Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352600 times)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
You need to interrogate 1 more Alien Medic for it to Pop up :P
Spoiler:
A  STR_GAZER_MEDIC !
What a surprise! Sorry I couldn't resist and looked into the .rul file. :)

Well you skipped Laser Weapons completly. So you also skipped the opportunity to produce Laser Canons for Cash (they do not require Elerium-115 or Alien Alloys).
I normally skip the Laser weapons as Plasma are always better and within reach. But it looks like this time it wasn't good choice. I may complete the research just so I have an excuse to layoff those expensive scientists.
I can see the laser weapons almost completely superseded. With plenty of ammunition from dead aliens, plasma weapons are not in a short supply.
Spoiler:
My normal set-up is Plasma-Sniper (Elerium) and Plasma shotgun (Elerium) in the backpack for close quarters, including those pesky Armored Sectopod, Just an auto blast in the ass and they are a goner! Of course a blaster bomb is always on hand. :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Spoiler:
A  STR_GAZER_MEDIC !
What a surprise! Sorry I couldn't resist and looked into the .rul file. :)
I normally skip the Laser weapons as Plasma are always better and within reach. But it looks like this time it wasn't good choice. I may complete the research just so I have an excuse to layoff those expensive scientists.
I can see the laser weapons almost completely superseded. With plenty of ammunition from dead aliens, plasma weapons are not in a short supply.
Spoiler:
My normal set-up is Plasma-Sniper (Elerium) and Plasma shotgun (Elerium) in the backpack for close quarters, including those pesky Armored Sectopod, Just an auto blast in the ass and they are a goner! Of course a blaster bomb is always on hand. :)

Any alive alien medic should unlock it. If not then something is missing.
About those blue hulking ones, yes this is the weak spot by design. Problem is to reach it, otherwise Blaster Bombs are the way to go.
You also should take a look at the research tree graphic, its in the mod folder.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Any alive alien medic should unlock it. If not then something is missing.
I have researched I think all the alien medics except for the one I mentioned earlier, see my savegame for details. Yet no Psi-Amp research present.
By the way the Alien Habitat is of any use?

You also should take a look at the research tree graphic, its in the mod folder.
Yes, I did. It's pretty neat. This how I ended up asking those questions.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I have researched I think all the alien medics except for the one I mentioned earlier, see my savegame for details. Yet no Psi-Amp research present.

All Medics should have the ability to unlock it, they all have the same list with unlocks. Btw which Version are you running on?

By the way the Alien Habitat is of any use?

Well it is MCD type which can be set, same as for example Alien Reproduction. And if someone made some Artwork for a UFOPaedia Article for it,
it could be included as a researchable Item. At the moment you an only sell it for 100$.

Yes, I did. It's pretty neat. This how I ended up asking those questions.

You can research the same type of alive aliens multiple times, until all there unlocks and getOneFree options are exhausted.
The unlocks have conditions which need to be met until they unlock, for example they need another research to be fulfilled first.
You should be fine research any Alien Medic to get the unlock.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
All Medics should have the ability to unlock it, they all have the same list with unlocks. Btw which Version are you running on?
I updated to 0.93 a few days ago. It might be the reason of my problem, potentially some saves could have made the item unreachable.

You should be fine research any Alien Medic to get the unlock.
I sold all my medics along with the engineers and navigators when there was no more research to be extracted from them.
I suppose I can try to capture a Floater Medic from a Lab Ship that just landed.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I updated to 0.93 a few days ago. It might be the reason of my problem, potentially some saves could have made the item unreachable.
I sold all my medics along with the engineers and navigators when there was no more research to be extracted from them.
I suppose I can try to capture a Floater Medic from a Lab Ship that just landed.

Savefiles should not be a problem, since the last serious research fixes were a while ago, version 0.81 or further back.
You will need Engineers and Navigators for the Craft research anyway, so selling them is never a good option.
And yes the Floater Medic will do! Go get him!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:36:17 pm by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Can't wait for version 0.94, current game is of version 0.93 and nightly 2015-08-18-0447. So my question is this, when, hopefully very soon, v0.94 is ready will I just run it off the latest nightly at that time? I could upgrade my game atm to the latest nightly 2015-08-24-0859 but if I'm going to upgrade to v0.94 I might as well wait til then.

