aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609624 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95A - 3 Oct - Star Gods' Revenge
« Reply #1080 on: October 23, 2015, 04:19:17 pm »
Hehehe, not neccessary, OXCom allows automatic recovery if everyone is killed. That's why you need the check at b). As for a), max submerge depth needs to be specified as well. Same goes for UFOs; if crashed, they naturally can go to any depth, but if they want to land, they shouldn't choose zones that have inaccessible depth (in case someone wants the holy grail - the hybrid game - where aquatoids can land underwater, but sectoids can't).

@Solar: yeah an option for automatically altering an armor (another armor property, default: disabled) based on enviros would be great. This should have % chance too, so we can have gals surprised in bed/shower attire during hideout defense :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1081 on: October 23, 2015, 04:43:59 pm »
As for a), max submerge depth needs to be specified as well. Same goes for UFOs;

Hmm, that made me think that perhaps we could make UFOs avoid specified depths... or any depths. Then we could have land-only UFOs that would never travel on water, which really makes sense when you think of the land vehicles... (Or vice-versa, ships.)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1082 on: October 23, 2015, 07:06:06 pm »
Makes sense to me.

Today: the forces of dorkness have received reinforcements! (sprite ripped & prepared by Miguel, slightly smoothened by myself):

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 23, 2015, 07:16:31 pm »
Fucking midgets!!! :o

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 23, 2015, 07:34:19 pm »
OK I like the almost nude babes but please remove that picture of Superman and Batman kissing .. it is .... annoying

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 23, 2015, 07:42:02 pm »
OK I like the almost nude babes but please remove that picture of Superman and Batman kissing .. it is .... annoying

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1086 on: October 23, 2015, 08:07:58 pm »
Do you feel offended? Sorry I won't remove harmless gay jokes just because someone says so, especially since this one is also an observation of our own culture, made from 6 centuries' perspective, making it an important part of this whole experiment. Here's one for you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u3cUI7E8NA

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1087 on: October 23, 2015, 08:10:58 pm »
Reminds me I need to start a FAQ subsection on the wiki

"Q. Why is feature X in but not Y?

A. This game is solely authored by Dioxine, not designed by committee. You can also suggest changes or ideas, but don't expect it to happen unless you can show a lot of evidence and work behind your suggestion. You can always make your own changes but editing the ruleset if something upsets you!"

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 23, 2015, 08:15:32 pm »
Oh man! I had no interest in the superhero line of research before, but now I think I will dedicate a brainer to those matters!

And indeed, do keep these in. Piratez benefits from the commentaries, it is the setting which makes it more than just gunz, slaves and eye-candiez.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.95A - 3 Oct - Star Gods' Revenge
« Reply #1089 on: October 23, 2015, 10:40:32 pm »
Well, unless it's Star Gods. Then it's ragequit-inducing :)

After looking at the code, there are a few things I have to say:
(1) I am very impressed by the idea of using lofttempSet this way.
(2) I am very astonished by the way the concept of "line of sight" is used in this game.
(3) I would prefer to have stealth implemented in a more conventional way like reducing the number of tiles a unit can be seen from.
(4) There is no fucking way I am ever going to fight invisible flying plasma vomiting brain frying weather vanes again.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 23, 2015, 11:34:38 pm »
Oh man! I had no interest in the superhero line of research before, but now I think I will dedicate a brainer to those matters!

And indeed, do keep these in. Piratez benefits from the commentaries, it is the setting which makes it more than just gunz, slaves and eye-candiez.

In my first playthrough, I savescummed whenever I lost my Bat Glad. :(

I just imagine some horribly tortured slave that now believes he's some sort of superhero that can only say "BAT GLAD!" like Groot. He smashes down doors, looking for enemies, screaming, "BAT GLAD!! BAT GLAD!!" Fisticuffs some dudes or taser enemies followed by shouts of "BAT GLAD!"

And of course... Batman theme song but change the lyrics to "Nanananana BAT GLAD!"

I got really into that research. I was SO disappointed it didn't culminate into something, like skimpy superhero clothes for the Gals that gave massive boosts to Bravery and Psi Skill but armor equal to unarmored and vulnerability to incendiary. (Basically a direct upgrade to Unarmored).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1091 on: October 24, 2015, 12:46:41 am »
This ain't 1.0 yet. Star Gods balancing (and tools to deal with 'em) will be provided, also the Superhero research branch is not really complete.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 24, 2015, 03:12:41 am »
I can only imagine what crazy things you will do with this new soldier change, Dioxine.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95B - 24 Oct - Sink The Bismarck
« Reply #1093 on: October 24, 2015, 03:38:34 am »
(New version up!)

No idea yet, but you can pan ideas out. In theory, someone could, for example, make male pirates or whatever. We still need to wait till at least Yankes incorporates these changes, and... well, the potential is awesome, but I didn't plan for it in advance and tried to make the mod without it. For certain, I could make other races recruitable, like Lamias or brutes but likely with just 1-2 armors per race, due to workload required to make armors. Some units will stay HWP to limit their use (eg. dogs, Advisors). This is getting beyond what a single person can do :)

For now, enjoy 0.95B; not 0.96 since I've barely scratched what I wanted to do for 0.96: three low-level factions forking from current Bandits. But the changes are many, still, and not only fixes... I've wanted to concentrate on the outstanding problems to give Meridian as good as possible base for the LP.
The bad news is lower starting melee and bravery; in return gals gained +10 health (min, max & cap). There are many new ships, mostly for overhauled Crackdown mission. Can you chase the Sentries? Can you shoot down a Battleship? This is mixed, again - now there are FIVE possible assault runs, so base defences are worth building, as each of these ships has different HP (400-900-1500-2400-3500).
Next, there is morale-restoring Battle Flag, and its upgrade. New weapons and ammo (most of them hard to find).
Next - nerfs. For one, tank nerf, in the form that you must produce ammo for almost all tank weapons, and tanks require 2 wrecks apiece to be build. Craft Missiles require some energy weapon pieces, so you can actually use those for something. Mercs and Power Armor are a bit harder to kill with Melee.
Oh yeah, and I've tried to make Rank images - let me know what you think!
And finally, a bit of lore articles.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:46:00 am by Dioxine »

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95B - 24 Oct - Sink The Bismarck
« Reply #1094 on: October 24, 2015, 04:09:36 am »
new version eh?, too bad i will have to start a new game :C