Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352669 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [WIP][EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion - v0.96 Bugfixes and Languages
« Reply #465 on: November 06, 2015, 07:33:28 am »
SKYSTRIKER in alien alloy blue.

Todo to complete it:
- make Slidedooranimation
- make turned stairs
- UFOPaedia Picture (reworking the original if possible)
- Base Icon and Interception Icons - DONE

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:54:39 am by hellrazor »

Offline marsmann

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 09, 2015, 09:07:10 am »
Hi Hellrazor,

I am trying your mod in the latest version. I attached a save where I get an error with ctd, it comes in the beginning of march (yes, a bit in the future), the error reads "vector::_m_Range_check"
To see it you can just put the time to 1 day and wait. Do you have an idea where it comes from?

And one bug reporting: You changed the tu's from the original knife to 25% instead of 10, but I think the ufopedia states otherwise.

And good work with the mod, I like it.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #467 on: November 09, 2015, 09:39:50 am »
Hi marsmann,
I will look into the error this evening.
I am glad you like it :-)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #468 on: November 09, 2015, 06:38:23 pm »
What i found out is, that the game tries to execute a Terrorsite on Trindade Island (Missionzone South Atlantic),
Which then causes the CTD.

I so far have no clue why, since i didn't notice this issue in my current testrun and i had a few Port Attack missions myself,
but not in this missionzone.

I need to debug this further.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:16:01 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #469 on: November 09, 2015, 08:15:37 pm »
Hi Hellrazor,

I am trying your mod in the latest version. I attached a save where I get an error with ctd, it comes in the beginning of march (yes, a bit in the future), the error reads "vector::_m_Range_check"
To see it you can just put the time to 1 day and wait. Do you have an idea where it comes from?

And one bug reporting: You changed the tu's from the original knife to 25% instead of 10, but I think the ufopedia states otherwise.

And good work with the mod, I like it.

marsmann,
i found the error, and fixed the savegame for you.
obviously the missionSiteZone generated for the Terrormission was wrong (no clue how). It was set to -1 (default value) instead of 1.
Fixed save attached.

UFOPaedia article is totally fine. Since i changed those weapons to tuMelee and removed the flatrate vs  percentage.

And uncheat your soldiers :P

EDIT: Did you import the savegame file from a original game file were you hexedited the soldiers or so?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:03:03 pm by hellrazor »

Offline marsmann

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 10, 2015, 08:16:29 am »
Thank You very much hellrazor.

I don't want to uncheat them, as I enjoy most the economic and research part of the game. At the moment my time is short, so I don't want to have that many long outside missions. Your mod is even this way a challenge.

I didn't import them. In the original game you had to edit the values via hexedit in the soldiers.dat(?), but in openxcom the values are written directly in your savegame. You can just edit the savefile with a text editor and you will find everything there.

If you still need some german translations can you show me how to do them? I don't think I can help you a lot, but maybe I can take some.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #471 on: November 10, 2015, 07:33:22 pm »
If you still need some german translations can you show me how to do them? I don't think I can help you a lot, but maybe I can take some.

Regarding a German translation:

Ich bin da gerade selber dabei, momentan ist es ein Mix aus englisch und deutsch.
Ich häng hier mal die Deutsche Sprachdatei mit ran, einfach mit einem editor wie notepad++ öffnen und übersetzen :)
Die Itemnamen und die namen von Aliens usw hab ich schon gemacht, was mehr Zeit braucht sind die UFOpaediatexte und so.
Zudem die Städtenamen vom Terrainpack.

Kannst ja mal reinschauen. Falls du was übersetzt hast kannste es einfach hier posten ich bau das dann ein.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #472 on: November 10, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »
Thank You very much hellrazor.

I don't want to uncheat them, as I enjoy most the economic and research part of the game. At the moment my time is short, so I don't want to have that many long outside missions. Your mod is even this way a challenge.

I didn't import them. In the original game you had to edit the values via hexedit in the soldiers.dat(?), but in openxcom the values are written directly in your savegame. You can just edit the savefile with a text editor and you will find everything there.

The savegame i attached should fix the Terrormissioncrash, i didn't change anything else, only fixed the bug.
Well if it is a challenge for you nevertheless and you enjoy the other parts of the game more, feel free todo as you please.

The good thing is Warboy was able to make a fix for the Savegame Importer for savefiles from the original game ;)
Your bugreport improved the overall codebase, be proud.
Even thou i still have no clue how the missionSiteZone was set to -1 for a Terrormission, it shouldn't.
I also didn't notice this in my own testrun, but when i will find the time i will make a proper test setup to find this, Warboy also requested a savefile, before the Terrormission is generated with a -1 missionSiteZone, my first conclusive tests didn't let this happen, but maybe some more extrem testing will provide this.

In any case if everyone else encounters this error, i am inclined, to get a savegame from the month before, so i can look at how the mission was generated (missions are only picked at the end of the month and obviously at gamestart).

Offline marsmann

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 11, 2015, 10:09:33 am »
The good thing is Warboy was able to make a fix for the Savegame Importer for savefiles from the original game ;)
Your bugreport improved the overall codebase, be proud.
In any case if everyone else encounters this error, i am inclined, to get a savegame from the month before, so i can look at how the mission was generated (missions are only picked at the end of the month and obviously at gamestart).

