aliens

Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352581 times)

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile

Anyone interested in new Labship variants?

I am  interested about it

I hope  that you integrate unvanilla ufo too ::)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I am  interested about it

I hope  that you integrate unvanilla ufo too ::)

Well Labship, Fighters, Sentries and Excavators are no Vanilla Ships. They were originally designed by Solarius Scorch -> SolarsNewUFo's.

Or do wanna have more custom designes? Because i have a rules on what UFO's i will put in into my mod.
1.) They need to have a ufopaedia & interception Picture.
2.) There layout should orient itself on the vanilla ships (no clunched together small rooms, doors directly aournd grav lifts and so on).

If somehas a good new UFO which matches these conditions, i am sure i will find a place in my mod to let it show up.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Very nice!

Well Solarius you will like it,
Spoiler:
the Routes i gave it are designed to be more defensivly.
So storming this UFO should be a very dangerous task. Also a couple of the
crew will stay inside and guard it.

I hope it will satisfy everyone :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Would you be open to publishing your UFOs as a separate mod? It would be a great resource to have to spice up an otherwise vanilla playthrough. There was YetMoreUFOs, but some maps were really funky (and some gzegorj didn't get around to fixing).. Or maybe have them integrated in Solarius' Alien Armoury Expanded?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Would you be open to publishing your UFOs as a separate mod? It would be a great resource to have to spice up an otherwise vanilla playthrough. There was YetMoreUFOs, but some maps were really funky (and some gzegorj didn't get around to fixing).. Or maybe have them integrated in Solarius' Alien Armoury Expanded?

You see the Vanilla Map Variants i use are actually from YetMoreUFO's Mod. I did check Medium Scouts and Large Scouts already and modified them to a very small degree (mostly only optical you won't really notice). I also started doing this for the Harvester and for the Abductors Maps.
I do have planned to add more Variants for Vanilla UFO's, for example there only exist 10 Terrorships and 8 Abductors, but this will take a while.

The UFO's i made for my Mod, are actually Variations of the Original ones from SolarsNewUFO's Mod. I do provide Solarius Scorch with all updates, new Maps i make for those, so he can put them into the FMP or into a updated Version of SolarsNewUFO's Mod, or whatever he wishes.

I could do a vanilla variants Mod, which would only contain variants of those, as a standalone (a replacement for Luke's Extra UFO's if you like).
Is that what you have in mind?

Also feel free to do this yourself, you may use the Maps as you see fit, but give Credit to the Original authors and myself :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
On my ToDo list is creating a modular set of mods for aliens, where multiple races would be defined in a way that they don't conflict (ex.: currently, loaded mixed alien crews screws up the race weight and makes races like robin's almost impossible to see, while races that have their own missions are unaffected since the missions are picked first), also with possible alternate/advanced alien weapon sets and UFOs. So sort of an Alien Armoury Expanded++

I've you don't mind me "harvesting" your maps from the Hardmode mod, then I'll do that so I can add them to this mod set when I finally get to it. Thanks!

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
On my ToDo list is creating a modular set of mods for aliens, where multiple races would be defined in a way that they don't conflict (ex.: currently, loaded mixed alien crews screws up the race weight and makes races like robin's almost impossible to see, while races that have their own missions are unaffected since the missions are picked first), also with possible alternate/advanced alien weapon sets and UFOs. So sort of an Alien Armoury Expanded++

I've you don't mind me "harvesting" your maps from the Hardmode mod, then I'll do that so I can add them to this mod set when I finally get to it. Thanks!

Well do as you see fit :) But make sure to check the dates on files from time to time, since i fix bugs or modify stuff sometimes.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
It is long overdue!
But finally here is the new Version.
There are a lot of bugfixes here, so i release:

Version 0.89
 - Fix Grav Shield dependency
 - Fix Heavy Plasma dependencies
 - Fix Blaster Launcher Occurancy Rate
 - Fix Blaster Launcher Unlock
 - Fix Waspite Inventory Sprite
 - Fix wrong placed Groundtiles on the Sentry Maps
 - Fix some Wall tiles Labship Map
 - Readjusted Weapon Reload Timeings for Harvester, Abductor, Fighter Ship and Sentry
 - Readjusted Weapon Powers for Harvester, Abductor, Fighter Ship and Sentry
 - Readjusted Fuelcapacity of Thunder (60->40) and Firestorm (20->30)
 - Retaliator Repair Rate change from 3%->2%
 - Thunder, Firestorm and Avenger get Repair rate 3% instead of 1%
 - Increased Firestorm Alien Alloy Production Cost (90->120)
 - Reworked stats of Gazers, Muton Elite and Muton Brain Guards to be more consistent
 - Reworked Route Nodes for Fighters, Sentry and Excavators (proper Importence set)
 - Reworked Labship Nodes
 - Added turned Labship
 - Added 1 Variant Labship and turned Version

Modportal Link

Readme attached here

Have Fun storming the New Labship! And be aware of Sectoid Terrormissions, they now have a little nasty extra ^^

EDIT: Attached Labship Interior Pics.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:44:55 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
The stuff i am working next on will be:

New Mapscripts for Terrormissions based upon AREA51 Terrain from the Modpack.
I have planned 3 so far, a Airfield, a Barracks and a Fortification.

Maybe some Military Civilians, especially for those and some convential weapons placed on the Maps.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
I've just started a new run through with v0.89 and really liking what I'm getting so far. You should be careful when you start a playthrough and add mods to increase difficulty as first mission on the first day was a Mechtoid large scout with 4-5 cyberdiscs. Needless to say I had to abort pretty pronto. Using the nightly of 2015_07_25_1421 but running off the exe from openxcom extended v2.4 so that I can have psi amp range of max 20. I noticed one small oversight though, in the units section of the hardmode rulest files you appear to be missing the increased psi strength and bravery for a sectiod medic.

