Author Topic: Question regarding moding capabilities of Aircraft weapons and Items  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Vesparco

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Hello,

After seeing the mods around the openxcom and trying extensively the ufo redux mod from hobbes, I've started looking into the ruleset references and the possibilities what can bring. While being quite unexpectedly clear (I don't want to know how many hours has drained to achieve this shape), I haven't found any response on two ideas I had.

I would like to know the feasibility for them:

- The first one is if it is possible to modify the stats of an aircraft by using the aircraft weapon template. The idea behind this is to "personalize" the vehicles with accessories (armors (+HP), afterburners (+speed), improved radar, additional HWP on the belly of the skyranger  :P, etc.)

- The second one is if it is possible to modify stats of soldiers or armor using the item template. The idea behind this is also for accesories (laser sight, scope,..) but also to implement riot shields like xenonauts (front armor mod) or force fields like xcom apocalypse (general minor improvement).

My first idea was that is totally infeasible because is not contemplated XD. But as I've seen that the project is evolving continously, I thought that the wikipedia couldn't follow the pace.

In any case I would love to have opinions and suggestions of it.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding moding capabilities of Aircraft weapons and Items
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 06:54:05 pm »
First one is possible in Extended version. Every craft weapon can change stats of craft.