Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352633 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Try this attachment.

Thanks, goes into next Version. Catching those typo or grammar errors in UFOpaedia articles is really business. I tought i had all of them already...

Spoiler:
You've a very fair point regarding the medic dependency. Just if I'm ever tweaking myself is it possible to have two unlocks that say both need an engineer or would researching the first unlock the second at the same time
Hm.. judgeing from what i have done with the research tech tree stuff, i would say it is possible.

Spoiler:
Like this maybe:
Code: [Select]
- STR_EXAMPLE
  cost: 100
  dependencies:
    - STR_EXAMPLE_UNLOCK_1
- STR_EXAMPLE_UNLOCK_1
  requires:
    - STR_EXAMPLE_UNLOCK_2
  dependencies:
    - STR_EXAMPLE_UNLOCK_2
- STR_EXAMPLE_UNLOCK_2
  requires:
    - STR_SOMETHING_ELSE

You then would theretically need an Alien Engineer with:
- STR_EXAMPLE_ENGINEER
  unlocks:
    - STR_EXAMPLE_UNLOCK_1
    - STR_EXMAPLE_UNLOCK_2

Something in this direction probably.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:28:34 am by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
If have decided to beautify the normal Flying Suits.
Useing the Graphics Parts from Flying Armor Mod from 54x

To create a complete new sprite for the Vanilla Fyling Suits.
They do have now there own death animation and even a Custom CorpseSprite.
See attached Screenshots/Sprites.

EDIT: Next up is creating seperate Sprite sheet for Moriaties Power Armor Delux
and recolor it a little bit in the style of shadics personal Armor.
This will be used for a advanced lategame Armor, which is intended to help Soldier Survival a little bit. There will be a "Reinforced Power Suit" and a "Reinforced Fyling Suit".
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:45:09 pm by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
That'll be nice, I assume that all of what you've mentioned will be version 0.94 when it's ready. In my current game I've been using the first attached mod to act as a bridge between personal armor and power suits as atm I'm only up to researching powersuits. But will have to start mass producing powersuits asap as the personal armor variants are beginning to be outmatched, well I'm at the end of September in the first year. I also put on the second mod as an armor for the final mission but it's op, though that is somewhat offset by the huge manufacturing costs. Therefore an advanced lategame armor would be a more balanced alternative to Ironman suits. I personally do think that you have nailed it on the time it takes you to get various technologies as atm I'm only starting into plasma weapons, powersuits and my troops are almost at the end of their first month's psi training. Looking forward to version 0.94.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
That'll be nice, I assume that all of what you've mentioned will be version 0.94 when it's ready. In my current game I've been using the first attached mod to act as a bridge between personal armor and power suits as atm I'm only up to researching powersuits. But will have to start mass producing powersuits asap as the personal armor variants are beginning to be outmatched, well I'm at the end of September in the first year. I also put on the second mod as an armor for the final mission but it's op, though that is somewhat offset by the huge manufacturing costs. Therefore an advanced lategame armor would be a more balanced alternative to Ironman suits. I personally do think that you have nailed it on the time it takes you to get various technologies as atm I'm only starting into plasma weapons, powersuits and my troops are almost at the end of their first month's psi training. Looking forward to version 0.94.

In my testrun i prioritized Armor research somewhat and had Power Suits relatively earlie, when Mutons appeared. My Problem is that it is now end of December and i still haven't researched Heavy Plasma yet. I researched all other Plasma weapons so far and i am currently researching Blaster Launchers :D

Spoiler:
This left me really really outgunned against Muton Elites, since they do not really care about the damage of Conventional and Laser Weapons. Luckily i had somehwat trained PSI Soldiers so i could let them kill each other, while my whole Squad was trying to kill 1 or 2 Muton Elites with Lasers *lol*.

The new reinforced Power and Fyling Suits will only be avaible after interrogation alive Sectopod and alive Armored Sectopod. Well of course you need Power, Flying Suit before that and the Alien Data Core.

I haven't really thought about the stats yet, but they will also feature +20 Stamina and -20 weight. Maybe a slight increase in TimeUnits: +10 TU.
And of course there Armor values. I am still debatting this, either give them a 0.8 Plasma Damage Modifier and leave the Armor values as they are,
or increase FrontArmor to 130 and the all the others by +10. Or do a combination of both.
The Prices for these Armors will be enormous :P

