aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3681772 times)

Offline xaphias

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97A - Jetbikes for Christmas
« Reply #1665 on: December 18, 2015, 01:10:28 pm »
Ok, though i don't know if i evver manage to get my hands on it!!! :o small question: suppose won't be added any new faction in the remaining versions till 1.0, right?

are you talking about the chinese dragon?
I just unlocked that...wow, just wow...

niculinux

« Reply #1666 on: December 18, 2015, 11:49:50 pm »
are you talking about the chinese dragon?
I just unlocked that...wow, just wow...

no i was referring to the arena fireball launcher, don't even know about the existence of a "chinese dragon"?!?! What is that?

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 18, 2015, 11:57:27 pm »
no i was referring to the arena fireball launcher, don't even know about the existence of a "chinese dragon"?!?! What is that?

F***ing Nasty Rocket for the Quad Launcher - 59 Tile Radius Blast, 600 Explosive Damage.

Basiclly One Shot Kill for most of - if not all the battlescape - in one hit, Costs $680,000 per rocket though!

Edit - Just found the actual Numbers.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:15:47 am by Roxis231 »

niculinux

« Reply #1668 on: December 19, 2015, 12:13:27 am »
Thanks roxis! Hey Dioxine, 0.96 did not have a humanist activist bootypedia image. Does the 0.97 have it or we shoul wait 0.98? Just for a humble curiosity ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1669 on: December 19, 2015, 07:35:52 am »
No image for him yet. And there won't be one anytime soon, unless someone draws it, as I have tons of work with the new release... I want it to be ready before the Christmas Eve :)

A teaser below: what the govt forces will fly in one of the possible paths... (now they just need a couple more new units).

niculinux

« Reply #1670 on: December 19, 2015, 07:30:03 pm »
Looking forward to is as always!  8) Any chance the bonaventura would be buyable at black market? I think so, maybe the startin one owned by our beloved gals may a be slightly modified version, as happens with armored vault and vaults. Piratez may have modified it a bit to fit their need...:)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 20, 2015, 09:39:41 am »
Question: do you gain a larger penalty from killing or capturing govt units?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1672 on: December 20, 2015, 02:29:14 pm »
To be honest, I'm not sure. It will be fixed once OXCE allows separate definitions for killing and capturing.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1673 on: December 21, 2015, 12:53:07 am »
Version 0.97B is up. It's not only incendiaries, though; the most important feature I think is overhauling of the enemy deployments and missions (with some enemies added, some of them will be seen commonly), which changes the dynamic of the early game a lot (and adds replayability), plus, changing mechanics of the mid-late game, by adding researches that influence what shipping appears on the globe in major ways. Also, more chances for finding VIPs (I will work on the 'elusive Star God Coordinator' problem on the next release), and faster interrogations of mid- and high- tier people, seeing how many engineers you need to interrogate to get everything...
A lot of balancing tweaks, mostly for less-used items, but also for Long Range Radar which seemed completely useless until now, not to mention how it messed with Hyperwave detection. Now it is a new weird thing that maybe will be more interesting, if not useful.
Ship walls are no longer see-through, which was a commonly irritating glitch. It costed me a hell of a lot of work, too. Side effect: you get more Plastasteel from shippings. To balance it out, you only get half as much Elerium from large Ship Engines :)
Last change is the disappearace of 'booty', now will you see things like Durathread Mesh or Engineered Biomatter, so don't get spooked out, only the names have changed :)

Look out for these black things she's holding in the picture...

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97B - 20 Dec - I Bring You Fire
« Reply #1674 on: December 21, 2015, 01:24:47 am »
I wonder when I should restart the stream campaign. Still not very far in the mid-game... and nowhere near the end-game (haven't even unlocked the research for the "keys" to the Star God kingdom, so to speak).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1675 on: December 21, 2015, 02:36:51 am »
Just finished watching what you've uploaded to YT so far, it was great series so far. These Mercs... You're not fully prepared to fight them yet, since they're end-game enemy. Also, because for mid-game, your weapon research is kinda poor (mitigated, as it is, by the advanced laser weaponry you got from Smugglers and Bombers). However, your armor & craft research is good, and base tech - excellent.

