Author Topic: [WIP] Rebalance Mod, help needed. Plasma impact images?  (Read 4546 times)

x60mmx

[WIP] Rebalance Mod, help needed. Plasma impact images?
« on: March 26, 2015, 01:22:30 am »
This thread is for ongoing questions I have that I stumble upon in my quest to mod X-Com for reduced redundancy so that I don't have to start multiple.

Current Q; Which file stores the images for plasma impacts ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:42:34 am by x60mmx »

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Rebalance Mod, help needed with a few things.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_%28OpenXcom%29
maxRange    Maximum range at which this weapon can operate.    default : 200
aimRange    Maximum effective range with this weapon before which range-based dropoff occurs.    default : 200
snapRange    Maximum effective range with snap shot before which range-based dropoff occurs. (ufoextender accuracy only)    default : 15
autoRange    Maximum effective range with auto shot before which range-based dropoff occurs. (ufoextender accuracy only)    default : 7
minRange    Range-based dropoff will work in reverse for ranges below this.    default : 0
dropoff    The value by which the accuracy lowers for each tile after (or before) the thresholds above.    default : 2

Whenever a ruleset entry omits a value, it inherits the default.

sneaky AI : not that i know off, sorry.

Online SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 05:58:53 pm »
U've put me onto an idea with what u're mentioning. Surely it shud be straightforward enough to design a ruleset that can alter the extender settings, will attach what I come up with ASAP.

Online SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:37:06 pm »
Here's what I've got so far, there's another 11 weapons to go on (those I use in my current game) but a test has shown no probs so this might give u some ideas for urself. Thought 2% per square is too much of a dropoff especially for early in a game. Also the only weapons I wud give a min range to are sniper type rifles. As a final suggestion have "Ufo Extender Gun Melee" in the mods section activated and tweaked to include all weapons so that if u end up next to an alien with a sniper rifle u can always whack him over the head.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:37:05 pm »
Also, on the sneaky AI option.  Is there a way to work with it's settings?  I'd like to be able to assign it to certain aliens and not others.  Possible?

Sneaky AI is hardcoded.

Online SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 09:46:34 pm »
Here's the full rul file refined that I'm working off tho I need to include tanks, xcom sectopods and enforcers. Anything else will default to ufo extender settings.

x60mmx

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 01:31:26 am »
Is there a way to define the number of waypoints a weapon uses, instead of just true or false?

SIMON, thanks for the work man.  I am currently waiting for Yankes to implement the ability to specify at what range a weapons power begins dropping off before I continue with my weapon rebalancing mod. 

Online SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Rebalance Mod, help needed. # of Waypoints???
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 02:24:00 am »
On this one I'm not sure, vanilla xcom used to be 9 @ most waypoints I think but I've noticed recently that there doesn't seem to be a limit to the number of waypoints u can set which of course u can abuse but unsure how to change the no. Somebody in the forum will know as it must be moddable if it only changed from the vanilla 9.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Rebalance Mod, help needed. # of Waypoints???
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 12:19:53 pm »
You cannot change the limit because no limit is implemented at all in the engine. You could set millions of waypoints if you had the patience and enough memory in your computer.

x60mmx

Re: [WIP] Rebalance Mod, help needed. Plasma impact images?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 04:43:22 am »
Thanks guys :)

Now, which file has the plasma impact images?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Rebalance Mod, help needed. Plasma impact images?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 10:38:03 am »
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=SMOKE.PCK
it's probably quicker for you to get a mod that does what you're trying to do, and study it.