Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352758 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
No apart from the xcom1 file hardmode is the only one that has item levels, even tried another fresh install with only hardmode loading last after the pre set mods like pistol auto shot. I'm only using 5 of them. Still getting the same error. Then I tried with only hardmode and still the same as soon as the alien base mission tries to start, doesn't even get to the inventory screen. The save attached is with only hardmode.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
No apart from the xcom1 file hardmode is the only one that has item levels, even tried another fresh install with only hardmode loading last after the pre set mods like pistol auto shot. I'm only using 5 of them. Still getting the same error. Then I tried with only hardmode and still the same as soon as the alien base mission tries to start, doesn't even get to the inventory screen. The save attached is with only hardmode.

Jeah i just tried myself and there is a bug somewere. I search for it at the moment.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account

Simon i found the error!

I will release another Version, with the patch and someother patches....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:34:32 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Bugfix Release

Players which have already downloaded Version 0.89, be advised to update towards 0.90 asap, since there is a critical Bug in it.

Version 0.90
 - Fix Wall tiles on 1 Excavator Map
 - Fix some Groundtiles on a few Excavator Maps
 - Fix Sectoid Medic Missing Bravery and Psi Str Increase
 - Fix alienDeployment for Alien Base Assault
 - Fix wrong MADDECOR.MCD file
 - Fix wrong MADURBAN maps
 - Reduced Elerium-115 amount you recieve per UFO Power Source (50->35)

Modportal Link

Readme attached here
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:50:30 pm by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
That has seemed to do the trick, started a new game with nightly 2015-07-27-1005, no Mechtoids, though I have to use the nightly exe rather than extended v2.4 (was looking forward to 4 weapons on a craft and the training room facility) but I'll maybe post a message on that thread as it's a bit weird but I'll not complain too much. It works and I can assault the base, probably get creamed but that's half the fun. The terror mission I'm doing at the minute is "alens attack infrastructure". Should be a hoot as its sectoid, floaters and both their terror units.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
That has seemed to do the trick, started a new game with nightly 2015-07-27-1005, no Mechtoids, though I have to use the nightly exe rather than extended v2.4 (was looking forward to 4 weapons on a craft and the training room facility) but I'll maybe post a message on that thread as it's a bit weird but I'll not complain too much. It works and I can assault the base, probably get creamed but that's half the fun. The terror mission I'm doing at the minute is "alens attack infrastructure". Should be a hoot as its sectoid, floaters and both their terror units.

Well the Terrormissions now have different Labels, depending on what terrain you will find there. It is upposed to be a little help, so you can decide, if you bring more Rocket Launcher or more Grenade Launcher. So you can adept the equipment a little bit, if you like.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
I've been working on spreadsheets over the last day and have done graphs for the figures, which I find useful. They show the maximum chance for the psionic aliens to mind control/panic your troop and your chance at 20 squares distant to mind control them (I rarely use panic). Would it be ok to put them on this thread and if any one wants them as an aid they can download them. These graphs will only work for hardmode as they're based on those psi stats.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I've been working on spreadsheets over the last day and have done graphs for the figures, which I find useful. They show the maximum chance for the psionic aliens to mind control/panic your troop and your chance at 20 squares distant to mind control them (I rarely use panic). Would it be ok to put them on this thread and if any one wants them as an aid they can download them. These graphs will only work for hardmode as they're based on those psi stats.

Feel free to do so.
I actually never really calculated the distance into all of this, so it would be interesting to see.
Could you probably put them into a spoiler field and link them from dropbox or so?

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Spoiler:
I'll send them as an attachment here as it's the simplest way IMHO. They are based on the psionic formula:

% TO DO A SUCCESSFUL PSI ATTACK = 100/56(C+AS-DS-D)

where C=25(MC) & 45(PANIC), AS=ATTACK STRENGTH OF ATTACKER, DS=DEFENCE STRENGTH OF DEFENDER and D=NO OF SQUARES TO POTENTIAL TARGET.

These graphs are based on Superhuman difficulty and in defending from psionic attack, it assumes the best chance for an alien at 1 square away from you. The other graphs when you are attacking are based on 20 squares distance(visual range). Naturally as D increases the % goes down and vice versa. By the formula you could have a minus % or greater than 100% chance but those are only by maths. Unlike stated accuracy of a shot 100 or greater is a guaranteed success and 0 or less an automatic failure. I think it's useful to refer to as I like to have at least a 50% chance of success so these can be a limited aid.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Announcement:

The current Version of Hardmode Expansion (v 0.90), is not compatible with openxcom_git_master_2015_07_28_1355 or newer.

Please use openxcom_git_master_2015_07_28_0903 with Version 0.90 or older Versions of Hardmode Expansion.

I am currently working on Updating the ruleset, there will be a new Version release soon.
hellrazor
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:11:35 am by hellrazor »

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
So based on the current development work on this mod, when is the best time to jump into a good play test?

Should I hang around for a few weeks for any major changes, or get straight in this evening?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
So based on the current development work on this mod, when is the best time to jump into a good play test?

Should I hang around for a few weeks for any major changes, or get straight in this evening?

Well the current 0.90 Version is in pretty good shape, it is missing the Specialmissions thou, but those will take a while to design and to test.
So feel free to hop in just make sure you didn't use the newest nightly, because there were some severe changes in Openxcom, which i so far have not addressed.

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Will do.

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
You didn't tell me that the aliens throw grenades at you!!!!!! :(

I don't mind one or two, but the moment you step out of the skyranger seems a bit harsh. Is it possible to have the AI only throw them after say turn 2 or 3?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Is it possible to have the AI only throw them after say turn 2 or 3?

It is, but it would be cheating. :P