Well, glad I could help allthough honestly I do not understand which bug you mean. Can you explain what was fixed? Just being curious...

Unfortunately I don't think I can help with a savefile. I got some saves a few days before the one I sent to you, but this is all after mid of february. As I understand You this doesn't help? But I always thought that the Terror missions for march would be generated at the end of february, so after the save I sent you?
Hm, wish You good luck with the bug, for me it is also the first time to find this Thing.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #474 on: November 12, 2015, 08:39:35 am »
Well, glad I could help allthough honestly I do not understand which bug you mean. Can you explain what was fixed? Just being curious...

Unfortunately I don't think I can help with a savefile. I got some saves a few days before the one I sent to you, but this is all after mid of february. As I understand You this doesn't help? But I always thought that the Terror missions for march would be generated at the end of february, so after the save I sent you?
Hm, wish You good luck with the bug, for me it is also the first time to find this Thing.

Well we had the theorie that you imported a savegame from the original game and somehow merged it while playing my mod, it was just a hunch, which proved to be false, but Warboy found a bug in the savegame converter, which could have been responsible for the wrong missionSiteZone value in your case. To be precise this here.

Offline marsmann

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 12, 2015, 01:32:08 pm »
Thanks Hellrazor.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #476 on: November 13, 2015, 04:11:23 pm »
Thanks Hellrazor.

Yeah dude no problem :>

On another occasion, i decided to modify the THUNDER Map a little bit.
The initial spawn point has been moved 1 back, so Soldiers on the sides can diagonally shoot out of the craft,
without a tank or soldier blocking their LOF.
I also removed the possibility to rearrange your troops inside on turn 1, without stepping outside (flying coffin :D).
Unfortunatly i guess i will skip the version with the doors in the standalone Version because of this.

Offline marsmann

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 14, 2015, 12:07:45 pm »
Hi Hellrazor,

maybe I can give you the example Warboy was looking for. I attached 2 save files. One of february, with no terror mission, and the second in march where there is a terror mission with the "-1" in it.
I can fix it now myself, thanks to you, but maybe it helps to find the bug.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #478 on: November 14, 2015, 12:17:16 pm »
Hi Hellrazor,

maybe I can give you the example Warboy was looking for. I attached 2 save files. One of february, with no terror mission, and the second in march where there is a terror mission with the "-1" in it.
I can fix it now myself, thanks to you, but maybe it helps to find the bug.

Thx i will look into it :>
And btw the Expanded Ubase Rework Mod is a integrated part of Hardmode Expansion, no need to slap it on extra. :>

EDIT: Good now i can reproduce this and maybe Warboy too i will talk to him as soon as he is back online.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:28:43 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #479 on: November 15, 2015, 07:42:19 am »
Fix for missionSiteZone: -1 CTD Bug and Loaderror for Nightly Version openxcom_git_master_2015_11_15_0806 or newer.

This applies for ALL Versions of Hardmode Expansion.

You need to take the following four steps:

Step one:
 - download the attached regions.rul file and copy it towards mods/Hardmode_Expansion/Ruleset/ overwrite it.
Step two:
- make a geoscape save of your current campaign.

YOU NEED TO EDIT YOUR SAVEGAME!

Open up the the savegame with a texteditor (for example notepad++)

Step three:

Goto section "  possibleMissions:"
and remove STR_ALIEN_TERROR from the regions, if STR_ALIEN_TERROR is the only mission currently asigned replace it with STR_ALIEN_RESEARCH

EXAMPLE:
A entry like this:
Code: [Select]
  possibleMissions:
    - region: STR_INDIAN_OCEAN
      missions:
        STR_ALIEN_RESEARCH: 15
        STR_ALIEN_TERROR: 15
    - region: STR_SOUTH_ATLANTIC
      missions:
        STR_ALIEN_TERROR: 15

Needs to look like this:
  possibleMissions:
    - region: STR_INDIAN_OCEAN
      missions:
    - region: STR_SOUTH_ATLANTIC
      missions:

Step four:
 - check currently active alienMissions for STR_ALIEN_TERROR with missionSiteZone: -1

EXAMPLE:
A entry like this:
alienMissions:
  - type: STR_ALIEN_TERROR
    region: STR_PACIFIC
    race: STR_GAZER
    nextWave: 2
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    spawnCountdown: 21090
    liveUfos: 0
    uniqueID: 74
    missionSiteZone: -1

Needs to be changed to this:
alienMissions:
  - type: STR_ALIEN_TERROR
    region: STR_PACIFIC
    race: STR_GAZER
    nextWave: 2
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    spawnCountdown: 21090
    liveUfos: 0
    uniqueID: 74
    missionSiteZone: 0

DO NOT CHANGE VALUES OF ANY OTHER MISSION! ONLY STR_ALIEN_TERROR NEEDS TO BE CHECKED AND CHANGED
I apologize for this oversight. Because it was a really really subtle one which i only could track down with the help of our mighty developer Warboy!
All Hail Warboy!

This fix should also apply to ALL MODS having integrated the Terrainpack, and useing its regions.rul settings (Version 3.7 of the Terrainpack).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:36:04 pm by hellrazor »