for any damage you do while holding it, not just damage with the sword itself. So if a destructor gal holding a hellblade nukes a merc she gets back a bunch of TU and morale (and health if you need it). Then you pop combat drugs to restore the energy used and you can then fire again - which in turn restores the morale lost to the combat drugs - ad infinum potentially. I managed to do four ball of annihilation shots in a turn like this.

I also tried just meleeing with the hellblade with a crystal skull in the other hand. You sure get your TUs back all right but you run out of energy way too fast. I think I'd rather just use a force blade for melee.

Does anyone here use the drug dispensers? I thought about it but I'm pretty sure I'd rather just pop combat drugs when I need them rather than sacrifice a bunch of inventory space for a weaker effect over time. Especially when my battles now tend toward the short and explosive. On a related note: can syns panic?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5984 on: September 13, 2018, 05:40:36 pm »
I suppose Syns will panic if their Morale drops below 50. However, they do get constant Morale recovery and do not suffer Morale loss due to friendly casaulties (or at least they shouldn't). Therefore they can lose Morale only to Morale-damaging weapons.
Also it's nice to see when a player puts high-end equipment to good use :)