aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3690608 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99A.1 - 31 Jul - Magical Commendations
« Reply #2970 on: July 31, 2016, 05:36:02 pm »
Quote from: From Change Log
Canteen no longer replenishes Energy

Seriously?  This just went from an ok-ish early piece of equipment to absolutely worthless, imo.

Question:  On the graphic side:  Did you include Flappy Parrot?  (Just so I know to disable my mod and note that in the mod thread, etc.)

And thanks for the very rich new update!  .99A looks to be amazing!

Also: your DL Link has both .99a and .99a_1

Edit: in Updating your save, you might also want to include the note about Commendations changes: 
In Debug mode:
Ctrl-C to clear current commendations.
Ctrl-A to clear all Soldier Stats/Diary info
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:39:25 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2971 on: July 31, 2016, 06:45:09 pm »
@Ivan: no, I didn't add the parrot animation.

@Research: yes it is by design that you have to finish all the small stuff before moving onwards. Like Meridian said, there isn't much optional (or useless, or 'trap') research. It's a matter of choosing sequence, not leaving an ever-growing pile of useless stuff you're not going to research ever. All optional research is either super cheap or very powerful.

Bootypedia doesn't seem to have been updated for the wands; I don't see any mention of VD Skill or Mastery factoring in for the lower tier ones.

Liar.

"This wand crates a vaccuum around victim's head, choking them. It is quite slow for a wand, but none the less very handy in capturing live hostages. Just be careful, overzealous use can kill the victim. The wand holds 7 charges, and each use costs 10 Energy and 10 Morale. It always hits unless from beyond maximum accurate range (which is 11 tiles).{NEWLINE}POWER Bonus: V.POWER*0.3 + V.SKILL*0.1"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:47:46 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: July 31, 2016, 08:18:29 pm »
Description's fine; I had folders for both .99 and .99A open so I probably used the wrong executable without knowing because it was ~6 AM my time, and I was tired after a long night out. Love the new change.

I think the inventory reduction for plate is a little too brutal, especially when combined with the increase in cost for taking stuff from the pack. Would either keep the backpack or leg slot nerf, but definitely not both. Leg slot nerf makes more sense to me, because it's plate mail, leg slots make little sense, and you should totally be able to mount a giant ass sword or space equivalent on your back.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: July 31, 2016, 11:26:57 pm »
I never knew superhero armor existed until I checked the wiki, then I was like wut I need kill my slaves to get it?

Offline kitsune106

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: August 01, 2016, 03:17:29 am »
does the employment mod replace slavery?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: August 01, 2016, 08:13:04 am »
does the employment mod replace slavery?

No, it just complements it.

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: August 01, 2016, 03:30:57 pm »
There is no need to turn flashlights off on night missions anymore, right?

Where is the income/expenses for slaves and auxilia displayed?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: August 01, 2016, 04:22:58 pm »
Where is the income/expenses for slaves and auxilia displayed?

In the monthly costs window, below costs for hands/brainers/runts.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2978 on: August 01, 2016, 05:26:08 pm »
There is no need to turn flashlights off on night missions anymore, right?

Correct, the light is too weak to betray your position.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2979 on: August 01, 2016, 05:50:51 pm »
Correct, the light is too weak to betray your position.

Yeah, its still extremely dark for me.  Am I doing something wrong?

Also, with the nerf, I'm finding the Seductress is ineffective.  How significantly has the math changed?

Edit: Also I just loved this latest from ShroomArts. :)  Looks like one of our awesome Piratey Space Babe Gals!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:01:55 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2980 on: August 01, 2016, 08:31:59 pm »
I think the inventory reduction for plate is a little too brutal, especially when combined with the increase in cost for taking stuff from the pack. Would either keep the backpack or leg slot nerf, but definitely not both. Leg slot nerf makes more sense to me, because it's plate mail, leg slots make little sense, and you should totally be able to mount a giant ass sword or space equivalent on your back.

Well I could consider returning the 2x3 backpack for the cost of 2 belt slots, maybe... I need to think it over, backpack space really hurts while some belt slots are just, meh, whatever. And it was meant to hurt as the armor was just a little too good.

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: August 02, 2016, 01:18:10 am »
In the monthly costs window, below costs for hands/brainers/runts.
I see that my bottom line isn't adding up but I don't see income or expenses listed for slaves and auxilia.

https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=121egq1&s=9#.V5_Kh6IXamU

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: August 02, 2016, 01:33:17 am »
I have a bit of an odd and probably irrelevant question, actually several.  The starting crew are labeled as escaped lunatics, were they actually in an insane asylum? Are the Ubers organized enough to have insane asylums? Are they considered insane because they randomly left the zone they're from and just got lucky in finding a safe place before dying?

My personal interpretation of the starting crew and support units is based heavily on Mad Max, that they were slaves and maybe low ranking gang members of a raider warlord until they beat him up along with his crew, took everything they could carry, and ran.

On another irrelevant side, what are male Ubers like? I have some ideas: too laid back to be considered dangerous, so roided out that they can't reliably work with each other, or maybe they're just guys... some are good, some are bad, some are lazy and some are driven, and the gals are just sexist.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2983 on: August 02, 2016, 01:53:36 am »
I have a bit of an odd and probably irrelevant question, actually several.  The starting crew are labeled as escaped lunatics, were they actually in an insane asylum? Are the Ubers organized enough to have insane asylums? Are they considered insane because they randomly left the zone they're from and just got lucky in finding a safe place before dying?

My personal interpretation of the starting crew and support units is based heavily on Mad Max, that they were slaves and maybe low ranking gang members of a raider warlord until they beat him up along with his crew, took everything they could carry, and ran.

I don't want to reveal too much, since I don't know how much Dioxine wants revealed and I'm not exactly sure about the details myself, but let's just say that the original 8 are indeed fugitives. They didn't escape from an uber-owned institution though, but from some sort of lab where they were being experimented upon. (They are nonetheless quite normal ubers.)

On another irrelevant side, what are male Ubers like? I have some ideas: too laid back to be considered dangerous, so roided out that they can't reliably work with each other, or maybe they're just guys... some are good, some are bad, some are lazy and some are driven, and the gals are just sexist.

Most Raiders are ubers (both male and female), but you probably know that already. The Brainers say that male ubers, while stronger and tougher on average, lack the potential that allows females to increase their abilities so quickly. I'm not sure how accurate or literal it is, and I suspect it is at least partially ideological - not exactly sexism as such, more like a gang theme. It should be noted that they don't seem to look down on males on principle, even if they tend to objectify them a little.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: August 02, 2016, 02:58:45 am »
Woot new stuffs. Also really appreciate the shift of dmg types on stunsticks. Bad touch change... overboard at first glance, given the stunsticks relative buff.