Author Topic: Alloy Weapons  (Read 9593 times)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
Alloy Weapons
« on: April 17, 2015, 12:09:41 pm »
I made another new mod... my projects are going to get out of hand very quickly I think.  Anyway, this one adds weapons made from Alien Alloys to the game because I wanted to have an upgrade to some of the human weapons.  I also made a new sprite for the Auto-Cannon because I hate the normal sprite.

Click here for mod!

If you find any bugs or have suggestions for it, feel free to post HELPFUL criticisms.

Additional credit to hellrazor for helping me with this mod in the debug phase.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Alloy Weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 04:32:02 pm »
That new Autocannon sprite is quite nice.
In fact, so nice I've decided to sexy it up a bit - this one goes to my gun archives :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 05:07:27 pm by Dioxine »

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 02:30:40 pm »
That new Autocannon sprite is quite nice.
In fact, so nice I've decided to sexy it up a bit - this one goes to my gun archives :)

That looks great!  Any chance you'll do the non-alloy version and the ammo drums so everything matches?  I'd love to include your artwork.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 04:54:47 pm »
I can take a look at the ammo drums, although they already look well enough IMO. As for the non-alloy cannon, I'll look into it when I have the time, since simple 30s recolor doesn't quite cut it, it seems.

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:14:07 pm »
Take your time on it, Dioxine, I'm not in any rush.  Thank you so much for even considering it ^^

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 08:25:26 pm »
Here, non-alloy version.

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 08:28:47 pm »
OMG!  That looks so amazing!  Thank you so much!  When I post the next update for my mod I'll be sure to include it.

If you (or anyone else) were wondering what I was trying to "emulate" for the new autocannon, I used the beam gatling gun from Gundam Unicorn.  *bit of a weeb*
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:35:25 pm by chaosshade »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 04:49:24 pm »
Hi chaosshade,

Neat work on the alloy weapons and the autocannon reskin! (Props to Dioxine too!)

I have been looking for alloy weapons for a while now, to include in the XCom Armoury Expanded as a tier 0.5 type upgrade to go with Warboy's improved shotgun. Could I integrate your mod into the compilation? With due credits, of course.

Thanks in advance!

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 05:45:26 pm »
Sure, you can integrate it if you like.  I'll try to get an updated version of it posted soon so that Dioxine's Auto Cannon models are included in it.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 06:34:00 pm »
Awesome! Thanks :) Looking forward to the upgrade.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 06:39:56 pm »
Hi chaosshade,

Neat work on the alloy weapons and the autocannon reskin! (Props to Dioxine too!)

I have been looking for alloy weapons for a while now, to include in the XCom Armoury Expanded as a tier 0.5 type upgrade to go with Warboy's improved shotgun. Could I integrate your mod into the compilation? With due credits, of course.

Thanks in advance!

I actually scaled the Reinforced Shotgun with the Laser Rifle :)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 05:59:25 am »
Updated this today, so it's ready to integrate into your mod, Arthanor, or anyone else that wants to *glares at hellrazor*

Credit to Dioxine for new Assault Cannon and Alloy Assault Cannon sprites!

You can click here for the mod!

Versions:
- Added new sprites

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 02:50:39 pm »
Really like these weapons and since it takes much longer in redux to get get lasers or plasma they give ur troops a fighting chance. However recently my hard drive packed in and on the new one I had to redownload all OPXC mods and between these times I had seen that there was a v0.2 of ur mod and used it instead of v0.1. But having probs with v0.2 per comments in the modsite itself.

SIMON
Yep noticed what u said myself with v0.2 and with the modsite down for some sort of "port 80" error atm, I can't pull down v0.1. Whenever I start a new game the research topic alloy weapons will not come up but the weapons r all in their ufopedia entries but game crashes if u go into any of them except for alloy pistol!
Yesterday 7:18pm

Didn't have any probs with v0.1 so I'm not sure what's going on here, is there meant to be 2 .rul files as I'm unsure what ".Alloy Weapons.rul.swp" is. Also with 0.2 being an update shud it not have a later date than 0.1 .rul file. Yet 0.1's rul file=17/04/15 but the two from 0.2 r 14/04/15 & 15/04/15. Even tried to reinstall 0.2 just now but same result. In the meantime I'll revert back to 0.1 as my troops need stronger firepower or will soon enough.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 03:24:13 pm »
Didn't have any probs with v0.1 so I'm not sure what's going on here, is there meant to be 2 .rul files as I'm unsure what ".Alloy Weapons.rul.swp" is.
".Alloy Weapons.rul.swp"
This is a temporary file from my editor, probably i forgot to delete it after i fixed the ruleset for chaosshade, you can safely delete it.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 05:07:53 pm »
I don't know I must be doing sumthing wrong/silly but tried the following using the 0.2 version of the mod portal: 0.1 version from the mod portal works grand.

1. Installed 0.2 Resources & Ruleset(without the non ...rul.swp file) into my current game overwriting 0.1 versions and
2. Deleted alloy weapons folder from Resources & the .rul file from Ruleset, did a fresh install of alloy weapons 0.2

However I get the same probs as described earlier, with 0.1 I have the research topic "alien alloy ammo" available. With 0.2 I don't from the same point in my current game on the same save file. What on the earth am I doing wrong? Am I using the wrong files/folders as I looked through the thread on the forum to see if there was an updated .rul file that u mentioned that u fixed for chaosshade. If I go into debug mode the topic mentioned appears with 0.2 on but as "STR_ALIEN_ALLOY_AMMUNITION." If u cud send me the zip file with the updated Resources/Ruleset files and folders and I will delete out the old stuff and put in the fresh stuff. Many thanks and apologies for being a pain in the neck!