Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609948 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5775 on: July 27, 2018, 04:01:54 pm »
Reticulans may not spawn due to faction crowding.

But if they spawn, you'll get plenty of them doing trading missions.
Also you can RNG an Imperial Drone and get ALL of the reticulan faction's member in one swoop. Not garanteed but possible.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: July 27, 2018, 05:05:49 pm »
It was near the end of year 1 before I saw my first sectoid.  Took that opportunity to grab everything I needed from them as well as buy an elder from Saya rather than wait for a sectoid bunker mission.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the Govt/Reticulan Files got changed from the last time I played.  Now it's just the Reticulan Files and it lets you research any live sectoids you might've missed (which is apparently still possible as Reticulan Hive is still a possible free tech).  However, they no longer tell you about govt fusion cruisers and govt sirens, seems you have to actually attack those now to learn about them.  In that case, I'd rather just leave them alone like I always did; why attack the hand that feeds you, especially now that they're buffed with sectoid tech?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:11:18 pm by BBHood217 »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: July 27, 2018, 10:36:25 pm »
Damn that new backdoor for the airbus caught me by surprise xD
At least the nurse was so fucking surprised that all her varmint rifle shots failed cqc check.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5778 on: July 27, 2018, 11:44:14 pm »
Snakemen spawn super early if you play on Jack Sparrow.

niculinux

« Reply #5779 on: July 28, 2018, 05:37:30 pm »
Snakemen spawn super early if you play on Jack Sparrow.
in oct 2601 on that mode, never aae them. neither in j.xx branch.

And hey, in sept i had a base attack by the dark ones, but still had not enconter them, aside a small failed tentatuve on the hhot pursuit mission. That was th 4th attempt, before had academy and ratmen! But may bask attack from doom enemies made more rare? ( it spawned s 50+ expedition wich im always not able to take out with 10 gals and warrior armors musjets and shotguns, other 7/8 are wounded yeah im quite adventouros!) Since they are devilish foes, they are not supposed to have "intelligence", may be made into someone else (humanists using them) puppets? I'sse these only on ground mission/random encounter (such as doomed faem mission) othervise i'll have to edit my .sav file before the raid takes place changing diff levelbto beat such attack, i've done and actually it worked!!

edit: are the zombies sopposed to csrry only UAC weapons? i. vase ceackdowns ive seen some with more standard weapons (heavy shotguns) and even some unarned
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:40:20 pm by niculinux »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: July 29, 2018, 05:37:22 pm »
Is it still possible to capture Sectopods? I had a few going down stunned, but they died instead.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: July 30, 2018, 02:22:03 am »
Not anymore.  Like in regular Xcom, sectopods have become just as uncapturable as cyberdiscs.  So now I have to once again question their disassembly manufacturing options that will most likely never ever gonna get used ever.

I'm still surprised that tanks and hovertanks can be captured.  I mean if you can miraculously capture a hovertank and research it, you'll be able to get Hovertank Chassis for free and start building your own right away.  Well, provided you have some fuel capsules.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: July 30, 2018, 03:21:20 am »
Eh id call it balanced, at least with Dioxine semi supporting/including the more tanks sub mod. The piloted versions of HWPs like discs and sectopods are better in every respect but HP then there normal counterparts.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: July 30, 2018, 10:35:19 am »
All super-crucial technologies that require captives function as intended as far as I can remember.
100% techtree is impossible to unlock and gives no reward anyway.

As long as a sectopod and cyberdisk leave a salvage husk behind, you can build them from scratch.
I doubt it's intended to 'stun' and 'mindcontrol' those terror-units. It worked in vanilla, because spaghetti coding and OP psyonics but we're talking business in piratez.

If you guys risk your squad to wipe during capture-attempts of cyberdisks and sectopods do me a favour:
Do it on Jack Sparrow Mode with Supermutant enabled. ;)

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: July 30, 2018, 03:17:12 pm »
There's really no point in capturing "live" cyberdisks or sectopods.  If you look through the tech tree both wrecks and the actual units give the exact same research topic, and there's no extra research dependencies requiring a "live" subject.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: July 30, 2018, 04:08:59 pm »
The "difference" was the amount of components you got from disassembly of a live robo unit capture. You need 2 killed units per HWP you build for yourself, or 1 live.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: July 30, 2018, 09:25:51 pm »
The "difference" was the amount of components you got from disassembly of a live robo unit capture. You need 2 killed units per HWP you build for yourself, or 1 live.

I shall not mindcontrol robots, unless I plug my brain into it's USB-drive.
I can roll with the rule of "un-stunnable" and "no mind, no control". With a portion of reality in mind, the only way to 'stun' a robot is to fry the circuits (emp etc.)
Result is a non-functioning husk with destroyed insides. Academy and stargods are smart enough to hide the on/off- switch somewhere save and sound so some shipwrecked pirates can't turn around their pets against themselves. They sure can but only with reverse-engineering!

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: July 31, 2018, 02:39:50 am »
Then get rid of the disassembly options that'll obviously never ever gonna get used, hide them like with the boomosaurus ammo so new players don't get the wrong idea that cyberdiscs and sectopods might be capturable when they really cannot ever be.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: July 31, 2018, 03:49:06 am »
Then get rid of the disassembly options that'll obviously never ever gonna get used, hide them like with the boomosaurus ammo so new players don't get the wrong idea that cyberdiscs and sectopods might be capturable when they really cannot ever be.

I might be remembering this wrong but I thought the disassembly options were put in due to people doing crazy things like lifting off their ship with said terror units on board.  And who knows what the future holds, maybe they might be able to be captured sometime.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: July 31, 2018, 04:13:34 am »
The option is fine to exist and remain "supported" but yes it should be hidden when not possible.