aliens

Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352595 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [WIP][EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion - v0.99.2b Fix Alien Base Spawning
« Reply #705 on: August 14, 2016, 05:06:28 am »
Fix for changes in latest nightly.
 - Adjusted Ruleset to lastest changes in : openxcom_git_master_2016_08_12_1900

Just copy the attached file in mods/Hardmode_Expansion/Ruleset and overwrite the old file.
To use the newest nightly.

EDIT: Had a Error when adjusting to newest nightly ruleset corrected file attached!!!!!

Also see Newest github commit. jeah i have github now!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 10:19:36 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #706 on: August 16, 2016, 10:22:47 pm »
Bump!

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 24, 2016, 10:13:38 pm »
Spoiler:
Any HyperWave Decoder? Checked the tech tree and I don't see it?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #708 on: August 24, 2016, 11:48:18 pm »
Any HyperWave Decoder? Checked the tech tree and I don't see it?

Check the Craft Tree. It is there.

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 25, 2016, 07:20:19 pm »
Check the Craft Tree. It is there.

Aye found it, thanks. Must have been blind on that day!

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #710 on: August 25, 2016, 07:56:29 pm »
Aye found it, thanks. Must have been blind on that day!

No problems, happens to the best of us :)

How is your progress so far and do you have any ideas for things which need to be changed or so?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #711 on: September 01, 2016, 09:58:01 am »
OK i decided to overwork the CRASHEDPLANE terrain a little bit.
The result looks much better especially the desert version.
See Screenshots:

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 04, 2016, 07:02:22 pm »
I was thinking about running this mod in my next LP since there are so many people running Piratez right now.   Do you consider it to be feature-complete, at least enough for a cohesive run-through?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #713 on: September 04, 2016, 07:08:37 pm »
I was thinking about running this mod in my next LP since there are so many people running Piratez right now.   Do you consider it to be feature-complete, at least enough for a cohesive run-through?

The current BETA Version 0.99.2c is basically free of any major bugs.
The mod in the current stage will give you a decent fight, even thou i had not had the time to implement the Defense, Destroy and Extract Missions from Hobbes Area51, despite that, it is nearly feature complete.
A cohesive run through is surely possible, even thou i am not sure sure you will successfully beat the cydonia mission.

You can not compare it to Piratez, the intent of the mod was different.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #714 on: September 06, 2016, 11:01:52 am »
A new kind of warfare is upon us!
DroneWar

Adding 4 Support Drones and Alien Alloy versions. Will be first released as a standalone mod.
The Drones take up space for HWP's but offer expandable units, with small hitboxes (enemies will probably miss them, but 1 hit is enough to destroy them).
Featuring:
- Drone Scout (More Armor, Smoke Cover)
- Drone Scanner (Fragile, Smoke Cover, Builtin Motion Scanner)
- Drone Medikit (Fragile, Smoke Cover, Builtin Medikit)
- Drone Taser (Fragile, Smoke Cover, Builtin Taser(limited range 7 tiles))

Alien Alloy Version are faster more durable and have more Medikit, Taser Charges
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:07:19 am by hellrazor »

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 12, 2016, 07:50:44 pm »
Well mate, bitten the bullet. Gonna do an LP for this excellent addon. I will do some updating so I can get the drones involved. Recording starts in the next week or so :-)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #716 on: September 12, 2016, 09:05:26 pm »
Well mate, bitten the bullet. Gonna do an LP for this excellent addon. I will do some updating so I can get the drones involved. Recording starts in the next week or so :-)

The Drones are WIP and are not integrated so far.
But you can use the BETA Version 0.99.2c in combination of the updated Scout Drone Mod from here

Its a nice addition and i am currently also useing it in my testrun.
Do NOT pull from my github repo, the stuff there is totally work in progress and some stuff will not work correctly since i am patching stuff left and right.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #717 on: September 15, 2016, 10:07:57 pm »
This mod become dozen levels more harder than I last played it!
I were defeated and beaten around may on Superhuman (-11600 terrible!) and on Veteran (-6500 terrible!). I, what a shame it is, now play on Beginner and now I have +250 at the end of may...

