aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612036 times)

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G1 - 25 May - Evasive Maneuvers
« Reply #4695 on: June 18, 2017, 10:07:20 am »
Fair enough. From what you've said it sounds like the problem is relatively recent, so my previous playthroughs weren't in great danger from the problem; and for my current playthrough I probably just had sufficient luck for it to not be a problem.

I can imagine that unseen ratmen patrols and such could generate negative points without the player being able to do anything about it. I just don't have a strong sense of the magnitude of the effect.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: June 18, 2017, 03:23:56 pm »
1-2k negative score per month.

Even if it doesn't kill you, it almost certainly torpedoes your economy by countering infamy bonus and eliminating protection payment increase. Finishing early months deep in the red really hurts your ability to progress.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: June 18, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »
1-2k negative score per month.

Even if it doesn't kill you, it almost certainly torpedoes your economy by countering infamy bonus and eliminating protection payment increase. Finishing early months deep in the red really hurts your ability to progress.

Exactly. Playing with infamy bonus is allready hard to determine (the game continues to warn the player that upkeep is too high because protection-money is non-existent) and -500 and more screws you completely over to a point of preventing any production in your extractors and with basic gear you can't get into the green to supply yourself. I went red in january and only got lucky with a landing in febuary to not "game over".

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: June 25, 2017, 02:42:17 pm »
@Dioxine

Anything fancy coming for the next installment?
Did you found a way to prevent 'random' score dumping in the first year/months?

I would suggest to gate excavators somewhere behind a research topic. Just like the gov. fusion cruiser?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4699 on: June 25, 2017, 04:25:28 pm »
How many times have I to explain that current score trouble is a result of a silly bug (I've assigned flight scoring to missions, instead of ufos).

Also yea, a lot of fancy things, of course ; )

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: June 27, 2017, 07:59:25 pm »

Also yea, a lot of fancy things, of course ; )

Nice!

I forgot: Are pilots reciving stat improvements from successful piloting tasks?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: June 27, 2017, 08:03:30 pm »
I forgot: Are pilots reciving stat improvements from successful piloting tasks?

Yes.

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: July 02, 2017, 05:57:22 pm »
With this score bug would you guys say it's best to hold off on starting a new game until the next version is released?

Offline Marduk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: July 02, 2017, 06:36:09 pm »
With this score bug would you guys say it's best to hold off on starting a new game until the next version is released?
Started 2 games on this one, did't get it. Heard other people did though.

Also, Bloodhounds are ridiculous, their attack needs a +armor% nerf. They do meaningful damage even through plate armor and loader suits.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:38:23 pm by Marduk »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: July 02, 2017, 06:48:29 pm »
The 'lucky ones' don't spawn excavator-missions during thier first months.

Those do so much score-damage that they negate all efforts during these months (denying bonus money at the end of the month) and even threating you with a "game over" warning.
The unfair part is that you can't do shit against that if these happen to drill outside your radar/airbus reach.
Also I doubt you can fight an excavator-crew with 6 hands and the utmost starting equipment without save-scumming.

(or you're just 'that tough' like everyone else on this board and manage to do it on JS Iron(wo)man without casulties) /s

Bloodhounds are fine, if you let them bite you, you deserve to die. Use grav-packs and crafts that can only be entered using elevators (such a green snake) to deny thier melee-attacks.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:00:45 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4705 on: July 02, 2017, 07:10:08 pm »
Those do so much score-damage that they negate all efforts during these months (denying bonus money at the end of the month) and even threating you with a "game over" warning.
The unfair part is that you can't do shit against that if these happen to drill outside your radar/airbus reach.
Also I doubt you can fight an excavator-crew with 6 hands and the utmost starting equipment without save-scumming.

Excavator crew is pretty much a joke, not much harder than crackhouse bandits. The problem is, it rarely spawns within range so cannot be really countered until month 2.
Also, they do not negate all efforts, just force using as many brainers as possible, as soon as possible, which is forcing a single strategy - not good.

Offline Marduk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: July 02, 2017, 07:26:27 pm »
The 'lucky ones' don't spawn excavator-missions during thier first months.

With some looted weapons you can deal with them easily, they are just trader guild mooks.
But yeah. you are screwed if they spawn before you can do much about them or out-point the mission effect.
Bloodhounds are fine, if you let them bite you, you deserve to die. Use grav-packs and crafts that can only be entered using elevators (such a green snake) to deny thier melee-attacks.
That's kind of my point - that's all sensible early game tricks to deal with them, but you should not need to be using all the early game tricks against a mook animal when you have freaking power armor, that's ridiculous.
It's as ridiculous as the anti cyberdisc dogs, dunno if that still works.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:30:11 pm by Marduk »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4707 on: July 02, 2017, 07:37:51 pm »
It's as ridiculous as the anti cyberdisc dogs, dunno if that still works.

I hope so, dogs are awesome. 8)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: July 02, 2017, 09:03:00 pm »
But dogs can't 'aye' crysalisks and they panic on thier own due to mediocre bravery.
Dog's would be more awesome if they wouldn't use a whole HWP slot.

Considering how huge a bloodhound is, it's no surprise that they just chew through any layer of armor.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: July 02, 2017, 10:59:50 pm »
Just did a quick Testrun for 10min to check how far someone can survive without doing nothing and only do research.
Jack Sparrow difficulty.

January: -1000
February;: +24
March: -2000
April: -2250

Much RNG with enemy activity. Don't respond to anything means nothing with global missions breaking your neck instead.