SIMON did you run into any Elerium-115 or Alien Alloy shortages?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:54:26 am by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
SIMON did you run into any Elerium-115 or Alien Alloy shortages?
No not atm, is there some glitch/bug that has occurred in your run through but I just built 24 power suits so that took about 200 E115, I actually sold almost 200 alloys as my main manfacturing base was running low on space. Also atm I've a Muton base in western Russia that I'll milk for the supply ships. The only other alien base is a Sectoid one in China but I'm waiting til my troops are much psi stronger before tackling that one, I suppose I can always milk their supply ships too as there will only be 1 sectoid leader. If you checked out the bug tracker there's a nice one I encountered in the last terror mission I finished last night. I also see that the Chrysallids do seem more aggressive as on that mission a Stunblaster didn't stop one but luckily enough I had my two best snipers with a gauss and laser sniper rifle in good positions to persuade it to go to sleep.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
No not atm, is there some glitch/bug that has occurred in your run through but I just built 24 power suits so that took about 200 E115, I actually sold almost 200 alloys as my main manfacturing base was running low on space.
Nope no glitch bug, but i increased Elerium-115 and Alien Alloy Costs for basically everything.
The amount of Elerium-115 is also reduced from 50 to 35. This is a 30% drop.

Also atm I've a Muton base in western Russia that I'll milk for the supply ships. The only other alien base is a Sectoid one in China but I'm waiting til my troops are much psi stronger before tackling that one, I suppose I can always milk their supply ships too as there will only be 1 sectoid leader.

The aliens should act like in Vanilla regarding their Psi Attack strength, they do have increased Psi defense thou.

If you checked out the bug tracker there's a nice one I encountered in the last terror mission I finished last night.

I wasn't aware of this happening, when you drop down a unit on another one. Just read the bugtracker, you should supply Warboy with
a Vanilla savegame, or a easy way to reproduce the issue, so he can fix it. :)

I also see that the Chrysallids do seem more aggressive as on that mission a Stunblaster didn't stop one but luckily enough I had my two best snipers with a gauss and laser sniper rifle in good positions to persuade it to go to sleep.

Got to hear that they behave as they should be. Charging the shit out of your X-Com Soldiers.

On further Notice i finished the Sprites for the Reinforced Power and Flying Suits, i haven't decided on which color to give them thou.
Also i noticed that there is way to replace the punny Sectoids in the lategame with a Armored Version (there are some Sprites in the FMP i saw)
I will probably put those also in, they will still be Sectoids statswise but will have stronger Armor and be accompinied by Armored Cyberdiscs as a replacement of there
normal ones.
I guess fading them in as a replacement, the same time Gazer Mission occur will be a good thing, do you agree?

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Yep but better Sectoids does sound like the Mechtoids mod a bit but if only the armor stats and their accompanying terror units change I would be all on for it. Are you going to change their sprite look at all so they don't look like they're fighting au natural. Never did understand that from vanilla but who am I to quuestion the original developers choices.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Yep but better Sectoids does sound like the Mechtoids mod a bit but if only the armor stats and their accompanying terror units change I would be all on for it. Are you going to change their sprite look at all so they don't look like they're fighting au natural. Never did understand that from vanilla but who am I to quuestion the original developers choices.

Yepp other Sprites are the way to go. The FMP has some nice ones in it i think. At least i saw them sometime.

See attached Pic, they are lacking UFOPaedia Pictures or i haven't found them yet.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:19:11 pm by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Nice, makes them look nastier as well.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Nice, makes them look nastier as well.

I am not really sure from were Solarius had those, since there aren't any UFOPaedia Pictures in there.
Which is a shame since putting those in would require exactly those.

EDIT: Btwi finished the BigOb for the Flying Suit :) So wie have two different ones now.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:39:31 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
The armoured Sectoids were made by XOps. (I slightly modified the picture to enlarge the head, because it was smaller than the non-helmeted one.)

niculinux

Na i was just kidding i use the matching weapon stuff from tollworkout, i like it more.

No offense to the Author of this mod.

you never know, in the meantime i'd propose the laser reskin mod as of replacement sprites for laver weapins. These may require clips, that may be renamed "batteries"

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
The armoured Sectoids were made by XOps. (I slightly modified the picture to enlarge the head, because it was smaller than the non-helmeted one.)

Hm..kay oh and i see he also has appropriate UfoPaedia Pictures. Which makes me even more happy :>
So we will have nasty Armored Sectoids in the lategame, instead of normal Sectoids, sounds kinda fun i guess :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:29:52 am by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I also found a Inventory Spritesheet for my MutonBrainGuards.
The original Picture is by xOp's. I did recolor it.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
you never know, in the meantime i'd propose the laser reskin mod as of replacement sprites for laver weapins. These may require clips, that may be renamed "batteries"

I am aware of those already. And when i was writing the inital alpha ruleset, i actually used them, but replaced them by the ones from matching weapon colors from tollworkout.
And since my Weaponlist is fixed (only exception are the melee Plasmablades, but i haven't thought of how to put them in the alienDeployments). I am not gonna use them.