Did you strongly messed with the point system or something? As I saw I more easily got negative points than bonuses when mission summaries occur. And damn the Cyberdiscs! They ALWAYS spawn (4-6 at best per terror but sometimes more) in the middle of a bunch of civs... Either they shot down the civs or I destroy the discs but they explode and kill the civs I got tons of penalty points.

Still love the mixed crews! Good job the research-system. Has serious logic. I only want some flamethrowers in the beginning arsenal as it seems you created billions of bush-covered maps where my soldiers can not shot the aliens but the aliens easily shot my soldiers down... And a lighter flying suit would be also great (modified personal armour with worse stats) for snipers and rocket-launchers... But these are only my dreams :)

And at some place in the pedia texts there are exchanged "then" words were "than" should be.

Overall and summary: Bloody good job! I did not beaten by X-com since 1994! :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #718 on: September 15, 2016, 10:42:37 pm »
This mod become dozen levels more harder than I last played it!
I were defeated and beaten around may on Superhuman (-11600 terrible!) and on Veteran (-6500 terrible!). I, what a shame it is, now play on Beginner and now I have +250 at the end of may...

It depends on version you play 0.99.2c Beta version has some overwork in the pointsystem already.
I can only tell you one thing, you need to counter infiltration missions scorewise. Each successful infiltration grants the aliens 1500 points at the end of the month on top
of the scores the alien base will generate and of course the UFO activity. You need to attack at least a few of the larger UFO's when they are landed to counter this.
So Radar bases are needed -> worldwide coverage.

Did you strongly messed with the point system or something? As I saw I more easily got negative points than bonuses when mission summaries occur. And damn the Cyberdiscs! They ALWAYS spawn (4-6 at best per terror but sometimes more) in the middle of a bunch of civs... Either they shot down the civs or I destroy the discs but they explode and kill the civs I got tons of penalty points.

Cyberdiscs are harmless, Mutons will bring some special Cyberdiscs, they can be considered dangerous.
Terrormissions are designed to give you kinda of a zero score, or slightly negative. Missing them and letting them despawn will cost you seriously, you will loose 2000 points when they despawn. Flying there and doing liftoff is kinda okish with ~ -1000. If you are sure and or need the money fight it out. Score should zero out.

Still love the mixed crews! Good job the research-system. Has serious logic. I only want some flamethrowers in the beginning arsenal as it seems you created billions of bush-covered maps where my soldiers can not shot the aliens but the aliens easily shot my soldiers down... And a lighter flying suit would be also great (modified personal armour with worse stats) for snipers and rocket-launchers... But these are only my dreams :)

Implemeting Flamethrowers in vanilla OCX is tricky. I already saw them on the Final Mod Pack, but so far have not considered it. The bush covered maps are from the Terrain Pack Integration, some of the maps need some overwork thou. Because the bush coverage on some maps is in my eyes to much. I will fix this in the future, didn't had the time so far. You can get the normal Flying Suits pretty quickly if you invest into this form of research, question is if you have the funds to do so.

And at some place in the pedia texts there are exchanged "then" words were "than" should be.

I am not a english native speaker, but I appreciate your feedback in this regard, could you tell me which UFOpaedia articles, so i can correct it?

Overall and summary: Bloody good job! I did not beaten by X-com since 1994! :)

Glad you liked it, working on some new toys, the drones :)

One last question thou, did you encounter any financial issues ingame?

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #719 on: September 16, 2016, 10:15:50 pm »
Yeah, I use the latest version (without drones).

The typos I found so far:
Alien language: then should be than
Alien biology: then should be than
If I find more I shall note you but so far I researched only that much topics...

Monetary troubles? Yeah, first month is an "inkasso" as I were need to set up at least two more bases. That and recruit more scientists quickly depleted my cash (Floater base could brought back some of the money thanks for the loot)...

And grenade launchers need constant manually reload. All the other girls and boys resupply from available clips and put them in their inventory but grenades not. If I not check the Skyranger (it is enough to enter the list screen of weapons on board) after every missions, grenadier boy forget to pick some grenades for his baby... What is a big surprise in the next battle! Boom! No ammo lads, we sucked... Even rocket launchers auto-resupply untill there are enough reserves in the stores.