Spoiler:
On a mission last night I actually found out what I suspected from an earlier mission that lasers are better vs Gazers than plasma, 25% better per armor.rul. This is always a good reason I feel that you should keep a good range of weapons around as even though it's cumbersome I find the heavy gauss effective vs a lot of aliens even normal mutons to a certain degree. Though I'm thinking that plasma pistols are beginning to be outgunned now, 52 average damage before you consider armor. The only reason I'm using them is for scouts who have a motion scanner in their other hand or a backup weapon for rocketeers

Noticed you said there in your post this morning that you use 200 sciencetists, funnily enough in my research base I use 235 with 15 troops using the rest of the living quaters.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Can't wait for version 0.94, current game is of version 0.93 and nightly 2015-08-18-0447. So my question is this, when, hopefully very soon, v0.94 is ready will I just run it off the latest nightly at that time? I could upgrade my game atm to the latest nightly 2015-08-24-0859 but if I'm going to upgrade to v0.94 I might as well wait til then.
Well upgrading to the latest nightly shouldn't be causing trouble atm. Since most fixes are TFTD related.

Spoiler:
On a mission last night I actually found out what I suspected from an earlier mission that lasers are better vs Gazers than plasma, 25% better per armor.rul. This is always a good reason I feel that you should keep a good range of weapons around as even though it's cumbersome I find the heavy gauss effective vs a lot of aliens even normal mutons to a certain degree. Though I'm thinking that plasma pistols are beginning to be outgunned now, 52 average damage before you consider armor. The only reason I'm using them is for scouts who have a motion scanner in their other hand or a backup weapon for rocketeers
I reworked the Armor value Balances for Waspites, Gazers, Muton Elites and Muton Brain Guards for 0.94. But since i have to add a lot of new stuff, which i need to test first, it will take some time. Also i need to start to prepare for my exams soons. So patience ;>
The Sectoid Elites are also on there way in ^^.

Noticed you said there in your post this morning that you use 200 sciencetists, funnily enough in my research base I use 235 with 15 troops using the rest of the living quaters.

Jeah 200 Scientists seems to be the minimum number needed, to research stuff in time.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I just finished the Ruleset integration of the "Reinforced Power/FlyingSuits"

I also started to make a recolor of it, so i wanna hear some opinions about the colors.
Do you like the original one better or is the light blue one more appropriate?

niculinux

Blue is fine, you may also want to consider other different colors, such as grey for power suit and lighter blue for flying suit? Personal armor is already blue, unless you may also want  change also that?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:02:31 am by niculinux »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Blue ks dine, you may also want to consider othrr different colors, sucj as grey for ppwer suit and lighter blie for flying suit? Personalmarmkr is already blue, unsless you change also that?

Kinda hard to read, could you correct your typos?

niculinux

Kinda hard to read, could you correct your typos?

done, have mercy, Sir  ;D

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
done, have mercy, Sir  ;D

Well i already have the Vanilla Armors in their original colors, and since those are a "Reinforced" Version with higher Armor and additional Ally Plating i thought giving it a Blue touch would be approriate.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Came across a weird glitch there but have managed to work around it for the time being, save and picture attached. When my Thunder went to a mission the alloy laser tank couldn't go down the ramp. The troops were fine, so I tried it with a hover crocodile tank and it got out okay. I then tried a mortar ground tank and it couldn't go down the ramp either. I'm just wondering as I updated to nightly 2015-08-24-0859 today has it maybe got something to do with the latest nightly and the bug (now fixed) I reported regarding walking on top of another soldier's head:

Warboy1982, Mon Aug 24 08:58:05 2015
no more walking on air.

walking on sunshine still acceptable.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Savefiles should not be a problem, since the last serious research fixes were a while ago, version 0.81 or further back.
You will need Engineers and Navigators for the Craft research anyway, so selling them is never a good option.
And yes the Floater Medic will do! Go get him!

I captured a floater leader, two medics, one engineers and two navigators. Only the leader showed up in the research screen. No psi-amp yet.

Let's see what the floater leader spits. While waiting the month passed and a Gazer base was discovered. And
Spoiler:
after a painstaking mind probing search and the loss of one of my best psi-resistant trooper, I managed to capture the elusive Gazer Medic. And shows in the research screen. Let's see what happens when he/she/it cracks up.