As for your question, well... Upgrading save is risky - the game may go haywire since you're so far in, because of all mid-late game research tweaks, mission scripts and other crazy stuff I did, and not all research bugs might get fixed by just that (no major bugs, but thanks to you, I've discovered a ton of minor ones that blocked you from getting some stuff you shoul get by this point). Not upgrading - well, would be a shame, there is a ton of new features plus the early game should play quite differently now. Starting anew has obvious drawbacks, like getting you 100+ hours of gameplay back, and going into uncharted waters (there might be start-month crashes, should be gone but I can only give 80% guarantee they're gone for good - I will be able to hotfix these if they occur, though) but personally I wouldn't mind seeing a new campaign - with all this modding, I don't have the time to play myself :) Also no sweeping changes are planned for foreeseeable releases so you'd be likely able to further  upgrade seamlessly, without any save editing or experiencing weird stuff.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:40:34 am by Dioxine »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1676 on: December 21, 2015, 02:54:53 am »
@ Draco:  Just my two cents following Dioxine's discussion.
I have only been able to start watching your series and have enjoyed it immensely.  The vast amount of content in front of me is a bit daunting, so I have no Idea how I might catch up.   If I were offered the vote to upgrade and restart, or continue in the old version, I for one would vote for the restart.  This is because I selfishly would like to see the new stuff in the early game because I can't play myself, and it greatly helps my understanding and ability to contribute to the bootypedia. 
/threadjack

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1677 on: December 21, 2015, 04:07:45 am »
I have no idea how you went through all those videos so quick, Dioxine. You must have skipped around and/or set to like double speed. :P

Honestly, I could easily trounce anyone with the amount of plasma weapons I have in cold storage, but my playstyle is much more towards ammo conversation and kidnapping. That's the main reason I suffer against enemies like the Mercenaries, in addition to playing just way too aggressively against them.

Yeah, I agree in regards: not upgrading is not very helpful for you as the creator and playing the latest incentivizes you as the creator as people enjoy the new content (rather than playing old versions and not enjoying the new stuff you were putting in).

The issue for me is for my viewers; starting from scratch seems like a slap in the face (as in, "Oh look we got this far, but we're just arbitrarily going to restart just because") when they haven't seen the mid/end-game of Piratez or myself (which in all honestly, I never got too far in Weapon research or Craft research; Predators/Crabs are a huge mainstay for me, as are the customized ballistics weaponry [trying to keep tabs on all the different types of ammo and ensuring appropriate amounts and materials can be hectic live, rather than just hitting pause during recording]).

Plus, if I keep restarting, I'll never finish or get to do fun challenges (like sell Bonaventura for a Pachyderm or Skyranger or something).

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 21, 2015, 05:20:59 am »
I'd personally stick it with it so that at least SOMEONE has some video documentation on getting far in this mod.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1679 on: December 21, 2015, 06:15:54 am »
I have no idea how you went through all those videos so quick, Dioxine. You must have skipped around and/or set to like double speed. :P

Simple, I'm hardcore. But yeah, I was skipping some parts - there's little I can learn from watching n-th Freighter or Hopper run, where the most exciting event would be an off grenade that sends someone to hospital for 1-2 weeks. For the last dozen episodes, I only watched battles where there was an actual risk to your soldiers involved (plus Geoscape, naturally - call me perverted but I like to watch base management :) ).

And I can see the argument for keeping this going, I just evaluated beacuse you've asked.

On second thought, after getting past my pride of all new stuff & fluff, I realized that watching how the late game plays out will be more interesting/educating for me than seeing that new stuff - there's always Meridian for that, I have precious little experience in late-game, and a second playthrough will be even more interesting if there is more difference between versions. So yeah, continuing makes more sense.

This time I don't recommend upgrading version & saves - unless some nasty game-breaking bug pops out, then we'll have to. 0.96 has its problems, some stuff doesn't work properly (eg. Thrusters and Targeters, they do not give bonuses to speed or radar radius they should), but no deal-breakers, I think (there was some Star God Novice crash... I think easily fixed, but don't remember what was broken, exactly). However there was OXCE version change between 0.96 and 0.97, and other major changes in the code, making upgrading tricky.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:20:03 am by Dioxine »