Author Topic: Question about inventory  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Question about inventory
« on: April 21, 2015, 02:01:59 am »
Heya all. Been fiddling with a new game lately. I would like to know a few things about the inventory. Do expendable items in a soldier's inventory (such as grenades, ammunition, electro-flares) get used up if they're on somebody's body or are they safely recovered with me? if I don't use them? I seem to recall that ammo clips would disappear even if I never used them. Or were they just being used to reload the guns after the battle and I didn't know?

If I throw an electro-flare, is it salvaged after the battle? If I throw it then later on pick it back up and put it in my backpack is it saved? Or once I throw it it's gone? And prox grenades? Are primed (but unexploded) prox grenades recovered?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Question about inventory
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 02:36:30 am »
everything that isn't used up or destroyed gets recovered, whether on the soldier or the ground, assuming you are successful in the mission. electro flares never get "used up" but they can be destroyed in explosions. if a prox grenade does not detonate, it will be recovered. ammunition is recovered as the total number of rounds remaining in all clips recovered, divided by the size of the clip itself. so assuming you have 10 rifle clips, with 2 bullets spent each, you would get 9 clips back (rather than the 0 you would get in vanilla)
or, to express it numerically: (10 * (20 - 2)) / 20 = 180 / 20 = 9
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:04:07 am by Warboy1982 »

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:45:03 am »
Ah excellent to hear how many things have been changed and fixed. My list of X-com enthusiasts/converts is up to a potential 4 then.

What happens if the division isn't clear (i.e. rifle clips are 10 rounds what if I've shot, say, 13 or 14)?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:54:09 am by Phoenix7786 »

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 03:06:17 am »
it gets rounded down, so you don't get partial clips, you'll just get one fewer.