aliens

Author Topic: Starting HWP  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Rodi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Starting HWP
« on: April 12, 2015, 05:52:00 pm »
High all, I'm looking at doing some work that could be combined with other mods and right now I'm working on a set of starting HWP for x-com, but I'm having some issues (and balance pending)

The game crashes with the mortar or minigun going into battle and viewing the minigun HWP UFOpaedia article (but only that)

Could I get a second set of eyes because I'm using the tool at https://falkooxc2.pythonanywhere.com/rulcheck#

And it's mostly clean (I'm being lazy about extra languages and the two 'integers' I'm pretty sure are integers in hexadecimal which is what https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=SOUND#Sound_files is showing for SAMPLE2.cat)

Thank you for any help or assistance you can give ^_^

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starting HWP
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 06:14:16 pm »
I think you need the sound numbers in decimal.
And the two instances of "HWP_MINIGUN" are suspicious, I'd rename them to STR_HWP_MINIGUN

Offline Rodi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 06:25:38 pm »
That fixed the UFOpaedia like a charm, but still crashes taking them into battle.

Thanks ^_^

Still some more bug hunting, but great start and so quick too, thank you! :D

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 06:40:55 pm »
I don't know for the minigun tank, but the bigSprite: 5002 of the mortar tank is more than suspicious.

Offline Rodi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 06:50:59 pm »
That was it! ^_^

The tanks go into battle, shoot and die successfully!

(Minigun needs a fix though because it's using the wrong bullet sprite and sound, but that's fixable)

Thank youns SO MUCH for the troubleshooting!  Now for the next tree of ranks *rubs her hands together and giggles)

Spoiler:  Hoping to make this work with xeno operations and compliment it's other trees and improve HWP lifespan throughout it