aliens

Author Topic: Map generator encountered an error: no xcom units could be placed on the map.  (Read 3869 times)

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
So playtesting my TC Mod and I get this error when facing a supply ship in the polar region. Basically everything at this point is custom, but a quick test of turning off the UFO map replacement makes this work.

I'm able to run the exact same scenario with new battle and it launches fine, so I'm assuming it's something about how the maps are building in this one instance.

I did make my supply ship as large as the battle ship, but I don't know if that should matter since it does work pretty much every time I test in the simulator.

Is there something I'm missing configuring in my rule files or is this strictly a matter of the game expects a 20x30 map even though I set it to 30x30 for the UFO and it's somehow knocking my craft off screen? Looking at the map with the standard supply ship map there's a lot of water, so maybe with my larger ship map there's just no place left for the xcom craft to spawn? I suppose I can resize my ship, but would prefer to keep it as it is if possible.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
The starting place to look would be the mapScript being used.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
means a few things.
there is no space for your skyranger due to the way map is built you may need to use a script.

map doesn't have a route RMP xcom start point node so engine doesn't know where to start your guys.

you might also have no RMP for your file. lastly if the map has a script set up it may be incorrect.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Is there a way in the mapscript to increase the dimensions of the map, or exclude a particular MCD like the water that seems to be crowding out my landing spots? Looks like size isn't really  the appropriate place for that. Or is there some sort of conditional set of rules to make sure that exerything deploys before we do the fills?

I don't think it should be RMP routes or deployments as those are set in my maps and rule files, although I don't remember now if I specifically included a tile on the map for the deploys since the Rulefile allows me to place untils as I like. Still, my xcom craft is similar dimensions to skyranger, and the 30x30 for the supply ship should work in theory unless I'm missing something.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Seems like the resize command was what I was looking for. Just had to place before the crafts and ufos are placed on the map.
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2934.msg35920.html#msg35980

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
nice . map scripts will save your butt (or ruin it).