Spoiler:
  - type: STR_SECTOID_MEDIC
    stats:
      bravery: 90
      psiStrength: 60

At least I assume this was an oversight but thanks for what I assume is going to be a interesting challenge.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I've just started a new run through with v0.89 and really liking what I'm getting so far.

Glad to hear that. Be advised:
Spoiler:
I changed the weaponspower of some UFO's so they do more damage, they will also fire quicker.
Interceptors, without Avalanche Missiles should stay away from Fighters, Sentry Ships, Abductors and Harvesters.
They will shoot down your Interceptor.

You should be careful when you start a playthrough and add mods to increase difficulty as first mission on the first day was a Mechtoid large scout with 4-5 cyberdiscs. Needless to say I had to abort pretty pronto.

You probably screwed yourself over with slapping on the Mechtoid Mod already. It has a own Missionlist and own Racedefinitions, which will probably
overwrite the ones from Hardmode Expansion. You will most likely:
 - Not have the Floater Alien Base Mission in the first month.
 - You will because of this, for a long time, not have access to Interrogations, until you get another Alien Base.
 - You will not have Access to the Alien Data Slate, until you get another Alien Base.

I stated very clearly that this Mod is intended to be standalone, and with the latast changes difficulty will be high enough.
But in any case tell me how it goes.

As so far i can say that the Mechtoids Mod is not compatible, because it screws around with the Race and the Missionlist.

Using the nightly of 2015_07_25_1421 but running off the exe from openxcom extended v2.4 so that I can have psi amp range of max 20.

Well HF with that, Psi - Amps will only be avaible in the lategame, but i guess that will not make any difference.

I noticed one small oversight though, in the units section of the hardmode rulest files you appear to be missing the increased psi strength and bravery for a sectiod medic.

Spoiler:
  - type: STR_SECTOID_MEDIC
    stats:
      bravery: 90
      psiStrength: 60

At least I assume this was an oversight but thanks for what I assume is going to be a interesting challenge.

Jeah just checked, probably a oversight from the initial Coreruleset writing. Will be fixed in the next Version.

I advise you, to turn of the Mechtoids Mod (reasons see above).

And one last thing Simon, since your running openxcom_git_master_2015_07_25_1421
Do the following:
Spoiler:
Open in the Hardmode Expansion Ruleset folder the vars.rul
insert or replace:
alienFuel: STR_ELERIUM_115
with
alienFuel: [STR_ELERIUM_115, 35]
this will reduce the amount of Elerium you get per UFO Power Source from 50 to 35.
I do not advise to lower it more, since Elerium-115 usage for a lot of Production topics have been severly increased!
This setting will be standard in the coming 0.90 Version.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:43:09 pm by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
I guessed as much when the first mission was mechtoids so as you advised I've removed it, pity though as it's a nice mod. Will wait and see what missions generate for March and if a base mission is generated but not floaters I can always change whatever the race is to floaters as I missed out on that base in the first month. The xcom intel v0.84 tool is very useful for seeing up to the next 13 alien missions in eta order (see attached). I'll play it by ear if I wish to implement the change about E115 as you suggested. Surely with the new mod structure, if I'm still on this game and v0.90 comes out could I not just upgrade to v0.90.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I guessed as much when the first mission was mechtoids so as you advised I've removed it, pity though as it's a nice mod. Will wait and see what missions generate for March and if a base mission is generated but not floaters I can always change whatever the race is to floaters as I missed out on that base in the first month. The xcom intel v0.84 tool is very useful for seeing up to the next 13 alien missions in eta order (see attached). I'll play it by ear if I wish to implement the change about E115 as you suggested. Surely with the new mod structure, if I'm still on this game and v0.90 comes out could I not just upgrade to v0.90.

I only can say that you are now in a world of pain. Since you will not get Laser Weapons or Plasma Weapons, without Live Interrogations.
And fighting Snakeman Missions with only Alloy Ammo and Conventional Weapons?
Spoiler:
Cry in pain, since they spawn in a few Mutons on each missions.
I actually mentioned the Elerium-115 stuff, because i myself have not the time to start a third testplay and since this is something which will only be noticeable in a full runthrough, i would like to have someone test this. The value can always be adjusted. So to say you may test this new feature in front before the initial release ;>

EDIT: You will already cry when you encounter a Sectoid Terror Mission, because... you will see :P

EDIT: 0.90 Version will mainly consist of Bugfixes, and some new Maps for UFO's probaly and some new Terraindefinitions for the Military Base Attack Terrordeployment.
So no major changes.

The research Tree is fixated. (Even thou i will have to edit it slightly and add Itemrequirements with the Special Mission for the Psi Amp, but this is minor)
The Weapon and Item List is also fixated.
The Alienrace List is also fixated.

So no more changes there.
There will be a human faction you will fight against once Missionscripting is avaible.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:03:05 pm by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Just decided to atart a fresh game with a new install but on finding the first base whether I'm running off the nightly exe or extended exe I get the following error message(attached). I have a good few mods on but not mechtoids now and I can't see what might be causing the error. Help please.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Just decided to atart a fresh game with a new install but on finding the first base whether I'm running off the nightly exe or extended exe I get the following error message(attached). I have a good few mods on but not mechtoids now and I can't see what might be causing the error. Help please.

Any of the mods has Itemlevels defined which are not compatible with My mod.