aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3680248 times)

niculinux

Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97A - Jetbikes for Christmas
« Reply #1650 on: December 16, 2015, 10:41:17 pm »
Hey Dioxine, may we get at least an option to have the bonaventura color the same as the ufo vanilla avenger (it's beige if i remember correctly)? I really don't like the green, maybe an option would be nice, as happened with the star gods coordinator :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1651 on: December 16, 2015, 11:00:10 pm »
Hey Dioxine, may we get at least an option to have the bonaventura color the same as the ufo vanilla avenger (it's beige if i remember correctly)? I really don't like the green, maybe an option would be nice, as happened with the star gods coordinator :)

hm... as the original Bonny was not green when Dioxine designed it, I'm sure you could replace the map files and have it as you like it.  You will probably have to go back to some version before XpirateZ ... probably around 0.9.h of the original. 
https://www.openxcom.com/mod/piratez

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:01:43 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 16, 2015, 11:09:29 pm »

On the contrary I love the colour.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1653 on: December 16, 2015, 11:10:08 pm »
I really don't like the green, maybe an option would be nice

There is an option. Sell it, buy Pachyderm. It's red. Red ones go faster. Alternatively blue - Skyranger and Pigeon. These are only for real men but blue is lucky.

Offline xaphias

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 17, 2015, 02:21:07 am »
Is this a campaign that was started before they were introduced? If yes, then perhaps you haven't edited your save game - you need to add them manually to the possible missions section.

no savfile was created on 0.96 so they were in when I started
I did check the savefile and they are there under possible missions, tho I do see some minor differences in a new game I created.
but I dont think that's the issue

is it safe tho to replace all the possible missions in my current save with the list spawned by a newly created game on the same difficulty? since they seem to have been tuned a bit.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1655 on: December 17, 2015, 12:53:02 pm »
is it safe tho to replace all the possible missions in my current save with the list spawned by a newly created game on the same difficulty? since they seem to have been tuned a bit.

Yes, I think so. Just don't touch the currently ongoing missions.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1656 on: December 17, 2015, 04:05:44 pm »
Got ears-deep in mission scripting... but I think it is worth it. It will soon be possible to change happenings on the global scale - the planet will slowly change if you choose so. This is the first result - no idea if it will work as intended, though :) There will be more such advances, each helping you in small way, relieving some of the mid & late game burdens: peace with Reticulans, partial removal of Pogroms, stopping Sway Local Govt missions etc. Crackdowns will go on unabated, though, so you will always be able to catch these elusive VIPs if you muster enough airpower.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1657 on: December 17, 2015, 04:56:20 pm »
Cool, and I am looking forward to make choices like this, I always felt that the pirates could be many things but not everything at once and meaningful effects to your choices will add more colors.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1658 on: December 17, 2015, 05:41:41 pm »
Cool, and I am looking forward to make choices like this, I always felt that the pirates could be many things but not everything at once and meaningful effects to your choices will add more colors.

True. It reminds me of Distant Worlds, where instead of normal stellar empires, like in every Master of Orion-like game, you could play an alternative campaign with a pirate fleet (which had somewhat different mechanics). There were three types of pirates: mercenaries (focused on space warfare), smugglers (focused on trade) and balanced (no focus, maybe a little on raiding).

I think it would be nice to better define your organization like this along the campaign - focused on this or that, or recognizable by some specific activities - but I don't know how to introduce this in an interesting way (as opposed to dumb gamey choices).

niculinux

« Reply #1659 on: December 17, 2015, 08:06:20 pm »
@ivandogovich: thanks for the remimder!

@SolariusScorch: agree on that!

There is an option. Sell it, buy Pachyderm. It's red. Red ones go faster. Alternatively blue - Skyranger and Pigeon. These are only for real men but blue is lucky.

Hey, i "wanna stay young" :) well an option won't be bad, maybe also envolving alternative colors for all pirate vessel, more interesting! :D but if it's just me don't wnat to insist :, (

edit: as for the exotic village map, instead usin a mix with the vanilla farm terrain, may be fine to have the island map from TFTD. Might  be that possible?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:10:57 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1660 on: December 17, 2015, 08:11:57 pm »
I think it would be nice to better define your organization like this along the campaign - focused on this or that, or recognizable by some specific activities - but I don't know how to introduce this in an interesting way (as opposed to dumb gamey choices).

By non-insistence, I think. You will have these choices clear and always open (no going back after commitment, though - once the genie is out, the genie is out), but they won't limit you in no real way (but, if your calling is killing people, why would you want to reduce the number of targets?) - they will only change what is happening on the geoscape.

Also, the idea is never to give the player more than he wanted - for example, researching diplomatic techs shouldn't give you new guns.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:15:07 pm by Dioxine »

niculinux

« Reply #1661 on: December 17, 2015, 08:19:45 pm »
Agree also with Dioxine, though i like killing people!!!  >:(

edit: and the arena fireball launcher should use clips (nuclear cells) 15 shots per each :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:51:31 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1662 on: December 17, 2015, 10:06:54 pm »
edit: and the arena fireball launcher should use clips (nuclear cells) 15 shots per each :)

No.

niculinux

« Reply #1663 on: December 17, 2015, 11:30:01 pm »
No.

Ok, though i don't know if i evver manage to get my hands on it!!! :o small question: suppose won't be added any new faction in the remaining versions till 1.0, right?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1664 on: December 18, 2015, 08:43:30 am »
You need to research Social Hierarchy and Death Realms. And no, no enemies will get it. Probably. Possibly.