aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3692011 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95C - 29 Oct - Interfaces & Critical Fixes
« Reply #1245 on: November 06, 2015, 11:18:42 pm »
AAh.. my knowledge of voodoo is lacking, I see! Makes more sense. I hope the star gods don't have 100/100 like some XCom troopers! Hard to survive 150 damage straight to life.

As for the other comment, is that aimed at me? (I do use a strange patched build, but not a buggy one! nor do I have any problems with cyclops.. never seen them actually.. Still in October doing pirate wannabe stuff!)

No, I was answering the Doctor here :) Continuing: so I have no idea, I'll check it out.

Also: no, 100/100 wouldn't make sense, with such stats you can MC basically everything, even from a large distance. Solar tried stats like 90/60 (basic, kid difficulty; they scale up to 112 or 120% on the highest diff level, not sure) in his Cydonia mission and he had to back out of this, since fighting such enemy was no fun, one had to exploit how the game works to win - basically, win with tanks with people serving as psi-rods. At 10k attack strength you're way above any psi defence the enemy might have; I think Star Gods cap at around 4-5k, depending on diff level.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 06, 2015, 11:29:07 pm »
So how do i get that menace removed?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1247 on: November 06, 2015, 11:53:30 pm »
No idea, I've never seen such a bug.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 06, 2015, 11:56:39 pm »
@Dioxine: Interesting! There was a lot more tweaking numbers than seems like in the original. Like finding "optimal" psi stats for the aliens but somehow not for the player's unit.. but I guess players rarely complain about being overpowered compared to if the computer/opponent is ;)

That's why I don't like personal armor dudes. 50 armor and no stat decrease! Not fair! ;)

@doctor: if you apply more stun or damage, it doesn't go down? What if you edit the save and give it one hp? Then it should be generated as stunned when loading the save? (or is there a specific state to represent a stunned enemy?)

If you just want to get rid of it, you can just remove its entry from a save as well.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1249 on: November 07, 2015, 01:25:51 am »
Well for one it was easier than in the original... When 2 dudes with 100/100 psi fight, either can MC the other without any problem. When 2 dudes with 20/20 fight, neither can do anything to the other. With 60/40 cap for pirates, it was possible to tweak enemy stats to a level where they still are a serious threat to the best gals, while not being able to completely own average ones.
The other way - it's simply impossible. Because you rarely encounter psi-strong enemies. Even if you balance them properly, most others will be too weak to resist anything. So you'll still easily win most missions with psi-spam. At high levels, attack dominates defence more easily and so this gets harder and harder.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 07, 2015, 02:52:10 am »
At high levels, attack dominates defence more easily and so this gets harder and harder.
But this should not be case in Extended version, you can modify strength (weapon) and defense (armor) curve to prevent it.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 07, 2015, 10:36:38 am »
@doctor: if you apply more stun or damage, it doesn't go down? What if you edit the save and give it one hp? Then it should be generated as stunned when loading the save? (or is there a specific state to represent a stunned enemy?)

If you just want to get rid of it, you can just remove its entry from a save as well.
I guess i should go find the enemy with 0 hp on the save file then.
Interestingly the enemy doesnt move on the enemy turn and his stun damage doesnt change when shot.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 07, 2015, 11:22:31 am »
By the way in the save file where the buged cyclops exists where do i find the code of that enemy?What do i need to type in the notepads find section so i can find it?

niculinux

« Reply #1253 on: November 07, 2015, 11:38:11 am »
Hey Dioxine, check the black market and bootypedia, since in the latter i did not find eurosindicate lasrifle, arena flack cannon, big ben mg, the quad  launcher and related ammo, as well as some other i did not may be aware  :-\ I got these stuff after havin shoot down and captured a very small ufo with one single enemy in it.

Edit: as for ropes, during the battle i got only option to throw it, that not supposed its behavior..maybe an upadet's glitche or maybe it's a wine thing? (usin the win version!)

Edit 2: while i really like new piratez grade symbol, i found the inventory grid a bit too dark ingame, may we have some more brighten one? Maybe it's jus me i don't know :D

Edit 3: Got the rope bug also with axe, o i suppose it' a letest update bug? :,(

Edit 4: In the end, please may you update the mod page with screenshots from newer version/new interface?

That's all :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 02:30:03 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1254 on: November 07, 2015, 02:13:35 pm »
1. See attachment. I have the Contacts: Eurosyndicate researched. Check your OXCE/OXC version bro.

2. Not hoes, the proper wording is wenches. And I have no idea why would you want to do with 'em anything else than throw.

3. Yeah it is dark. That was the point, it was too bright for my tastes. Maybe indeed it's a bit *too* dark, I might tune it up yet. Anyho, easy to criticize, hard to make a change.

4. What rope bug?

5. Yeah, I know I should but it's bothersome. I'd rather use my modding time to actually work on the mod. Also, I'm still gathering comments and observations about these new interfaces, would be pointless to post new pics only to take them down when/if interfaces are changed again.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 02:16:38 pm by Dioxine »

niculinux

« Reply #1255 on: November 07, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »
[...]

2. Not hoes, the proper wording is wenches. And I have no idea why would you want to do with 'em anything else than throw.

4. What rope bug?

Sorry, wanted to mean ropes! Just amended the previuous post, in the past versions i remember i could perform melee attacks with ropes (as the bootypedia description says), now it's happen i can only throw them :,(

As for the grid color in the inventory, a brighter brown or another color should do the trick, I'd also change the grade color, so that they would match the grid ones, so i'd suggest also to think of usin seme color for both, eg. red or yellow for instance, just need to make some experiments. Blue is fine, but i'd see more in a TFTD mod ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1256 on: November 07, 2015, 02:49:44 pm »
Naw I'm not changing the grade colors, it would mean I'll have to redesign them as well, it's above my league; simple recolor might not be enough. But brighter brown, yeah, might work.

As for the ropes, just checked it and everything seems fine... ???

niculinux

« Reply #1257 on: November 07, 2015, 03:01:59 pm »
strange, maybe was a wine thing (usin 1.6.2 but i donìt think so since it's the first time i see such thing) or more probably a corrupted install since i was not able to get that melee attack. As for rope in the bootypedia, damage type may be changed to "stun" from "smoke"(??) :D

Hey the only thing that is really missing now it's a brand new video intro! Maybe in an hypotetical 2.0 version, if it may appear, then tghe game may be even relased as a standalone and even packaged for linux/macosx computers?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:04:07 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1258 on: November 07, 2015, 03:13:25 pm »
1. The damage type is supposed to be smoke, as in choking. This denotes the type of damage res which is used, and that it ignores armor (stun damage does not).

2. Yeah intro... huge work. Possible, but unlikely. And even if so, only as a slideshow of static images. I don't have a design studio. Blizzard needs $100k to produce 1 minute of cinematics. I have like, $1k if I sold everything I own.

niculinux

« Reply #1259 on: November 07, 2015, 04:23:35 pm »
Hey, just a simple slideshow, like TFDT floppy version intro would be still awesome! Should launch a "contest" or something.. 8) Well, i was wrong..it's missing also a new soundtrak! Maybe you may ask to gifty to use his Gifty's new x-com music!!

As for rope, may it should used also like a throwing weapon, like cowboy's lazo...and, what is the purpose of "pile of junk" After having shot down a very small ufo i sold it at once...i was supposed to make some use of it?