aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3684697 times)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99C.1 - 10 Sep - Become an Idol!
« Reply #3390 on: September 30, 2016, 08:33:55 pm »
Is it possible to disable rooms being destroyed in base defense? Not the interior or walls/floors of the room, but rather the 'flag' that tells the game if a room is destroyed. I'm asking because the most frustrating thing to happen is when you lose your entire base because the room that links the exit and the rest of the base gets blown up by some insane AoE weapon.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: September 30, 2016, 09:00:54 pm »
According to UFOPaedia.org on the vanilla game (and I assume this is reproduced by OpenXCom):

Doing too much damage to a room can also collapse it, and you will lose that room permanently. Any rooms that can only be accessed by going through the collapsed room will also be lost. Spawn-point rooms such as Living Quarters, Stores, Access Lift, and Hangars (plus the Alien Containment chamber) can't be collapsed.

So you just need to build accordingly. I've never had issues while containing the battle to be found in storage rooms, living quarters, the lift and hangars.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: September 30, 2016, 09:12:36 pm »
Well, with the addition of trap rooms you're kinda incentivized to place those between the exit and the rest of your base, so just using those non-collapsable rooms as buffers would be kind of a waste, no?

Does anyone have some tips on this issue?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: September 30, 2016, 10:08:52 pm »
Are the trap rooms really collapsible? Maybe defining them as storage rooms (and thus safe from destruction) would fix the issue.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: October 01, 2016, 06:49:27 am »
It wouldn't really solve too much, but maybe we could have a special room that shows up when something is destroyed, one filled with rubble, navigable, but useless. It would be the building equivalent to the merc corpse, where you pay money to get rid of it.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: October 02, 2016, 05:47:05 pm »
The simplest solution would probably be a new room called access tunnels or something that is completely blocked off on the first and second levels. It would allow building deathtrap bases without randomly having the whole place blow up after battle.

Offline Sagefox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: October 06, 2016, 07:30:31 pm »
Does anyone know what research one needs to make your own ships? I'm using  0.99C if that helps? also in one of my crashed ship looted missions the maps the ground was steel gray the trees where pink and the plant that would normally explode or throw darts at you now release smoke and at the end of the mission i got ghost items with the normal loot from the ship. Can someone explain this to me?   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 07:47:19 pm by Sagefox »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: October 06, 2016, 07:43:33 pm »
You should be looking for Interceptor Assembly - if you want the more spoilery answer, use the built-in tech tree viewer to look up how to get there.  Otherwise, you might be stuck if you never researched Flame Arrows, as that's part of the line of research to get you there.

Offline Sagefox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: October 07, 2016, 06:23:39 pm »
You should be looking for Interceptor Assembly - if you want the more spoilery answer, use the built-in tech tree viewer to look up how to get there.  Otherwise, you might be stuck if you never researched Flame Arrows, as that's part of the line of research to get you there.
Thanks also you wouldn't happen to know how to get rid of ghost items would you or know someone that does?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: October 07, 2016, 07:50:27 pm »
Ghost items?  Do you mean items that got renamed in a new version when you switched, and you're left with something like STR_SOME_GHOST_ITEM in your stores?

Offline xaphias

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: October 08, 2016, 12:38:43 am »
update to 0.99c.1 if you haven't already, IIRC there is a bug in the research tree on 0.99c, in which you can't research flame arrow and never be able to make your own rifles. ( dont think it messes with interceptors tho) oh and a tip, dont neglect any early tech, like survival, cunning, spring cleaning, etc it's all interconnected, you need it all to move forward.

Offline LegoGunR

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: October 08, 2016, 07:36:37 pm »
Hello Guys,

please clarify whether this is standard behavior, a possible "feature", or bug?

My game time is around Mar 2604, and all of my generated missions are academy local govt sways, the other major factions are practically not present in the game.
A few months back i *may have* edited the save file to remove pact made by several funders.
Even after researching zero tolerance to zero tolerance, practically the local govt sway missions conducted by the Academy are the only visible activities. (with close to full global coverage).
Is there a way to edit in the save file what kind of missions get generated? (other than possibly rewriting the already generated ones)

Thanks in advance!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: October 12, 2016, 09:20:04 pm »
I just tried out the tome of lighting on a gal in a destructor outfit, and I don't think I need anything else for the rest of the game...

Except maybe a second tome!

Edit:  Both are allowed on mansion missions?!  Time to pick apart the building with raw elemental power!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:26:10 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: October 12, 2016, 10:53:45 pm »
I feel like a bad metalhead, having just got the boarding gun pedia reference now that Black Sabbath popped up on my Pandora station.  So now I feel compelled to actually do the superhero armor research line and give that gal a boarding gun.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: October 13, 2016, 04:12:00 am »
Hello Guys,

please clarify whether this is standard behavior, a possible "feature", or bug?

My game time is around Mar 2604, and all of my generated missions are academy local govt sways, the other major factions are practically not present in the game.
A few months back i *may have* edited the save file to remove pact made by several funders.
Even after researching zero tolerance to zero tolerance, practically the local govt sway missions conducted by the Academy are the only visible activities. (with close to full global coverage).
Is there a way to edit in the save file what kind of missions get generated? (other than possibly rewriting the already generated ones)

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like very bad luck more then anything. Missions are generated for a very long period at once. 2 game year chunks if i recall correctly. Only retaliation is dynamic. So yeah barren periods are possible. IMO the randomization is very streaky as well even within a chunk. The academy, in my campaign, has been less than 1% of my contacts which just passed 2k. And most of that was before civilian traffic was a thing.

Also somewhat common to research stoping "sway missions" while one is in progress. In that case it gets stuck active forever.