Author Topic: Let's Play PirateZ! (0.9j) Finished:Incomplete (52 episodes)  (Read 134084 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Let's Play PirateZ! (0.9j) Now with Limericks!!!
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2015, 07:17:35 pm »
Though the fact that acid bags can survive multiple dynamite attacks has me dazed.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2015, 08:12:45 pm »
Uh.. Capt'n! The rum is sweeter over there! *points in a random direction that's not here* I say we go get some!

Those guys are scary.. the number of dynamite packs it takes to deal with them, and the number of 'em is crazy.. That's kind of a "max damage check" and in this case I don't know if even with all the loot in the Bonny you'd be able to kill 'em all. Also be wary of melee reaction "fire". I got a gal gutted by a church neophyte with a billhook for stepping up to him.. Nasty!

A tip on smoke: Smoke screens are good, but even better between you and the enemy than on top of you ;) That way you can take your time with most gals, send one in the smoke to scout and come back, then throw stuff or snipe through the smoke. Smoking is bad for your health!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2015, 08:16:17 pm »
Rum?? Lets go get er! ... sumwhere else!

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2015, 08:16:41 pm »
Not all hope is lost! I think for making such an entertaining show you deserve a bit of advice... Those aquatic creatures you're facing must have some trouble breathing even in CLEAN air, hmm? :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2015, 10:12:39 pm »
Ha! Now that's funny! We'll have a blind smoking contest between the gals and the fish people! Who's gonna stand longer?! Good thing you have some smokey armor Ivan!

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2015, 06:16:34 pm »
Ha! Now that's funny! We'll have a blind smoking contest between the gals and the fish people! Who's gonna stand longer?! Good thing you have some smokey armor Ivan!

Somehow this conjured an image in my twisted immagination about the blackshith and the fishtrader from Asterix duking it out with rotten fish.Inside a smoke screen.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2015, 06:36:32 pm »
That works pretty well :D Gal with a hammer VS stinky fish person!

Smoked fish and lobster party back at the base tonight?!

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2015, 11:17:23 pm »
That works pretty well :D Gal with a hammer VS stinky fish person!

Smoked fish and lobster party back at the base tonight?!

Am afraid, I have to pass. Till the cloning vats bring me back that is.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2015, 04:40:39 am »
Hopefully they'll throw some lobster in the vats for the growing clones to eat ;) I'm waiting for mine to come back too!

That grenade moved us up the queue a bit, not to say that that's a good thing :P

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2015, 12:11:36 pm »
That grenade moved us up the queue a bit, not to say that that's a good thing :P

Not all of us. :P

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2015, 05:11:16 pm »
My sincere condoleances if you lost your gal in that disaster! Pogroms are evil.. My gal didn't even manage to make it to the first git she tried to smash :'(

But it's all fun! Looking forward to more!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Let's Play OpenXcom PirateZ! Ep #025: Deep Ones!!
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2015, 05:41:03 pm »
Let's Play OpenXcom PirateZ! Ep #025: Deep Ones!!

"Should I stay or should I go?" 

Limerick:
Spoiler:
The decision to stay was debated
Though the loot whore desire was not sated
  We gave it a toss
  And suffered the Loss
In hindsight we should not have waited.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2015, 11:23:57 pm »
Tossing explosives to no effect makes one think of acids instead.

M8, you have a large number of vials with anti armor properties, yet you keep throwing TNT that clearly doesnt scratch the lobsters, maybe try those :P

Regarding the should I stay should I go: Id give it all a final push. Try the vials and acids. After all you did have a number of casualties but took a large number of them out. If the vials work, you can take the remnants with melee eventually. There cant be that many left.

EDIT: IF you plan to go, take a corpse of each and search for some stunned ones and throw them aboard the bonny, I am sure you have a couple of Deep ones and Lobsters stunned.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:32:14 pm by pilot00 »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2015, 11:46:02 pm »
Tossing explosives to no effect makes one think of acids instead.

M8, you have a large number of vials with anti armor properties, yet you keep throwing TNT that clearly doesnt scratch the lobsters, maybe try those :P

Regarding the should I stay should I go: Id give it all a final push. Try the vials and acids. After all you did have a number of casualties but took a large number of them out. If the vials work, you can take the remnants with melee eventually. There cant be that many left.

EDIT: IF you plan to go, take a corpse of each and search for some stunned ones and throw them aboard the bonny, I am sure you have a couple of Deep ones and Lobsters stunned.

The two acid vials that hit, did nothing that I could see.  All in all, this was a mission that only gave us losses as far as I can tell.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2015, 11:57:39 pm »
The two acid vials that hit, did nothing that I could see.  All in all, this was a mission that only gave us losses as far as I can tell.

One hit a deep one, and the acid shells from the blunderbuss took three deep ones down. I was speaking about the lobsternmen, the logic says ->armor eats at acid. I wouldnt be surprised if they deep ones have acid resist though. That said, the lobstermen seem to definetly have explosive resistance. 

I dont say one could take em out, but a couple maybe. Also you might try next time to hit armored enemies from behind. That chainsaw attack might have got him that way. Truth be told I am trying to make logical assumptions here, I havent researched the lobsters. But it would make sense that acids would take them.

Maybe we will learn after the ladies put their tools on them. Overall I think I wouldnt pull out. But I can understand the decision. All things considered you did well out there.

EDIT: If the dark ones I pulled a couple of days ago are any indication of these types of missions, their corpses might lead to some new R&D stuff. But that again is speculation on my part.

EDIT2: Something that worked for me till I got another type of armor: Might want to consider the dedicated snippers/hatch gals and the mortar lady, be dressed in smoke armor in a permanent fashion? I did this and it worked wonders, perhaps if the hatch gals were awake taking potshots with the cross bow and the mortar we might have fared a bit better.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:05:42 am by pilot00 »