aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612396 times)

Offline LadonLegend

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99E.2 - 18 Nov - Dead in Space 2
« Reply #3750 on: December 10, 2016, 06:49:58 am »
Do Reticulans stop spawning at some point or have I just been unlucky? I'm at a research bottleneck because I never got a mechtoid corpse.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: December 10, 2016, 07:33:37 am »
It's not uncommon for factions to be absent from play for months at a time. Aside from the trade guild since they have more mission types then any other faction by a substantial margin.

I'm presently twiddling my thumbs waiting for academy engineer number 2 to show up. I've seen all of 1 in 4 years of game time. There is nothing resembling assured even distribution of spawns. Part of the reason why we are allowed to purchase vips.   

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: December 10, 2016, 09:55:56 am »
As of currently, zombies have full psi vision of your units and have Aggression set to 6. I will dial it up to 8 but probably the difference will be slight.
is there a noticeable behavior difference in setting the aggression value so high?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3753 on: December 10, 2016, 01:00:02 pm »
That depends on whether vanilla has higher values than 8 in their rulesets or not. If they only have 8 or lower - no problem. If they use higher values, event though it did not result in combat odds above 2, then it would change vanilla behavior.

The highest value for both games is only 2, so no problem here.

is there a noticeable behavior difference in setting the aggression value so high?

From my observations, not really, but every % counts.

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: December 10, 2016, 04:50:01 pm »
Awesome mod, but there is two things that annoy me a lot.

1. Last alien problem. Nearly half of mission time is looking for hi. Could it be done that if there is only fraction of enemy remains, and some time passed, they are either surrender or actively move towards your soldiers?

2. Too many weird prerequisites in research tree. It took my over a year of game time to get to workshop - because I had no idea that workshop needs Molotov's cocktail for some reason.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: December 10, 2016, 04:54:46 pm »
Are you playing the most recent version?  99.E.1 ( I believe) introduced both surrenders and bug-hunt mode.

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: December 10, 2016, 05:50:22 pm »
Yes, I play 099.E.1 and sometimes there are surrenders, but quite rare. What is bug-hunt mode?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: December 10, 2016, 07:45:01 pm »
After turn 20 and with 2 or fewer enemies, they show up on the minimap.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: December 11, 2016, 12:08:59 am »
I'd like to mention that bug-hunt mode really saved me recently on a mansion mission. It turns out that there was a church matron stuck in a small inaccessible room such that I had to shoot through a couple of walls to get to it - but the room was so small that the matron didn't move at all, ever - and so I couldn't find her with my Aye phone.

I would have spent ages looking if it wasn't for bug-hunt mode. (I only had two aye phones on the mission; so I was still thinking that maybe the enemy had slipped past me while I was trying to sweep through the map, and so I was doing second and third sweeps...)

Speaking of mansion missions. The text at the start of the mission seems to imply that we should just try to grab some loot and then leave, rather than trying to kill everything. And that sounds like a pretty cool mission idea - in that you're sneaking past guards, grabbing the high-value loot, slitting the throats of those who you happen to have their backs turned at the wrong time...  The main problem is that it takes so long to find the valuable loot that by far the easiest way is to just kill everyone. Maybe the grab-and-run strategy would be more viable if all of the high-value loot was stored just in a couple of rooms on the bottom floor. That way we'd know that if we got to those rooms, we'd found the bulk of the high-value stuff, and so it would be reasonable to run rather than stay around trying to enslave everyone. ... and it would help if the spare equipment from our craft was stored in the exit area so that we didn't have to find that too. For mansion missions as they currently are, I wouldn't even consider staying to kill everyone unless I was losing badly. (Of course, enslaving everyone is still super-high value even if there was no loot at all; so most players would probably stay until the end even if grabbing the loot was easy.)

While I'm here, I'd also like to say that I've really enjoyed the new underwater missions - Particularly when I only could get to them with my air-car, and so I had a tiny team. There was a nice sense of planning and adventure in choosing the right 4 gals for the mission; choosing the right equipment; carrying around oxygen tanks; hiding behind things; deciding whether I have enough oxygen to gulp a few doses just for the extra stamina, or if I should just take it slow for a few turns...     sea monsters swimming out from the hole made by the blown out (h)elerium core; cross bows and harpoon guns...     ...  Yeah, it was pretty fun - mostly just because it was quite different to the other missions.

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: December 11, 2016, 12:27:33 am »
Is there an info about what vehicles fit for underwater missions somewhere? I don't see anything neither on mission page, nor vehicle pages in Bootypedia.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: December 11, 2016, 12:17:55 pm »
Started a new game today. Lets see how we get on. I have forgotten everything but hopefully it all comes back before I get wiped out.

LOL at Bootypedia entry for Hawtkeys (CTRL + T crashes the game)!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 12:27:22 pm by Cristao »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: December 11, 2016, 07:16:13 pm »
I wrote a letter to the northpol:

Dear Santa Dioxine,

for christmas I wish me a new patch to fill my holidays.
"Send nudes" ain't worked last time and I got a bag of coals instead.

Yours sincerely
A naughty boi

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: December 11, 2016, 11:07:42 pm »
All I can say is wow. Finally got Drill and Codex research. Going to read Bootypedia.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3763 on: December 12, 2016, 03:38:47 pm »
I wrote a letter to the northpol:

Dear Santa Dioxine,

for christmas I wish me a new patch to fill my holidays.
"Send nudes" ain't worked last time and I got a bag of coals instead.

Yours sincerely
A naughty boi

Something is in the works, aye. Any special wishes? Just don't wish new missions or mechanics, they take a lot to produce and the Christmas season is pretty hectic :)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: December 12, 2016, 06:44:01 pm »
An icebear drops a folded letter into Santa Dioxine's mailbox.

Naughty Boi is realy happy to pledge his wish(es).

After finding out that Mountain Dew tastes rather 'bad' he wishes for the following:

Plasma Tommy Gun (green/blue instead of red particles for the picture with the same stats as the laser tommy)
Chainmail + Shield like you did for the Barbarian Suit?
A Suit like the Harbinger but instead it is good against piercing (Piercing 65-75%) with same armor value. Trade-off is increased damage suffered by laser shots.

Yours sincerely
The same and still naughty boi