aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3671432 times)

Offline Dyne

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99E.2 - 18 Nov - Dead in Space 2
« Reply #3630 on: November 18, 2016, 06:09:18 pm »
Is there currently a way to 'reconvince' Zero-Tolerance countries to fund you again?

And thank you for the bugfix and new version!

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: November 18, 2016, 08:48:11 pm »
Ah described like that i can see where your going. Thanks for shareing Dioxine.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: November 18, 2016, 10:37:35 pm »
@Dyne:
Nope, once they stopped the payments, they're gone. You still have the same rule like the original with losing too many = gg

Not like you actually 'need' thier money. It just pays your bills for maintains and paychecks for the crew but the real money is shoveled by manufacturing, looting, slavery and hookers.

Sell X-Grog and Chateau to the world and you'll swim in gold.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: November 18, 2016, 11:33:59 pm »
re: i-Gun
Yeah I kinda figured it was like "shooting money at you". Treasure thats dangerous but its just there so you can sell it. But I gotta say I just love the concept behind it and the "nerf laspistol" like this is realistic stuff that civilians might have in those days. Sharp guys carry them, they're made of money, so they have the best toys civilians are offered. Reminds me of the dude from Firefly who had the laser pistol.

re: Pachyderm
So whats the story behind this thing, it says it has 400 fuel but that seems really low, also says it uses hellerium. I never understood the exchange rate between normal fuel craft and those that use alien fuel? Does the mileage mean every 50 miles is 1 fuel point? (so it can reach a target mission potentially up to 10,000 miles away?)

I loved the stats on the Pachyderm but I never bought one because I figured it wouldnt be able to get outside my radar range, just a thing to shoot things down before they reach my base.

re: Sell X-Grog and Chateau to the world.
yeah... now all that needs to be done is to be able to Purchase Apples from Jack's...
there's gotta be a fruit stand somewhere around that place, ill spend 1000 for an Apple...

I really just dont get enough apples in my diet out on those missions.

but without funding it means its harder to stockpile all the money you'll need to pay for all those expensive weapons, and for those really expensive buildings (I know from peeking that they go up into the 10s of millions at some point).

re: US Military being Middle Ages
Sadly the Navy Seals at least consider firearms to be a "Knife that can reach out 100+ feet". Their emphasis is on slashing necks from behind, if they can get up close and shoot somebody at point blank range with a pistol they would, a gun just gives them the opportunity to put them down at a distance more safely. They'd shoot somebody from 50 feet away rather than 300 if they can get up that close, because thats less chance they'll miss.

They carried the Stoner LMG for years because its lightweight and has a belt feed, but they'd also carry RPD for the same reason (and because it uses 7.62x39mm). Any pounds they could shave off their weapon were pounds more of ammunition they could carry. An M-16 was inconvenient because it had to be reloaded 6 times as often.

They actually dont do much in the way of long range Sniper work, those are the Force Recon guys. The navy seal sniper is abit of a misnomer - if he can hit a bottlecap at 60 yards with a suppressed smg thats all he needs to be able to do (but thats still quite a challenge). If they carry a sniper rifle its probably for armor penetration and firepower, the feat it can accomplish.

They are like modernized Spartans... if you took spartans from ancient sparta and educated them for a few years, and then taught them modern combat techniques, they would fit right in. So I think people get the idea abit wrong about what it means to be a navy seal.

Other special operations forces branches, depending on which branch it is are also often much different than people think they are. Green Berets do propaganda, gun running, and scapegoat missions.

getting "off the X" is also a major, major deal for the seals... if there's danger, you dont want to be there, if you can use your skills to get the job done in the least risky manner thats what you do (and working as a team increases those skills). Its nice to entertain thoughts about how a navy seal would handle being dropped into Silent Hill or Doom but rather than fight they'd actually hide as well as they could or they'd do their best to get out.

The russian underwater guns I believe are the most advanced in the world right now.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:36:29 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: November 18, 2016, 11:49:52 pm »
You still have to take in account that the craft needs fuel to return to the hideout.

Yeah, apples are expensive to get and rare to find.
I can't realy give any more advice other than use your workshops to maximum. Chateau isn't even the best item to sell on mass.

Sadly I can't help you much with checking your gamefile as I run my own game on 0.99E until I made it to mars.
What is the biggest problem you face at the moment? Where is your starting hideout?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: November 19, 2016, 12:06:37 am »
Snip

So whats the story behind this thing, it says it has 400 fuel but that seems really low, also says it uses hellerium. I never understood the exchange rate between normal fuel craft and those that use alien fuel? Does the mileage mean every 50 miles is 1 fuel point? (so it can reach a target mission potentially up to 10,000 miles away?)

I loved the stats on the Pachyderm but I never bought one because I figured it wouldnt be able to get outside my radar range, just a thing to shoot things down before they reach my base.

Snip

As i understand the mileage stat it IS x miles per unit. The pachy is meant to be an interim craft between the airbus and finishing your bonny variant if you are particularly flush.

