Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609923 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99D.1 - 31 Oct - Learning not to Drown
« Reply #3465 on: November 01, 2016, 05:18:21 pm »
As for the eject button, I will firmly oppose it unless it's accompanied by the risk of death and injury in air combat & ejection. Else it's a stupid "get out of jail free" card.

I thought more about adding a decision: should I eject now, or do I stay in the cockpit and try to save the whole ship? But I'm not sure how it'd work.

And I'm certainly not against risk of injury; actually, we could even have injuries from simply getting ship damage, caused by rough shaking and exploding consoles. :)

Plus there's the "save the pilot" mission idea.

Yeah, but to make it work, we'd have to have ground combat emulate MoO2's ground combat.  :)

Are we getting Battleoids then? :P
Anyway, as I said, the turn-based air combat was a very loose idea. I'd just like to see a more competent air combat engine, and I can't see improving the vanilla one.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: November 02, 2016, 12:03:10 am »
Maybe we should do the aircombat discussion in another thread
-> https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5019.0.html

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3467 on: November 02, 2016, 04:34:16 pm »
*Wanders back in*

Oh hey, cool, a new version!  And yeah, Dioxine forwarded me sprites ahead of time to update the Alt-Corpses mod, but my life has been absolutely crazy and I've had no time to address this.

So question here to the players:  Is there interest in having Alt-Corpses still up to date or is the new built-in functionality sufficient?  (I assume the latter is what I've been seeing in Meridian's LP)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:40:21 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: November 02, 2016, 04:38:51 pm »
Hey Ivan, you're back!  I quite like the built-in functionality, both using it myself and seeing it in the LPs, and it's surely less work to maintain for you than making new sprites for Alt-Corpses...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3469 on: November 02, 2016, 05:25:50 pm »
It doesn't need maintaining at all, and it's not Ivan's, the 2 sprites I made for it are obviously uglier than his work :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: November 02, 2016, 05:36:36 pm »
That was the point I was trying to make - his idea, but now with no busywork for him, so he can get on to spriting other things!  Ivan, maybe you can release the red crosses and z's sprites you used for the AltCorpses mod as an alternative to the ones in the built-in functionality?

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: November 03, 2016, 03:43:40 am »
Given that there are different TU costs for moving equipment to different slots in the inventory screen, i find it hard to remember it all (and having to experiment blindly is a chore). Would it be possible to pick up an item from one slot and have the TU cost appear for whatever slot that your cursor is currently hovering over?

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: November 03, 2016, 08:11:40 am »
Just upgraded to 099D1. Looks good - Should be able to put in some play time tonight.

The change to the Inventory images was nice - I will be makeing this change to my Armour mod tonight - as was the new armours. Though, I'll have to make some changes to my rulesets to stop My Extra runt armours from over-lapping with the Brainer diveing suits.

FYI - Male Image #1 in the Piratez Alternate Armor - Smoke mod should be body33_M0_pir.gif not body33_M00_pir.gif. Its the only one mis-labled as far as I can see.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: November 03, 2016, 10:12:02 am »
Given that there are different TU costs for moving equipment to different slots in the inventory screen, i find it hard to remember it all (and having to experiment blindly is a chore). Would it be possible to pick up an item from one slot and have the TU cost appear for whatever slot that your cursor is currently hovering over?

This is already done, no?

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: November 03, 2016, 03:25:43 pm »
This is already done, no?

Oh i wouldn't know, it's been over half a year since i last played the mod, but thumbs up if it is already a thing :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: November 03, 2016, 06:40:30 pm »
Yes, it is already done. Might be an option you have to turn on though.

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: November 05, 2016, 09:29:41 am »
I can't seem to find the "scout" item required to research cybernetic interface and I've been stuck for a while. What is it?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: November 05, 2016, 10:44:03 am »
A scout should be one of the enemy ships, there are a couple ways I know of to get the research: find the paperwork on the scout or (ahem) interview some engineers, maybe pilots will work too, possibly a few others.

Offline Geneoce

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: November 06, 2016, 01:38:59 pm »
Is there a convenient list of craft that can/cant go underwater floating around somewhere? My Pachy finally has a disappointing downside

Offline Narvi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: November 06, 2016, 03:33:37 pm »
Most excellent mod. Query: The Workshop description states that it gives you an 'unlimited amount of Runt Outfits', but I get no Runt Outfit option when I select my gals and making them still requires materials. Am I misunderstanding something?