Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352659 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
So the difference is just more aliens. Ok.

Well despite of the changes which will occur due to the difficulty level (lowered alien stats, even further lowered numbers).
The additional aliens spawning in on Superhuman, will only spawn on Superhuman, since they are useing a fallback routine of the game to spawn in.
They do not have normal spawnpoints asigned, since this is only possible for the alienRanks 0 to 7, which have asigned spawnpoints on maps.
So they will spawn near there brothers, or on any other spawnpoint which is open to all units. Which can have so nasty side effects in base defense missions, but i do not
wanna spoil anything :P You will feel the pain yourself, as i did.

I always wonder that in the ufopedia the weight of the things aren't displayed. It is very important.

Weight was never intended to be displayed, at least in the Original Game, so UFOPaedia Pages do not support it be default.
I could at it manually, which is something ireally do not wanna do.

The Advanced Option "Inventory Stats" will give you a weight indicator for every soldier while equiping it, so you can see how many weight they can carry, do not overload them
until it is really really neccessary.

Or, some info about the choosen researches, or info about the manufactured things.

Every research has at least 1 UFOpaedia entry following it.
About the Researches, there is a Research Tree Graphic witch shows you which research topics do lead to what. You can find it either in the Mod Files itself (because i added it)
or take a look at the first Post of this thread were it is also added.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:52:24 pm by hellrazor »

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Know somebody how can I make to hold ctrl on Android device to get the special movements?
Or what mean extended mouse?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Know somebody how can I make to hold ctrl on Android device to get the special movements?
Or what mean extended mouse?

Maybe you ask here??

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
If and when I ever get through Pirates I like the look of Hardmode but was wanting to know a few things (1) Is it possible to have a max range for the psi amp as v0.9j of Pirates has it at 16? (2) Especially since it has been updated there today, any chance of including "Mechtoids" as I don't think I could have it on at the same time as Hardmode due to Mectoids only having 0-2 Alien Item Levels? (3)
Spoiler:
Just number crunched the other night there and it would be possible to mind control an Ethereal Soldier even on Superhuman if you had a maxed out psionic on 105/100 or 100/100 psi skill/psi strength. IF my numbers are right at 1 square you could have up to a 42%. Leaders and Commanders are immune to mc as the max attack strength a troop could have is 210.

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Especially since it has been updated there today, any chance of including "Mechtoids" as I don't think I could have it on at the same time as Hardmode due to Mectoids only having 0-2 Alien Item Levels?

The Mechtoids use 0-2 alien item levels to stay compatible with vanilla game but they're written to work with 0-3 too. The same method can be used to make them work with 0-4 levels that Hardmode uses so you can simply rewrite the mod yourself by copying level 3 as level 4. Just make sure you load Hardmode *after* Mechtoids.

Or I can post a newer version of the mod that would do the same, I guess...  ;)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
If you don't mind that would be nice. Here is the alien item levels from hardmode v0.88:

###BEGIN ALIENITEMLEVELS
alienItemLevels:
  - [0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 6]
  - [0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 6]
  - [0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6]
  - [0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6]
  - [0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6]
  - [0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6]
  - [0, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6]
  - [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6]
  - [1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6]
  - [1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6]
  - [2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6]
  - [2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6]
  - [3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6]
  - [3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6]
  - [3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6]
  - [6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6]
###END ALIENITEMLEVELS

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Oh, @^#$#&! this, Hardmode now uses *7* item levels? The version I'm still using (I'm not keen on updating during a playthrough) uses 5....

Okay, back to the drawing board. I guess I'll simply create a version *designed* to work with more item levels, because deployments designed for three levels simply won't stay sensible with seven. Should have time to do that tomorrow.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
No problems but so you don't completely panic 0-2 seems to be the norm for a lot of mods though FMP uses 0-3. I may be out of date on some of these facts so apologies in advance if I'm wrong on anything.