Offline the Ring Dang Doo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: November 19, 2016, 12:25:52 am »

The Pachyderm is fast enough to let you do a certain mission type that you can't do with an Airbus.

re: Sell X-Grog and Chateau to the world.
yeah... now all that needs to be done is to be able to Purchase Apples from Jack's...
there's gotta be a fruit stand somewhere around that place, ill spend 1000 for an Apple...

I really just dont get enough apples in my diet out on those missions.

Pay attention to which mission types do get you apples, and you'll soon know who grows the apples in the world of tomorrow.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: November 19, 2016, 12:52:08 am »
The Pachyderm is fast enough to let you do a certain mission type . . . Pay attention to which mission types do get you apples.

only thing I noticed about the Pachyderm was the gun mounts and damage capacity, I havent noticed any special missions coming up that other craft (like the aircar, my go-to ride) arent able to reach (they even go underwater)

yeah the lokknars and ratmen maps have the most apples, and also sometimes shantytown maps that randomly spawn with other missions (but even then its still not enough, not nearly enough). These missions the player has no control over dictating, they come up at selected times or at random, it cant be pushed.

thats why I try to shoot down ufos over forest locations so that I can get the Steel Forest map and get the purple Boomfruits I love using so much, but there are no forest terrains that are 100% certain to give you Steel Forest since the types of Forest you get even from one forest terrain geoscape area seem to vary widely.

(animal hunts dont count, in almost every scenario with bloodhounds, chupacabras, or even megascorpions I am only ABLE to kill a few of them and then have to retreat though usually I retrieve all the corpses that I killed. besides these have random terrains anyway so there's no way to dictate wanting a map with apples or boom fruits on it)

I wish there was Harvest missions, just like the animal hunts, like "we're gonna go here and pick as many apples as we can, this traders guild run orchard has bushels of apples and we want our piece of apple pie". Likewise with the steel forests, maybe academy people performing experiments on that stuff in addition to other things.

(just an engine limitation, that you cant actually just go Land your ship somewhere and plunder the environment even if there's nobody around to terrorize)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: November 19, 2016, 01:20:15 am »
The mileage stat is how much fuel is generated by using 1 unit of hellerium from your stores, so the Pachyderm requires 400 (fuel capacity) / 50 (mileage) = 8 hellerium for a full tank of gas.  The actual range of the craft is related to the speed and amount of fuel it carries; all the hellerium powered craft can get from one side of the world to the other just fine.  You'll find that they are much more fuel efficient than they look, for the most part.  The Pachyderm's weapon slot is only a bonus, it shines as being a really fast transport with a significant step-up in crew capacity over the aircar and airbus, plus it can go to certain special missions.  You really shouldn't be worried about damage capacity if you're still running the battery-powered vehicles.

Edit: For comparison, the vanilla Firestorm had mileage = 5 and fuel capacity = 20, and could go a potential of 14000 nautical miles at speed 4200.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:28:16 am by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: November 19, 2016, 01:28:53 am »
The ufopeadia website states that for elerium powered craft, one fuel unit equals 10 minutes of flight time. I believe that is still true for Piratez. So a Pachyderm could fly for 4000 minutes on a full tank. The milage rating is a bit misleading. Airtime rating would be more appropriate, as it is tied to the time flying and not to the distance traveled. For example, all bonny variants have the same milage rating (20), but the faster variants are actually more fuel efficient because they need less time to get somewhere.

Note: Craft that doen't need fuel operate totally different when it comes to fuel capacity.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:30:52 am by Eddie »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: November 19, 2016, 02:01:34 am »
Edit: For comparison, the vanilla Firestorm had mileage = 5 and fuel capacity = 20, and could go a potential of 14000 nautical miles at speed 4200.

Never really noticed how much it used in vanilla, but based on that logic does that mean a full refill for the Firestorm uses 4 elerium?

(if pachyderm has 400 fuel and 50 mileage and thus uses 8 hellerium, using the same equation 20 fuel and 5 mileage = 20/5 = 4 elerium?)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: November 19, 2016, 02:11:25 am »
If that's what mileage actually means, completely incorrect term usage then.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: November 19, 2016, 02:41:06 am »
Yes, the Firestorm requires 4 elerium to refuel.

As for the terminology, 'mileage' doesn't mean much by itself, though it's often used to mean miles per gallon.  It could be called differently here, but the value you're seeing written in Bootypedia is taken directly from the ruleset definition of the craft, and is the closest ruleset-defined number to a fuel efficiency.  True units for distance traveled per unit hellerium would be max speed multiplied by the listed mileage, but you'd probably have to do some unit conversion.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: November 19, 2016, 03:16:12 am »
Mmmm, well then guess i have to live with the problem since its an engine caused irritant. >:(

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3644 on: November 19, 2016, 07:31:16 am »
The name maybe isn't too fortunate, but it actually means how many units of internal craft fuel will be generated from fuelling the ship with 1 unit of Hellerium (which also takes an hour); this information is in the in-game Bootypedia, by the way. So it doesn't in any way influence ship's range, which is dependant ONLY on the max fuel stat. Speed is irrelevant as well.