aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3681093 times)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95C - 29 Oct - Interfaces & Critical Fixes
« Reply #1185 on: October 31, 2015, 11:19:36 pm »
Playing with my late game, a pogrom from the Spartans, resulted in a CTD. The latest ruleset hot-fixes were applied.

End the turn in the attached save game. I suppose it's the map that's creating the problem. I share the save just in case it's something else.

EDIT: As suggested before, restarted the game from before landing the pogrom, and eventually a new map was loaded. So far no problems with the new map.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:32:47 pm by Alex_D »

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 01, 2015, 02:16:51 am »
So what usually causes this mod to make the game freak out? The reason I ask is because I was in an activist pogrom and the game closed but when I reloaded it everything was fine.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1187 on: November 01, 2015, 05:52:29 am »
So what usually causes this mod to make the game freak out? The reason I ask is because I was in an activist pogrom and the game closed but when I reloaded it everything was fine.

Weird bugs but because people don't post saves and/or reloading (before landing at the Pogrom) can generate a new map without issues, leaves the bugs in for people to have issues with. This is why posting bugged saves is important so Dioxine can find them and fix them so other (newer) players (like yourself DeWolf, also Welcome to the Forums, sorry about earlier!) don't run into the same Crash to Desktop (CTD) or other bugs.

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 01, 2015, 06:00:33 am »
Weird bugs but because people don't post saves and/or reloading (before landing at the Pogrom) can generate a new map without issues, leaves the bugs in for people to have issues with. This is why posting bugged saves is important so Dioxine can find them and fix them so other (newer) players (like yourself DeWolf, also Welcome to the Forums, sorry about earlier!) don't run into the same Crash to Desktop (CTD) or other bugs.
Well I know one solution to the save bug thing where I just turn off save scumming. Also my fault for not reading up on things like that. Lastly is it all right I post the whole save file or do I need to post a certain part of it?

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 01, 2015, 06:14:23 am »
Well I know one solution to the save bug thing where I just turn off save scumming. Also my fault for not reading up on things like that. Lastly is it all right I post the whole save file or do I need to post a certain part of it?

Whole save file and just explain how to replicate the crash. (Load save, shoot enemy with X gun, end turn, should crash) something simple like that.

Hope you're enjoying Piratez, though!

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 01, 2015, 07:43:52 am »
Whole save file and just explain how to replicate the crash. (Load save, shoot enemy with X gun, end turn, should crash) something simple like that.

Hope you're enjoying Piratez, though!
Ye be right landlubber. YARR! But ok then.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 01, 2015, 07:05:06 pm »
i was wondering, the manual fixes i made to the progrom and the one the other guy did to the research, can be included into the next version ?, or the fix can crash another part o the mod?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 02:04:39 am by jmf »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 01, 2015, 07:40:48 pm »
i was woondering, the manula fixes i made to the progrom and the one the other guy did to the research, can be included into the next version ?, or the fix can crash another part o the mod?

I believe Dioxine already has included the fixes.

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 01, 2015, 08:35:15 pm »
Okay weird bug with the map. This is an academy pogrom and in the save my pirate named tight mojo cannot get down the stairs. Here's the save.

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 01, 2015, 10:23:19 pm »
New closing battle against raiders pogrom probably a random bug.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 02, 2015, 09:16:58 am »
Okay weird bug with the map. This is an academy pogrom and in the save my pirate named tight mojo cannot get down the stairs. Here's the save.

I think I had a similar problem. From my memory, turned out an enemy was stuck there. I had to destroy the walls of the building using shots and then stunned the alien. End of game. Major reason why I use the assault armor for battle now.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 02, 2015, 02:57:13 pm »
I wonder if dioxine will ever release the stress mechanic as a indepented mod?Other people may like the mechanic to be used on their vanila game.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 02, 2015, 08:14:49 pm »
@Zharkov: it'd be just too cruel to butcher such poor creatures in cold blood, don't you think? But I will think what can be done about it, since if you can't retrieve the armor, you'll be needlessly murdering them in battle just out of spite (not to mention the greed) :)

I think I found a solution!

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 02, 2015, 09:31:25 pm »
Is clandestine supposed to mean mixed crews?I have seen the humanists with some activists carrying along a goverment police.
Unless this is supposed to be tied to the lore.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 02, 2015, 09:47:17 pm »
Is clandestine supposed to mean mixed crews?I have seen the humanists with some activists carrying along a goverment police.
Unless this is supposed to be tied to the lore.

I think it's meant to convey that the Humanists and a local province government are working somewhat together; what this means lore wise is up to you until Dioxine expands on it further.

Gameplay wise, it just means a mixed crew like you discovered. Not sure if it goes further than that.