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
No problems but so you don't completely panic 0-2 seems to be the norm for a lot of mods though FMP uses 0-3. I may be out of date on some of these facts so apologies in advance if I'm wrong on anything.

Yup, no problem here either and no panic too  :)

It is just that I've created the mod with 0-2 levels to remain compatible with vanilla and I've added that fourth level precisely to become compatible with FMP. It never occured to me that Hardmode might be using seven levels and it is quite annoying to discover this minutes after uploading a version that's compatible with the five levels in the Hardmode Expansion 0.84 that I have installed.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Oh, @^#$#&! this, Hardmode now uses *7* item levels? The version I'm still using (I'm not keen on updating during a playthrough) uses 5....

Okay, back to the drawing board. I guess I'll simply create a version *designed* to work with more item levels, because deployments designed for three levels simply won't stay sensible with seven. Should have time to do that tomorrow.

Well jeah i added some more, because i added another Clip to a certain sniper rifle and changed stuff a little bit around.
I also made it to make Blaster Launchers in the early game harder to get. They chance of occurancy is the same as vanilla, or should be.

A upgrade within a running campeign should be possible without problems. I just checked.
Your missing out a lot of the new UFO Maps i made, and also the new Terrorunits.

But maybe wait, since i am working on the next upgrade as we speak. I am currently working on the Mapscript for the Military Base Attack Terrorstuff.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:53:38 am by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
In any case i am also thinking of adding,
a Subversion of the Hardmode Expansion, this is possible because the new Mod structure allows for this.
I have thought of the following:
One version were X-Com Crafts have a Backdoor consistently, and anotherone without them (as it is now).

Another thing is i would also like to include the HQ Quality sound pack Mod. I personally use them and like them.
I have so far hold back on this since i know not all people do like it, and like the original sounds more.
This is also something which could be covered with a Subversion (or Scenario).

Feel free to comment.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:04:49 am by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
If and when I ever get through Pirates I like the look of Hardmode but was wanting to know a few things
(1) Is it possible to have a max range for the psi amp as v0.9j of Pirates has it at 16?

Well certainly possible, getting the Psi-Amp is actually much harder, since you have to do a lot of research, to actually get it.
Even thou there will also be a special Mission asigned to akquire a Psi-Amp before you can research it (the research will need the Item then).
I am not keen on taking away Psionics or limit them. The Lategame enemies are pretty resistant to it or even immune, so its usability is already nerfed.
But didn't had the opportunity in my testrun to field test psionics.

(2) Especially since it has been updated there today, any chance of including "Mechtoids" as I don't think I could have it on at the same time as Hardmode due to Mectoids only having 0-2 Alien Item Levels?

I am not planning to add any more Races, there will be a special kind of Ethereal for another special Mission, but since it is not a complete race so to say.
I will add a human faction/hybrids or so once Mission Scripting is there.

(3)
Spoiler:
Just number crunched the other night there and it would be possible to mind control an Ethereal Soldier even on Superhuman if you had a maxed out psionic on 105/100 or 100/100 psi skill/psi strength. IF my numbers are right at 1 square you could have up to a 42%. Leaders and Commanders are immune to mc as the max attack strength a troop could have is 210.

Well jeah the chances of exploiting this are actually slim. So.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
In any case those many alienItemlevels actually screwed up Blaster Occurance. I haven't seen any since my last Battleship Mission November,
so i was taking a look into this and did some testing.

With the former 5 alienItemlevels they would at least spawn 1 sometimes. With the new 7 not any more.
I have already put together a fix for the alienDeployments regarding this, so there will be Blaster Launchers occuring from Month 1.
I am really sorry but this was totally under my radar until now.

A new Version is nearly ready and will be released soon with fixes.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I have already redone the Labship routes, after fixing its proportions a while back.
A turned Version of the Original is also now ready.

Anyone interested in new Labship variants?
Get a peek here: (first design try so don't be to harsh)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Very nice!